Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: [ARCHIVE]: Changing Lightbulb  (Read 652 times)

ph1

[ARCHIVE]: Changing Lightbulb
« on: June 09, 2001, 09:29:28 PM »
Kamal  
(8/22/00 9:07:29 am)
Reply  Changing lightbulb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The normal driving light is gone on the drivers side. I have tried to take the whole thing out but I only managed to remove the 2 side bolts. I could not proceed any further, looked high and low but could not find the other bolts due to hosing in the way as well.

I found two slider things on top and bottom of the light casing does help in anyway.

Does anyone know how how to remove the casing to get to th bulb or do I have to discard it and buy a new bulb

Thanks all

Kamal

Arithon  
SDU Admininstrator
(8/22/00 9:09:39 am)
Reply  Re: Changing lightbulb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Just twist off the bit holding the bulbs in. You dont need to remove the whole light to get to it.

Arithon

Baje  
(8/22/00 10:41:33 am)
Reply  Lights
 If it's an R32, there are 4 bolts/nuts holding the whole thing in. You first need to remove the silver trim strip at the bottom of the air intake for the radiator (GTS model).

Also remove the turn signal - one screw, then pull it straight forward.

Remove the two screws on the outside, where the turn signal came from. The other two are inside the engine compartment, next to the radiator, and are beastly to remove, much less to replace. A universal jointed socket and some chewing gum might be needed.

Arithon  
SDU Admininstrator
(8/22/00 11:12:56 am)
Reply  Re: Lights
 You dont need to remove the whole unit just to get to the bulbs though.

Just twist off the twisty bits, pull the connector off the end of the bulb, push on the little metal bit holding the bulb in and the bulb will practically fall out on its own.

To replace, just reverse the process.

Arithon

Kamal  
(8/23/00 8:04:30 pm)
 Are those the clips on the pair on the top and @ the bottom. Do I use pliers to remove or will a flat head do the trick. Also how do you convert them so u can put other bulbs in place I want to add xeon bulbs

Arithon  
SDU Admininstrator
(8/23/00 8:51:58 pm)
 The clips are made to be removed by hand. Just squeeze the little handles and the clip comes right on out.

rithon

Zapf
(8/23/00 10:33:47 pm)
 I don't think you could put Xeon bulbs in a normal car, since it requires a special high voltage circuit... very expensive....

Cheers
Zapf

Cluffy
(8/24/00 1:49:03 am)
 I've resisted for a few days but I've got to ask......................

Just how many "Downunderings" does it take to change a light bulb?