Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Spacers banned?  (Read 1740 times)

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Spacers banned?
« on: November 21, 2014, 09:08:36 AM »
My WOF inspector tells me that spacers are no longer allowed and can't be certed. This is the first I have heard of this . There is provision in the handbook for spacers and wheel adapters and I have a cert for them. Has anyone heard of this change and when did it come in and why?

mlracing.co.nz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Re: Spacers banned?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 09:47:27 AM »
Depends what he classes as spacers. Slip on cannot be woffed and only certed if they are welded to the hub. Bolt ons can still be certed.
After performance parts for your car? PM Me, email sales@mlracing.co.nz or visit www.mlracing.co.nz!

benji-nz

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 09:56:54 AM »
LVVTA doesn't appear to have anything up at the moment regarding a ban. As to spacers themselves, my car had those horrendous slip on universal type ones that appear to have been certified. I ripped them off as soon as I noticed and bought hub centric ones as replacement.
"I ran a 25 turbo on my 20 when I had stock cams. Managed 300whp at 24psi on e85 figured that was the max on that turbo"

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 10:44:18 PM »
One of the mechanics at the place that was doing my wof took his car to another wof station (as he is required to do) and they made him remove the spacers which were like mine, bolt on, hubcentric and certified (and listed on the cert plate). I have asked a question in the LVTA board but no reply as yet
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:46:01 PM by westybob »

rrcredline

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://homepages.vodafone.co.nz/~lakewood/Skyline/R32Skyline.htm
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 08:12:11 AM »
I had bolt on on my R33 track car. I only needed 15mm extra width but the issue for me was I couldn't easily check that the inner set of wheel nuts were tight after each race.
I have no cert for my track car (still get wofs) but not with the spacers so would take them off at wof time. The inner nuts have very short hex purchase and after a while they started burring the hex. I have since fitted longer wheels studs and turned the bolt on to slip on's.  They self centre etc. Now just one set of outer wheels nuts to check.
Still got to take them off at wof time.

Nigel

enadiius

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 10:17:38 PM »
i think mag and turbo sells  the good quality spacers but they have to be welded to the rim. if you get this done make sure its someone that know what they are doing. if they do it wrong you can damage the wheel, the spacer can warp under heat and not sit flush causing vibration, holes might not line up properly. what are do you live in? you in auckland?
Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »
Welded to the rim!!!!  This must be a relatively recent change but I have not been able to find the reference yet. Yes I live in Auckland but won't be getting spacers welded on to my Rays just yet!

xxfr

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 02:41:24 PM »
There's no way I would weld any spacers to any rims.
OO   SKYLINE   OO

benji-nz

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 06:20:15 PM »
^I'd agree! Gktech spacers and studs would be perfectly fine in my opinion.
"I ran a 25 turbo on my 20 when I had stock cams. Managed 300whp at 24psi on e85 figured that was the max on that turbo"