Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: R34 Vehicle Speed sensor wiring help  (Read 2999 times)

Lynx

• RB20E
    • View Profile
R34 Vehicle Speed sensor wiring help
« on: January 07, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
Hi,

I have a R34 with rb25det. The problem i have is my speedo is not working as its not connected to anything.

I have the VSS in the gearbox.

Can someone point to me where the two wires from the VSS go to at the back of the speedo/dash?

There is no plug or anything like that on the bottom harness where all the other sensors from the gearbox run through.

Thanks

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 07:31:54 PM »
I think this picture is from a GTR but should be similar where the two green cables go you should have just one which is the speed signal:

Lynx

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »
Do both wires from the sensor go there? If not where should the other go? Ground? Thanks for the reply

Clinton

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 09:56:12 PM »
As far as I know R34s take speed signal from the abs unit which gets a pulse from the abs sensor on the rear diff. At least it did on the last R34 I worked on.

Lynx

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 10:05:42 PM »
Yes from the information i have gathered it does, and the reason why mine is not working is because previous owner had removed the ABS computer etc but all the sensors are still there. Do you know if i can wire the ABS sensor from the diff directly to the speedo head? Theres again two wires off the abs sensor. Thanks!

Clinton

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 10:23:58 PM »
Potentially yeah, I know you can definitely use the ABS sensor as a speedo sensor, but if you can go direct to the speedo I don't know.

You can also just put the abs stuff back in, you only need the computer not the mechanical part.