Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Subframe Bushings  (Read 1774 times)

rrcredline

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://homepages.vodafone.co.nz/~lakewood/Skyline/R32Skyline.htm
Subframe Bushings
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 08:49:28 PM »
Do not remove the original outer sleeves if you go the Noltatane way. They need the factory outer sleeve in place

DeadBroke

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Subframe Bushings
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 09:56:18 PM »
I've seen those gk tech subframe bushes. I'm not sure but I think you can use the like the part shop max subframe risers. If you just use the bottoms and scrap the tops, you could raise your subframe half an inch, why?... When you lower your car your rear arms end up on an upward angle and your suspension geometry suffers and you lose mechanical grip. Raising the subframe flattens the arms out and your car will handle a lot better

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Subframe Bushings
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 01:06:20 PM »
All ready for it's gloss black. This was not an easy task getting them out.

Alright, need to decide how I'm gonna do this. I take it the actual bushing & rubber pad is the basics for the subframe & the other 3 items in the pile are collars/risers. Correct?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

30ed32

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Subframe Bushings
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2013, 05:16:56 PM »
yeah just put the bush in and rubber disk on top and that's that
lol everything I say is just made up, don\'t pay any attention

DeadBroke

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Subframe Bushings
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 05:20:39 PM »
That big washer with the slot in it is supposed to go on top. But if you wanna raise the subframe leave it out so the subframe can sit up closer on the cars body.

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Subframe Bushings
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2013, 09:51:30 PM »
Probably will just leave it with the bushing & rubber pad then as I will be getting Coilovers in the near future. Thanks once again guys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DeadBroke

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Subframe Bushings
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »
Also I'd like to add, when you buy camber arms you should go for the c shape ones with the kink in them (like the part shop max ones) over the ones that go right around the strut because the bend gives you maximum camber arm/chassis rail clearance. Especially when running a raised subframe. As for toe arms, the straight ones should be fine because the bottom of the gk tech bushes aren't as beefy as the max bushes so it shouldn't hit, but if you have bugger all clearance there are toe arms with a bend available designed for this clearance. Hope this makes sense.

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Subframe Bushings
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »
Sweet as. Hoping that having none of the subframe risers on will bring the subframe up which will in turn bring the rear wheels just that much more in to the wheel arch?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DeadBroke

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Subframe Bushings
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »
I don't think it going to make that much difference with you wheel clearance. It'll help with running less negative camber if that's what you mean.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:04:01 PM by Skumline »