Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Drove a GTR for first time today :D  (Read 1601 times)

Scubaline

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Drove a GTR for first time today :D
« on: August 17, 2012, 06:46:31 PM »
Today at work one of my managers allowed me to drive the R34 GTR that came into us about 6 weeks ago.

owner had asked it to be taken for a drive since it had been sitting for so long.

I let it warm up for about 10 mins before we went on the road, then filled it up $20 by owners request.

I then took it to the longest straight, sea view rd.
No cars ahead of me, and started building it up in 2nd... the amount of power is ****ing ridiculous... I didn't just mash it, but built it up...

I've been passenger in a R32 GTR thats been tweaked a bit... but this was ****ing ridiculous.
No such thing as lag...
Don't quote me on this but apparently it has had over 80k spent on it.

I want a GTR :D (still love my R30 though!)

Osiris09

• SDU Member
  • RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 07:03:50 PM »
I remember the first time i got in mine and thought is was awesome. Then got it modded after the breakdown and god it was fun. I know this feeling. It is awesome lol. Problem is now it feels a little slower and need more power. Damn that power bug!!! lol

gtsr

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 09:52:53 PM »
Awesome. :)

SkylineObsession

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 05:55:01 PM »
I got a ride in a mates R33 GT-R which was about 600hp or something (not at the wheels), and after he took it up to 280 km/h (bumps in the road that aren't really there at 100km/h is testament to this) he let me drive it back. FYI, i had no idea he was going to speed like that, thought it was just going to be a ride around the block.

By god it was awesome. :eek: I passed a car from maybe 80-130km/h or so (didn't look at speedo) and it just forced me back in the seat like nothing else i've ever been in. Car i passed probably wasn't too happy, as they turned their high beams on after i pulled back in (was still daylight). :D

Been even more hooked since then, but sadly i don't have anything remotely as powerful to drive.
That's why i'm still buying Lotto tickets...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:57:13 PM by SkylineObsession »

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »
Wow mean, wish I could drive a GTR one day :D

AGRORB

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 10:50:36 AM »
Needs its front lip on...

Been for a ride in a mates 260RS Stagea, apparently one only a couple of genuine ones in the country. For a 1.7 tonne wagon, entirely stock apart from R34 turbos, this thing flew, just kept pulling too, fair puts you in your seat :) That really started an obsession with RB26's for me.
Truck drivers - We go ALL night.

BWARP.NET.NZ | BLOG | FORUM | SHOP

Quote from: ibb&;559471
I\'d drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a CB radio

Quote from: nathan1017;591767
giving the knob to sdu.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

StixBNR32

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »
You can drive a Rb20det or Rb25det but these are no match for a Rb26dett - the response and pull from that mill is something else. Keep your Rb30 you wont rev as high with out some good old strapping and boy it feels good at 8k rpm.

gtsr

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 10:02:16 AM »
Each engine has different characteristics. Some are better than others.

RB20DET has the response (transient, boost, engine response), but lacks torque down low, mid and lacks the big hp (less than the other RB engines when boosted up).

RB25 (better boost response than RB26 when stock), RB26 is more midrange and RB26DETT has a smooth power delivery with twin turbo, more sudden with single turbo when put foot down.

RB28, RB30 is more torquey, more powerful throughout powerband than RB26 (dyno proven).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:41:31 AM by gtsr »

StixBNR32

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 10:25:12 PM »
many dyno sheets from many bad builds :)

StageFumer11

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 06:05:06 PM »
Osiris09 hasnt let me drive his yet :(
1985 R30 Skyline Coupe

That Harry Connick Jr Guy

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »
RB 30 Can rev. Seen a huge amount of threads on which is better RB26 or RB30.
It seems hands down in every way that matters the RB30 wins.
More torque, spools bigger turbos faster, requires less boost to get the same power.
Still capable of reving as it is still basically a square engine.

The reason Nissan made them 2.6 is that was as big as they could go with the regulations for the formula they wanted to run in in competition.

Japs don't make rb30s much as they don't have the rb30 blocks hanging around in big quantities and the os giken kits are astronomical.

mine will stay a 2,6 for now though.
Anything that doesn\'t Kill you can only maime you for life.

Scubaline

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 06:23:53 PM »
the GTR I drove just sold today, for around 50K

Osiris do you know how much power yours puts out?

Osiris09

• SDU Member
  • RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 06:46:16 PM »
Mines putting out 310kw ath all 4 wheels which is about 416hp with 519nm torque. It has had another tune since then amd got a little more out of it but cant remember what it was after. wasnt a heap more. Mines limited by the turbo. its a bit cheap and is sitting at its max safe power output but it was all the cash i had at the time to spend on that. Its also rev limited as i diddnt have enough for the n1 oil pump so thats sitting at 7200rpm. But it pulls harder than the 26 ever did though.

You can drive 1 day stage when u have your car so we can swap lol.:laugh::laugh:

Scubaline

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 07:40:06 PM »
Quote from: Osiris09;604436
Mines putting out 310kw ath all 4 wheels which is about 416hp with 519nm torque.

Goddamn :O

Osiris09

• SDU Member
  • RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »
Yeah its a bit of fun. Although got the power bug. its starting to feel slower to me. Just have to look at the passengers faces to know its still fast enough for them. You should come for a look next time im down in wellington working on it at stagefumers. Hopefully putting new vents in the bumper sometime soon so will be over then.