Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: R32 Front Speaker Advice  (Read 1109 times)

Dak

R32 Front Speaker Advice
« on: June 19, 2001, 09:11:16 PM »
Anyone want to give me their recommendations for a set of front speakers? I'm sick of the useless audio shops here. Basically, I wan't to run them straight off a 45W head unit, I don't want to make pods in the doors or cut big holes, really I want something half decent that'll practically bolt straight in.

Cheers, Dak.

bizkit

R32 Front Speaker Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2001, 10:47:25 PM »
well in that case you have two options

one 6x4 speakers

or 5 1/4 "speakers

also talk to fryline he has some pods that bolt to the door and you can install any speaker between 4" and 7" really (i mean really) easily

danijel

EVIL-BUNNY

R32 Front Speaker Advice
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2001, 03:58:24 PM »
jbl do gti 5" components that are rated to handle
200rms.
nice load as hell,clear mid range pitty about the mid bass.
1200 big ones is alot for 5" speakers.

:devil:

QuickortheDead

Re advice on front speakers for r32
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2001, 06:28:00 PM »
I got a lot of good advice from brendon's site.

http://www.geocities.com/brendonmoses/gts4page22.html

chers kev

infintyR32

R32 Front Speaker Advice
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2001, 09:18:26 PM »
I installed a set of Infinity Kappa 6 inch components in the front without too much trouble.

Take the door panel off, remove the standard speakers and there mounts.  Remove the grille from the door panel.

Here's where it gets a little tricky, I made a new grille outof custom wood that followed the curve of the door and was slightly larger than the hole left in the door.  Screw this onto the door from the back through the holes used to mount the grilles

I then got this vinyled and screwed the speaker onto the back of this.  Easily cleared the window and sounded ok.

The tweeters I mounted up on the window sails on the inside of the wing mirrors.  It does seperate the highs from the lows a little but with careful postioning sounds ok.  Get some second hand window sails from the wreckers for $20 to replace your originals.

I have since re done with full door length pods with illumination and angled pods for staging but that worked ok at the beginning.  At least I got some base up the front.

Cheers