Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: New Stagea owner.  (Read 898 times)

1uzfesoarer

• RB20E
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« on: August 01, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »
Hey guys, the name is James, I live in Auckland in Mt Albert and as my user name suggests I have a UZZ31 1995 Toyota Soarer. I have been doing some regular track days with the Soarer and currently it is undergoing a manual conversion. Due to the Soarer being off the road I have been driving around the old's Hyundai Lantra stationwagon. I figgured, why don't I just by another vehicle but make it a stationwagon so when it comes to those track days I can cart all the gear like tools, extra wheels etc and it can keep up with the Soarer when traveling to and from the track plus if the Soarer breaks down at the track I can get a car trailer and tow it back with this stationwagon.

I have been looking for quite a while at different types of stationwagons like the Toyota Caldina, Nissan Stagea etc and have finally found a vehicle that fits my budget. That vehicle being a WGNC34 RS Four Nissan Stagea.

I will upload some pics when I pick it up tomorrow night.

I negotiated with the owner a price of $3200 with 220,000Kms. It needs a bit of work but when I know 3 different mechanics and 1 of them in particular knows his RB's and Skylines, I am not too worried.

Some of the work it needs is as follows:
- New Radiator as the current one is leaking so will most likely go with an Ally one from STA Parts.
 - New front sway bar links, will hit up the boys at my local SAS for these but some part numbers would be handy if anyone has them?
- New front left control arm bush as it will fail the next WOF but I see that the right one has a Nolathane one so I dont know why only one got replaced so will need the part number for that too, possably go Repco for that.
 - New rocker cover gaskets due to it looking like the Rena, Get my mate to source that stuff.

I plan on keeping it auto as it will be my other daily driver but would like to do the usual mods like:
- Front mount Intercooler
- Full exhaust
- ECU chip'n tune
- Tint the two front windows and the rear windscreen as the rest have the factory privacy glass
- R33 GTS25T front brake upgrade
- Perhaps the 300Kmh speedo upgrade
- JVC headunit with 12 inch sub
- 17"x8" Work CR Kai wheels that I have with slicks for the Soarer I plan on getting painted Bronze or Black wrapped in some 235 or 245/40 or 45/17 tyres.
- Better wastegate and BOV
- Boost guage
- Possably go with a T3/T4 turbo but for now i might just wind the boost up on the factory turbo.
- Front Whiteline sway bar
- Lowering springs and new shocks

I would like to go to this Friday's meet at Countdown but at this stage I am unsure if I can make it but I look forward to getting to know and meet some of you.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:16:01 PM by 1uzfesoarer »

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
Hey James welcome to SDU, you sound like you're pretty on-to-it. Would be good having your wisdom on here :) There are some Stagea owners on here who will be more than happy to help you with your queries too.

Maybe catch you at a meet sometime :)

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »
Yep good multipurpose vehicle. If it a S1 auto you won't easily be able to chip the ecu but will need something like a Greddy E-Mananage for tuning purposes

GTT or any similar upgrade for the front and rear brakes is an easy bolt on.

1uzfesoarer

• RB20E
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 06:47:18 AM »
Cheers guys.

Bob - I am told that it is a S2 RB25DET but to get around the S1 ECU's I am told you can just use an R32 ECU? The brake upgrade I was thinking of R33 4pots for front but don't know if I will go with any thing for the rear at this stage however the brake upgrade will be further down the track. Also I might be in touch with you about your speedo kit if you have any left? Would you happen to do install too?

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 08:23:10 AM »
R32 ecu is only an option for manual as the S1 Stagea [a little confusingly Series 1 Stagea has  R33 S2 engine - Series 2 Stagea has R34 neo engine] ecu is a bitza - three lines of pins in plug c/w 2 rows for R33 - and also contains auto ecu! I have solved the problem with GTR gearbox and Link G4 ecu but yes auto is better for towing.

I have a speedo kit and can supply full instructions but the Jaycar kit requires assembly - not one of my strong points! Yep any 4 pot set up will fit R33GTST, R34GTT, GTR etc.

Got any videos of your Soarer soaring? Drags or track?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:25:42 AM by westybob »

1uzfesoarer

• RB20E
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:28:03 AM »
Here is my Youtube account, got a few track session vids on my computer. This was my first Soarer but have stripped it and put all the good gear into the one I am converting to manual.
http://www.youtube.com/user/1uzfeSoarer

Bender

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »
Hey, Welcome along SDU.... Always nice to see more Stagea owners joining up....

1uzfesoarer

• RB20E
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
I would upload some pics but I am not having any luck in resizing them due to being over the 70KB limit.

Bender

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
Have a read of this thread how to upload photos

http://www.skylinesdownunder.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=64038

1uzfesoarer

• RB20E
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 04:49:00 AM »
Beter yet now that I own the car, here is the trade me link: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=489929428

Here is my photobucket album too: http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o552/1uzfesoarer/
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:03:12 AM by 1uzfesoarer »

Demco

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 01:55:46 PM »
Nice name you have there im also a James too welcome :)
♜♞♝♛[Firing order: 1-5-3-6-2-4]♚♝♞♜[/b]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ARRRHHH THUUURRRTYYY TWOOO
Progress 98%

[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[/COLOR] || ]

1uzfesoarer

• RB20E
    • View Profile
New Stagea owner.
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 05:33:56 PM »
Hahaha isn't it just the best name?