Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: C33 Tacho Issue  (Read 1192 times)

Mantis

• RB20DET
  • Nissan Laurel Medalist
    • View Profile
    • Nissan-dedicated Instagram
C33 Tacho Issue
« on: January 25, 2016, 02:36:19 PM »
Been a while since I've posted, decided to come back to hopefully find a source to this issue I encountered.

I bought a facelift manual cluster as I like the font on them, then found it isn't a straight swap over. I pulled the gauges out of the FL cluster and put them into the PFL one and left the fuel gauge til last, finding that it won't work. I left the PFL on it and put the FL cluster in, everything worked fine. I decided I would just stick with the PFL one instead of having FL gauges apart from the fuel one, put the original tacho back in and boom, not working. Replaced it with the FL one thinking I just f'd the PFL one and that one stopped working as well.

Any help? I hate electrical issues!  :'(

alexander.a

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Re: C33 Tacho Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:31:27 PM »
Worth a check that any wires haven't slipped a bit out of the plug

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Phlex

• SDU Member
  • RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 04:08:30 PM »
check the contacts haven't folded over on the back of the cluster, its usually only a plastic sheet and all it would take is one of the contacts to be dirty or folded and not contacting.

Also are both the Tachos from a twin cam model? The RB20E rev counter wont work on an RB20DE / RB25DE / RB20DET without a resistor being soldered in line
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mantis

• RB20DET
  • Nissan Laurel Medalist
    • View Profile
    • Nissan-dedicated Instagram
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 05:33:23 PM »
check the contacts haven't folded over on the back of the cluster, its usually only a plastic sheet and all it would take is one of the contacts to be dirty or folded and not contacting.

Also are both the Tachos from a twin cam model? The RB20E rev counter wont work on an RB20DE / RB25DE / RB20DET without a resistor being soldered in line

The facelift one I tried is probably from a DE(T), but when I tried the original again it didn't work - maybe I accidentally broke or damaged a wire on the back when changing them? Worth a look though, cheers!