Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Meremere Sunday 1st July  (Read 4841 times)

forsaken

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2001, 05:58:49 PM »
Mods what are they my times were on a stock standard RB20E which is slowly dying. I would love to know what a healthy RB20E can do:p
Framed A3 Photographs for sale PM for information

FRYLINE

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2001, 08:59:56 PM »
i might be able to get a hold of a healthy gte.......:confused:
lurking still......

Velocity

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2001, 09:10:16 PM »
Well, travelled three hours to attend the drags.  Had a great time thanks to the organisers!  Pitty the track had to be so slippery, great for power sliding, not so good for times.  Couldn't get anywhere near my best time no matter what I tried:( .

Looked on at the GTRs times with envy, very impressive cars!
:eek:

Phil

great day out
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2001, 09:15:24 PM »
Have to thank the people behind the event.  FANTASTIC.  I've been overseas for a few months, great to see so many skylines around.

Sad day for my, nothing stuck, and my poor old gts-t only managed a best of 15.8.  Disappointed I didn't hang around till the end.  Sounds like the track got heaps better.

Go Hard

Phil

RazorGTR

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2001, 10:50:29 PM »
GSR stopped by tonight after work and we watched the in-car footage. We managed to score Mark Vspec's 11.86 pass and it was impressive!

As I watched my last run on video my concerns were realized. I have rooted my clutch :splat:
When I shifted from 3rd to 4th you could hear the revs come up and hold for about 1 sec or so. Not good on a tight budget right now and being my only mode of transport. So I am now babying the car until I can get the brass button clutch.

The good news is with the shocking track conditions, running 9.5 psi of boost, and a slipping clutch still managing a 14.5 @ 99.12mph. That means a healthy car and decent run through the gears may mean a very low 14 or high 13 sec pass.

forsaken

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2001, 11:27:48 PM »
But Mr Fry won't the wife notice her engine is not there?
:D
Framed A3 Photographs for sale PM for information

V-Spec

SDU Drags
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2001, 03:00:08 PM »
What a great day last Sunday was! A great turnout of cars and an opportunity to race against cars other than Skylines. I was "imprezzed" by the WRX and really worried by Brett. I'm sure you got me off the line! What happened to you Neil? We both had a bad run. I missed third and immediately thought my clutch had gone. Got back to the pits to find you had parked for the day.

What a performance from BABYR! 12.7s is a very respectable time considering the R33 GTR only does 12.9s stock depending on which publication you read. The Best I've read is 12.375s.

I was pleased to break 12s for the day which was my goal and having the car stay in one piece was a bonus! Thanks Kent (mean R32 GTR) and Greg (camera) for putting the pressure on which I'm sure did the trick!

I hope they change the rules soon. I don't want to fit a roll cage! I'd rather keep it as a no nonsense street car and build an R32 drag car!

A big thanks to the members who gave of their time generously to make the day as great as it was.

BABY R

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2001, 12:50:15 PM »
Mark, Your car is pretty impressive when watched from the grandstand!!!Even when you raced other GTRs you seem to gain the lead by about 1~2 cars length! Great Stuff! I admire your car, and look forward to have a race with you when i equip my car with further mods!

BTW, my best time of the day was 12.5secs, i am pretty impressed with my car as i haven't got that much of mods!!

V-Spec

Drags
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2001, 08:43:30 AM »
BABYR.

12.5s! How did you do it? You've obviously got yourself a great machine! I look forward to doing battle at some stage in the future. Look's like I'll need to do a few mods however if I want to stay competitive!

Mark

Darren

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2001, 08:56:11 AM »
Mark the car sounds like it's going great, have you been spending more money or have you just got it all going better. Did the bigger turbos make the differance by them selves????

V-Spec

V-Spec
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2001, 02:00:28 PM »
Darren,

The turbos on their own provide a bit more puff at the top end. Combined with more fuel with the bigger injectors, I'm up from under 230KW to close to 290KW at the rear wheels. The only thing stopping me from making more power are the cams which will get some attention when funds permit.

SlowGTS-t

290kw
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2001, 03:24:09 PM »
290kw... Man, Im jealous hehehe.

Track was shocking, and I really shouldnt trust the tyre gauges at gas stations. Had the car lighting up through 2nd gear. Hmm and also heard it detonating (ouch!) at towards the top of 4th gear. Quite lucky it didnt blow up really.

But yeah, not one of my better days hehehe but still heaps of fun. Highlight of the day was Rhys calling out for the Asian Girl Racer hehehe. I got so much **** from her for that stunt afterwards. hehehe

ph1

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2001, 01:13:45 PM »
GSR32 uploaded these a few days ago, i just got round to setting up some links

Meremere videos taken by GSR32