Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: How do you get the rear covers off?  (Read 1070 times)

fezza

How do you get the rear covers off?
« on: June 21, 2001, 08:34:50 PM »
I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the rear covers off the speakers!

I don't want to break them as i'd like to use them for my new speakers so they system doesn't stand out.... don't want dudes breaking in to steal it!

Thanks

Crash

-
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2001, 08:55:01 PM »
I learnt the hard way and ended up breakin the covers off!

You have to take out the rear seat 1st, then go into the boot and underneather the tray you should notice 3 little clips that you have to push up out of their holes. push them out and go back into the car and remove the whole tray, you then should be able to remove the grilles from the underside.

Good luck

infintyR32

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2001, 08:55:37 PM »
To get the rear covers off you have to remove the entire rear parcel shelf which is held on by plastic clips.  Remove the rear seat by undoing the two bolts that hold it in and then slide a screwdriver under the shelf and pop the clips up.

Best idea is to make a new parcel shelf, I made mine out of 18mm custom wood and then vinyl it in matching grey or black to the interior.

I am in the process of making a curved one that follows the head rests in the back seat.  I will post some pictures when it is completed.

Cheers

fezza

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2001, 09:32:32 PM »
crazy idea infinity!!!

i might do that, i like making mods like that.

what a bitch about the parcel shelf..... so i have to take the rear seat out!!!

is that hard? where are the bolts located?

Thanks

infintyR32

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2001, 10:10:00 AM »
Bolts for the rear seat are located in the bottom corners of the rear seat back.  To get to them either take out the rear seat bottom by leifting it at the front where it attaches to the floor, or simply fold the back of the rear seat bottom forward to get to the bolts.  I find this the easiest.  In fact, I no longer have the bolts there as I take mine in and out quite a bit as I am installing a competition stereo.

The rear shelf then pops out easy with 3 (i think) plastic clips holding it in.  Slide a long screwdriver in under the shelf and carefully pop it up.

Hope this helps

Cheers