Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Meremere Sunday 1st July  (Read 4862 times)

GaLRaCa

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2001, 06:25:59 PM »
Finally finished writing all the names down for the new IDRAG database, so far we have 60 names, nearly all of those were racers! absoloutly fantastic! and thats just the start!  Thanks to all of those who helped out on the day, Im glad everyone had a good day, awesome weather although terribly cold, I cant seem to get warm even now!  :D   My car survived another race day, was really pleased with the result with my best time being 14.8, which im totally rapped with as I havent done much to it at all yet!  Thanks again to everyone who showed up etc.. it was a lot of fun!:D   looking forward to the next one!

GSR32

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2001, 06:39:11 PM »
Yay, what a great day. I have some in car footage ready to upload to the internet. Just need to work out where???? Almost 50Meg worth.

Some great footage of
- RazorGTSt's 14.5 best run of the day :)
- Baby R 12.7 runs :)
- Kennydead's awesome sounding 1/4 (you have to hear it :D )
- Arithon
and of coarse
- V Spec's personal best 11.8, caught on tape.

Thanks everyone for a great day :)

Lee

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2001, 07:12:37 PM »
What a great day.
A huge turn out & fine weather.:D Freezing cold wind all day though.

A few personal records were set. Congrats to Mark V-Spec with his 11.8 (fitting the roll cage is going to make a hell of a mess of that nice GTR interior:p)
Baby R with the 12.7 sec runs in a pretty standard R33 GTR. (I see a big smoking hole in his bank account soon.):splat:
And all the others who attended & supported the event I hope you all had a good time.

One of the pics we took before racing started of most of the competitors cars.
Lee
8 till 5 Monday to Friday!!!
Time to finish my car!!
Lee\'s Mail

Got the kit now its time to fit.

Wildcard_NZ

Congrats
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2001, 08:35:49 PM »
A big congradulations and thank you to everyone who was involved in the SDU drag day.

Its always unfortunate that someone has to give up their time to make these events happen [i.e the people in the tower, not on the track!]. So a big thanks to them and SDU for allowing other clubs, such as Toyspeed etc to participlate.

Keep up the good work ;)

SDU President

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2001, 08:43:35 PM »
:headbutt:

RazorGTR

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2001, 08:57:10 PM »
I would like to thank all those who braved the cool sunny weather, and put off any other possible plans to attend today. What a turn out! It was great to see all those from SDU, Toyspeed, and the other car clubs thrashing their cars to the max.

The track was in great condition beyond the cement pad, which was shockingly slippery. For those who it was your first time the conditions of the start line were as tricky as I have ever seen, and a few others who race more than I.

Those who did not stick around or run too much after lunch missed out on the launch pad finally start to come around. 14 runs latter I finally broke into the 14's as I had been loosing traction in 1'st through 3rd. My last two runs were my best all day with a 14.85 and a 14.5 @ 99.12 mph. That makes this my quickest time yet and highest top speed. The mods I had done finally paid off. Can't wait to run on a bit better track.

SPeeD R

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2001, 08:21:36 AM »
you're welcome :D

it's always good to have a good turn out

Hytech

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Drags
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2001, 08:38:26 AM »
Congrats to everyone who achieved new personal best times on Sunday. It was also great to see a good turnout.

The best part of the day would have to have been when all the GTR's decided to go hard against each other in grudge racing.

I hope everyones cars are all right after the thrashing you guys/gals gave them. I've got a new clutch on the way, hopefully by the end of the week, after killing my one on the first run. I knew my clutch was a little dodgy but I thought I would give it a go anyway. The second and final run was the definate killer of the clutch.

All in all a good day!!!!

Tom.
Hytech GTR - 10.86 @ 209kph
Hytech Evo - 9.32 @ 150mph
http://www.facebook.com/HytechEnginesWebsite: www.hytechengines.co.nz

Big Phil

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2001, 09:18:37 AM »
Hi All..

What a great day !! Absolutley enjoyed myself, even though Shane had me working as Slave labour for some of the day.. :)

IDRAG sounds interesting, I must have a good read of it when the info comes through..

Hey GSR32, if you want some web space I would be more than happy to shove some vids with a write up on the Silvia Site.. Chuck me an email if you want..

Thanks again..

Phil..

kai

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
    • http://
drags
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2001, 09:55:50 AM »
Great day well done guys for organising it..... congrads to everyone who ran a personal best as always with drag racing the person your trying to beat is really yourself. A BIG well done to Mark for finally getting it all together and cracking the 12's....its an amazing feeling running in the 11's and its not something everyone has the chance to do. I have as much fun racing the olds RS as I do racing the gtr....hmmm strange that but I really need to learn how to do a burn out, just to damn used to 4WD :) Hehe Ive found a FJ20 turbo motor for the RS as well....so you GTSt guys had better beware....4cylinder turbo skylines are the way to go.

Hey Pat you so have to take me for a ride in that damn infinitiv8 thing....it rocks man.
If it smells like mud...tastes like mud... it might just be mud!

Brenhan

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2001, 10:26:37 AM »
Thanks for all the donations , that was the "help Brenhan buy some HKS products fund" I really appreciate all the generosity.
I think I will have a stand permenantly at the drags , I made more money in 5 hours there than I do in 5 days. :laugh: :laugh:
Brenhan.

power hungry

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2001, 10:44:57 AM »
Yeah Tazdev.
my gtst did a 20.2 sec,,,(that was the stripper skyline) and the car almost hit the fence. However managed to pull out a 14.7s@100.8mph,
wot an improvement?:)
no traction, car was still going here and there on 3rd gear. Need 225's at the back i guess.

The Great One

Meremere Sunday 1st July
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2001, 12:58:35 PM »
Glad you ppl had heaps of fun.. too bad I couldn't make it.

Hey Tazdev,
Maybe next time I'll bring down my GTE and we could have a go.. :D  hmmm was always wondering what a GTE an do.
What mods have you done to your car?

Laterz

GodzJr

Whopee
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2001, 02:27:09 PM »
Add another personal best trap speed of 105mph @ 14.4. Every launch I was sideways it wasn't funny.

kenny.. you must've lost heaps of power.. I think I was running you on my last drag at standard boost and left you far behind from halfway down!

SpeedR.. didn't see you around.

GTcrazy

drags
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2001, 05:00:16 PM »
well i'm glad i did slowest (20 sec) and one of the fastest times for a GTSt on the day. that was my first time too. best was 14.7@100.8 mph. had heaps of fun and it wasn't even my car.
great day
thankz to all the organizers
looking 4ward to the next event
laterz