Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: stalling problem  (Read 1482 times)

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
stalling problem
« on: February 16, 2016, 06:00:24 PM »
the engine revs drops and sometimes stalls when give a hard stab at brake pedal.
when braked with moderate force, the rev picks back up before hitting zero but panic stop kills it.
it's not the brake booster, i disconnected and still does it.
i think it tends to happen more when engine is fully warmed up.
any ideas?
cheers
sam

Drift-monkey

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Re: stalling problem
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 12:03:03 AM »
Stab in the dark but... alternator / battery? Sounds like it might be to do with electrics.

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 07:19:18 AM »
to be honest, i fiddled with the car too much so i dont even know where to start...
i might crack open the throttle body a bit more and see if idle holds - either that open up the idle screw at the back.

Phlex

• SDU Member
  • RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 04:05:51 PM »
Have you got a venting blow off valve? Mine did this until I put the standard one back on and no issues now!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 10:59:45 PM »
Have you got a venting blow off valve? Mine did this until I put the standard one back on and no issues now!
don't have a bov! i knew it would come back and haunt me - and to make the matters worse, i welded the port shut...
it's better now with throttle body more open.
funny thing is sometimes idle kicks up to 1500-2000rpm but when i pump on the brake a couple of times it comes down...

gtsr

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 01:46:01 AM »
TPS is no touching idle contact (or stuffed), or the throttle body being open is causing the AACV trouble stabilising plenum pressure, as that is only active when engine is warm.

A temp fix is to raise idle rpm via AACV screw to simulate the engine with higher rpm when warming up.

But adjusting AACV needs Nissan Consult if use stock ECU or Conzult, Nistune, etc.