Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Meremere Sunday 1st July  (Read 4657 times)

GaLRaCa

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2001, 12:18:25 PM »
SpeeD R,  You would be best to ring Alltech Turbo and Diesel in Wairau Road, they are fantastic and should be able to do it pretty cheaply if it hasnt already been done.    :D

SPECTRE

ME Too
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2001, 12:33:38 PM »
I will be at the BP as well...also in tow will be Simon and Duane i believe

GaLRaCa

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2001, 04:50:49 PM »
Yay!!!! My car will be there, probably not racing but at least i will be there!!!!!   I have been haunting Alltech for the past day and I think they are sick of my voice and rang me 10 minutes ago saying I can pick it up!!!! :D

RazorGTR

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2001, 07:02:09 PM »
Good news everyone. I just watched the weekend weather forcast and NO rain either day for the Auckland Hamilton are, yeeeeaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!

Should be quite cool so the turbo guys should see pretty good performance figures out of their mills.

Vandell

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2001, 11:01:10 PM »
See u all at BP then on to the games.........hope my clutch lasts:splat: And that it will be a :jack:

power hungry

Drags!
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2001, 12:48:34 AM »
Hi Guys,

Anyone thought of having a cruise from Akld? We can join the party at the BP. Well i am in Mt.Wellington. Anyone who wants to organise a cruise from Akld, gimme a buzz on 021 444 750.

Hey Brendon,
If u want help on Sunday gimme a yell as i have decided not to race; was a tough decision, but my car needs tunning.

Cheers Guys

mrmeal

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2001, 04:40:35 PM »
Just got back from Meremere, having had a go for the first time.  I had a really great time ( as in event) my times weren't too crash hot for a turbo, 15.9 being my best on the day, but it was still a really awesome experience.  

I have to say a really huge thanks to Rob and all those others like Rhys (mic), Brenhan (gate)Debbie (give us your cash) and the Hytech guys (scrutineering), for putting a lot of effort into making the day happen, and operate smoothly.  I know there were plenty others too, but I am not great with names  :p   Thankyou to all!

I'm really interested in seeing how some of those videos turned out Greg/ Simon, maybe we could have a get together when they are compiled or something.  

Pity Spectre couldn't make it last minute, hopefully everything on that front is cool banana's.  

I'm off now to go have a coffee, and try to get out of my head plans on spending huge amounts of money on my car to gain another 0.5 second.  I'm sure this drag racing thing, could be termed a disease :-)

later all.

-Mrmeal / Hayden
« Last Edit: July 01, 2001, 05:07:44 PM by mrmeal »
If you try and don\'t succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.

---------------------------------------------------
http://nzhondas.com
http://www.rotarymotion.co.nz/forum/
Team Geezer

kennydead

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2001, 05:21:53 PM »
back from the drags, it was awesome, cant blive i had 13 runs today, thanks a lot to all the people who helped and organised this. really appreciated. ;)
also congrats to all the people who had a good time down the strip. people like Mark, vince, bizkit, awesome effort dudes. :karate:
look forward for the next event like this, hopefully not only drags, try tracks
:jack:

ps. if anyone wanna see how slow and loud my car is, download the video from the sdu site.

ps2. quick question here, i paid $25 for racing, do i have to pay the $5 spectators aswell?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2001, 05:25:10 PM by kennydead »

mrmeal

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2001, 05:38:23 PM »
No you shouldn't have to dude.  Brenhan was getting the $5 at the gate from everyone, and Debs was collecting the balance of the 25 to race ( ie $20) from the drivers having cars scrutineered.  At the time she was also getting people registered for Idrag as well, which cost $5, so that's why you would have paid $25 to Debbs as well as the $5 you gave to Brenhan.  Of course Brenhan might just have been collecting the money to skip the country with :-)  hehe

Waa hoo! Head for the hills!  :-)
If you try and don\'t succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.

---------------------------------------------------
http://nzhondas.com
http://www.rotarymotion.co.nz/forum/
Team Geezer

Fusion Boy

Loud!!No!!
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2001, 05:44:41 PM »
What an awesome day! Big thanks to Fryline for the lift down and lots a laffs on the PA!! Kenny ,you should have heard the echo of the motorway overbridges when you went through at full noise! Could hear it over Fry's audio!! Waaaaaaay coooool.
Well done Hairy Buffalo for the messages (say no more ;) )
Jolly good show, wot wot!!
See ya's at the gokart night!
Fusion Boy

BABY R

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2001, 05:45:08 PM »
Excellent event, excellent weather, great turnout, actually a huge turn out, the queue in the pit lanes were packed with loads of awesome skylines.!!:)

A big thanx to all the organisers and helpers to make this event one of the better one!!

Looking forward to the next meet!

Yes Kenny, I think you need to pay for the $5 at the entry even if you are racing. BTW ur exhaust is LOUD!

FRYLINE

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
cheers
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2001, 05:48:10 PM »
tah to all that helped and i must say that i was impressed with the great amount of maturity displayed by all of the racers /participants:)
have a look here
fry
a good day and what an exelent turnout
hmmmm, mr plod had 3 speedtraps on the way back to west akl
:D
lurking still......

kennydead

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2001, 05:52:49 PM »
i know i know i know i know, its loud, but the sound doesnt really worrying me, in fact i love how it sounds like now. but losing so much power is just not fun, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:splat:

Vandell

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2001, 05:55:43 PM »
What a day that was .................:jack: Did i have fun
Thaxs all that made it happen.......i thought i didnt do to bad for frist time.......can not wait to see all the best time for each car...

forsaken

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
yay
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2001, 06:11:23 PM »
Awsome I didn't have the slowest time of the day, just watched some of my video footage and heard Rhys mention someones 20.?? i guess my 18.4 (fastest time) isn't to bad for a GTE then.

Couldn't judge on the day as there was no other GTE's :mad:

does that make me the fastest GTE :D

and to all the people out there that were caught hassling the little smoky GTE :dfinger:  atleast I'm having a go mate.

all in all an enjoyable day

and DOH:homer:  almost forgot congrats to Mark (aka. VSpec) for breaking the 12 sec mark and to Baby R for breaking 13 sec (and you didn't think you could) :)
Framed A3 Photographs for sale PM for information