Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: ABS Light Question - R33 GTS25T  (Read 968 times)

BLKR32

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
ABS Light Question - R33 GTS25T
« on: December 02, 2013, 08:02:17 PM »
Hey all,

Alright this is an interesting one and not what you think haha. I am making the final push after a 7 month process to get my car road legal for summer and have taken it for its WOF and cert is booked in for next week.

WOF guy failed it on a few things and all are minor but the one point in regards to the ABS light has me thinking. Now the light itself is not on and brakes work sweet, so no issues with the ABS not working. So my first question to the WOF guy was "So what exactly is wrong?"

Apparently the ABS light is supposed to come on when the car starts up as a part of the ABS Units self checking process. I looked through a service manual and didn't notice any that mentioned this, mind you I may have been having a mans look.

The car is a 96 R33 GTS25T S2

First question is to all those with R33's that have ABS (or any other Nissan that has ABS) does your ABS light come on when you start the car, then turn off shortly after.

Or when you start the car, its the same as mine and the ABS light doesn't come on at all.

My other theory is the bulb has just blown, so will pull the dash apart if the above question turns out to be true and replace it.

Any help is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:03:43 PM by BLKR32 »

base

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »
Comes on goes out with car running but airbag  turns out with key on

BLKR32

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »
Quote from: base;622859
Comes on goes out with car running but airbag  turns out with key on

Awesome thanks man. Shall be pulling the dash apart tomorrow evening as I am assuming bulb has gone.