Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Series II Headlights  (Read 3058 times)

Not Happy Jan

Series II Headlights
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2002, 07:29:42 PM »
It's one of those things where it seems like it would be a simple swap - But turns out to be more complicated that first thought. Don't ya hate that? But yeah, I can tell the bonnet would be different and possibly the grille. The headlights on the S2 seem to be more squarish, whereas the S1's have like a hump/curv along the top?

Cheers,
Ryan (OPL33Z)

Nemesis

Series II Headlights
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2002, 01:04:58 AM »
Originally posted by URMINE
clef.. im pretty sure that the s2 turbo had a plastic compressor wheel where the s1 turbo had a steel one.. the s2 spools better due to less weight but doesnt boost as much..

and prank didnt we see a end of 95 series 2 last week? ndr's one?.. i thought series 2 came in at the end of 95?

Series1

Series2
Hopefully you can see the difference between the series1 and 2 with these pics, as far as cosmetic goes...

S1 had ceramic compresser and impellor blades, S2 had a plastic compressor but the impellor was still ceramic. They do spool up a bit faster, but also remember that there were other changes also. The engine has individual igniter packs (although late S1 engines were the same), the whole front end is different. As far as boost goes, I have heard of a couple of guys running 12-13psi without any other mods, mine runs 11psi sweet as. Other stuff is like a rear strut brace,  dual airbags as std, ABS as std.

Ant:skulls:

If the Series1 pic doesn't work, click here. Series2, click here.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2002, 01:24:09 AM by Nemesis »

clef

Series II Headlights
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2002, 06:23:24 AM »
I believe ABS was still an option on the series 2, but I imagine more of them have it.

Wowcar

S2 Lights
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2002, 08:19:41 AM »
I was talking to Gary at Japanese Performance Carparts and he reckons the radiator support panel is different as well as the bonnet, front bar and possibly the gaurds, big job.

One thought as sprung to mind however ( I want to change my S1 Lights as well) is the S2 GTR lights (projector), I think from looking at photos these are the same silouette to the S1 GTSt lights.

Nemesis

Series II Headlights
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2002, 08:37:53 AM »
Originally posted by clef
I believe ABS was still an option on the series 2, but I imagine more of them have it.

Yes, my apologies. it was still and option, but I have yet to see one without ABS. Front Spotlights were also std on spec2

moondog

Series II Headlights
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2002, 12:21:40 AM »
Originally posted by Nemesis

Yes, my apologies. it was still and option, but I have yet to see one without ABS. Front Spotlights were also std on spec2

neither of our whales have ABS :confused: Neither has the only other series 2 I've looked under the bonnet of (a white one I saw at the iDrag nationals).

Nemesis

Series II Headlights
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2002, 12:33:51 AM »
Originally posted by moondog

neither of our whales have ABS :confused: Neither has the only other series 2 I've looked under the bonnet of (a white one I saw at the iDrag nationals).

Bugga. It must be a northern thing then huh???:D
All 4 I have seen under the hood of have it.

ndr

Series II Headlights
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2002, 11:48:27 AM »
Hey urmine,,,mines a S2 buddy,,,,built 6/1996. Iluminated rear "Skyline" Ha Ha!!!!. Dual airbags, No ABS and No for the last time you can't have my wheels. I've also got a switch in the centre console,,,,Light Reduce, got no idea what it does. It's genuine and never seen it on another car ever.

Neil.