Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Need Help!  (Read 750 times)

zifzone

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Need Help!
« on: July 18, 2013, 10:10:03 PM »
A friend of mine went to get a WOF for his 4 door 32 and he failed for chassis rail + floor damage. Just curious if anyone has any contact's or knows where he could take it.

He has already been to some local panel beater's in Papakura area and they were not interested since it wasn't a insurance job and didn't even take a look at it which pissed me off.

So I was just wondering if anyone has or knows of a place to get looked at and done that wont break the bank. Also is it true that if chassis work is done like welding that it will need a cert or be done by a certified welder.?
ID1000\'s / FMIC / PLENUM / MP.TURBO!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4ever_sideways

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:32:57 PM »
I has to have a panel beaters certificate.

Must be pretty bad if some place don't want to touch it. Had the sills straightened and the dents removed on the s13 for $400 inc. all the paper work for a wof.
Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

Some people are like clouds, once they f*ck off it\'s a beautiful day.

zifzone

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Need Help!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 11:19:42 PM »
Nah two of the places didn't even bother to look at it they just asked if we had insurance and we didn't so they said they have to much work atm without even knowing what car it was or looking at the damage that's what pissed me off. So should he be asking if the place are qualified to be working on the chassis or are all panel shop's certified and you just gota ask for the paper work?
ID1000\'s / FMIC / PLENUM / MP.TURBO!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

benji-nz

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Need Help!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 09:25:58 AM »
They have to be an NZTA? approved panel beaters. My car had both rails and sills repaired for $500 inclusive.
"I ran a 25 turbo on my 20 when I had stock cams. Managed 300whp at 24psi on e85 figured that was the max on that turbo"