Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Turbo or Colour  (Read 15158 times)

unfamilia

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2002, 02:53:08 AM »
Originally posted by thejackal
my first choice was yellow but now i'm thinking of orange...simliar to the supra colour in the fast and the furious

theres an orange r33 gtst at unique autosports at the moment - big turbo haltech ecu and **** apparently got 230kW @ rear wheels... looks hot! :)

Rowan

thejackal

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2002, 04:21:57 AM »
does anybody have any pics of the unique autosports orange skyline?

Zer0

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2002, 08:55:17 AM »
Depending on whether you do any work yourself the engine transplant would probably be a lot cheaper than a proper respray into a different colour.

To do a proper respray they need to strip the car completely, all the interior trims from the doors etc, take out the whole interior and spray inside the car as well so that it all matches, remove the engine and do the engine bay so it all matches as well.

You could probably do your engine transplant to a turbo engine and get a respray in the same colour for about the same price as spraying the car yellow properly.

I would certainly go with the respray in the same colour and the engine as you get more for your money and the car is still the right colour when you go to sell it.

Young GTR

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2002, 09:10:35 AM »
yellow is one of the fastest fading colours.  If you're gonna spend enough to respray it, think of a colour that will last like a darker one ie black, blue or charcoal?

skyliner33wa

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2002, 09:15:24 AM »
thanks for all the responses guys, but have decided against both, after looking at the situation and finding out that i could have got a turbo Series 2 skyline which i could have afforded, i am going to pay my car off and get a series 2 R33GTSt jan/feb next year,

I can not wait!!!

Kris

Young GTR

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2002, 09:36:53 AM »
Great choice!
I am getting one sooner or later, it keeps getting later, but I will be getting a spec 2 hopefully this year.

Top car, but I need to find specs on it somewhere

Silver-Arrowz

Turbo or Colour
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2002, 09:52:21 AM »
Get the best of both worlds! Give it a Ferrari red, as red cars go faster!!!!
:D :D :D