Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Turbo or Colour  (Read 15160 times)

skyliner33wa

Turbo or Colour
« on: April 02, 2002, 08:40:07 AM »
Hey All

Just need a little advise, after washing my car and looking at the roof, i have noticed that there is a large crack aswell as little cracks forming on the roof, when i got the car, parts such as mirrors where severly faded indicated a harsh life in the sun, anyway to my question

I have the option of either repainting the car (thinking of painting it yellow, it is currently wine red) or putting in a turbo enginein they would probably cost about the same?

Any advise would be good

thanks

kris

unfamilia

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2002, 08:48:59 AM »
personally id go for the paintjob - usually id go the other way but after all the performance work it still irritates you that your car looks crap then id go for the paintjob :)

andyy

PAINT
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2002, 09:04:36 AM »
why yellow?....isnt it easier with the wine red? or darker colour?

skyliner33wa

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2002, 09:06:12 AM »
yellow cause i wanna change the color, i don't think that i have ever seen a yellow R33, correct me if i'm worng though, everyone i know tells me to paint it yellow

Rocky

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2002, 09:32:28 AM »
i saw a yellow one on "the fast and the furious"  and there are a heap of yellow ones here, but i think it looks mean on a sky.. go for the paint... i mean if sell a car with a sh1t paint job u are not going to get much. so u might as well give it a good paint job :D then do it mint :

TangoGTS-4

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2002, 09:45:10 AM »
A saw a yellow r33 GTR in perth a few years back.  Turbo or Paint hard one.

Greg.

gtrken

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2002, 11:27:12 AM »
There is a yellow GTR race car at Wanners ( sorry Barbagallo ) but spoze that doesn't count cos it's not a street croozer !
  My 2.2 c ( GST you know ) is that go for the paint but keep it original colour.
  When time comes to sell, and eventually you will cos you probably want a GTR , it will be worth more original.
     Besides , unless you are painting inside the door shuts , boot and engine bay ( that means motor out ) , it is gunna look crap !

Ken

slip

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2002, 12:49:27 PM »
Think about it, when you are driving along a nice road enjoying your skyline, or come up to race someone which will matter more.

1. That your car is yellow - you will be able to see the bonnet as you drive, personally i dont look at my bonnet much.

2. Having more power - youll be able to accelerate faster, and enjoy your car more.  Much better than punching out of a corner and going "at least my roof looks nice"

HUSTLR

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2002, 01:29:13 PM »
New paint job - go for orange

skyliner33wa

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2002, 01:32:26 PM »
thanks for all the advise, it looks to me that most reckon respray would be better than engine swap to turbo, still thinking, and if i were to go yellow then of course it would be done properly and professionally, still though at least it has given me something to think about

thanks

kris

ADAMQ

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2002, 01:37:13 PM »
Go the whole hog get the turbo first then save and get it painted :homer:

thejackal

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2002, 03:21:52 PM »
hi kris. if you get any quotes on a new paintjob, if you don't mind could you please post up the prices.

i am thinking about painting mine which is currently wine red too. i want to paint the entire car including the engine bay.

Cheers

skyliner33wa

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2002, 03:38:30 PM »
thejackal, what colour did you want to paint it?

thejackal

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2002, 03:43:58 PM »
my first choice was yellow but now i'm thinking of orange...simliar to the supra colour in the fast and the furious

canman

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Turbo or Colour
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2002, 02:43:40 AM »
Go for paint..............just as someone's posted here that you can't see the body from the inside so it doesn't matter..............there's the other arguement that when you get up in the morning, walk into the garage and see the paint you'll kick yourself for not doing it.

These things are fun to drive anyhow without any mods..........they just get more fun as you mod them, but MHO is that you feel better about the whole car when it looks right.
Canman