Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: 25det neo intake system problems  (Read 830 times)

jono9134

• RB20E
    • View Profile
25det neo intake system problems
« on: September 07, 2014, 03:28:10 PM »
Hey all,

I'm wondering how hard it is to take the factory intake off and install a ffp ? I want to do it myself but lack the knowledge to do so.

I'm tempted to start disconnecting hoses and taking bolts out but will I cause myself a headache if I do and end up taking it to a mechanic to finish/install new lines or will it save them time?

It's a manual 99 r34 GT ( non turbo) with a Rb25det neo auto supposedly out of a r34 GTT in japan.  So manual loom in the car and auto loom on the motor

Any and all help is appreciated

30ed32

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Re: 25det neo intake system problems
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 03:53:00 PM »
if you're going to do it it would be best to send to a mechanic all together there is nothing worse when it all comes in bits and pieces from the customer.  As for putting a ffp on it I'm not sure you might need to get one custom made or look around for a bit as I believe the greddy chinese type that you see on trademe are for r33's and non neos.
lol everything I say is just made up, don\'t pay any attention

sk8seddon

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Re: 25det neo intake system problems
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 04:50:45 PM »
they do fit as the gaskets and ports line up fine, just need to use r33 water lines and idle control valve. the computer has a hissy fit tho and will cause all sorts of issues to do with air flow etc, best to do computer ant tune at same time, if your not going top mount turbo and need the room keep the factory intake.