Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: R33 GTR V-SPEC question  (Read 1353 times)

trixta

R33 GTR V-SPEC question
« on: April 03, 2002, 11:03:49 AM »
Hi,

I am about to buy an R33 97 GTR V-SPEC and I have a question that no-one has been able to answer.

Is is true that if you modify the suspensions on a GTR V-Spec, you are disabling the active suspensions component of the V-Spec which makes it pretty much be like a standard GTR.  Apparently a friend of mine read this in a japanise maganize called  "GTR".

The key thing to look for was the buzzing noise at the rear (when you turn the car on) which goes for a few seconds.  If you don't hear the buzzing noise then the v-spec is disabled.

This GTR that I'm looking at has got HKS coilovers suspension on it instead of the original suspensions.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Madniz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: R33 GTR V-SPEC question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2002, 11:09:17 AM »
Originally posted by trixta
The key thing to look for was the buzzing noise at the rear (when you turn the car on) which goes for a few seconds.  If you don't hear the buzzing noise then the v-spec is disabled.

Hmmm, the buzzing noise can come from many different things, the most important one being the fuel pump!!

Hang on ... using that theory I must have a V Spec R32 GTS4!

Sweeeeeetah ... :D

Chris:dozey:
Duct Tape Death Match

r34 godzilr

R33 GTR V-SPEC question
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2002, 11:10:27 AM »
your friend can read japanese?
well not very well!
the buzzing sound is most likely the fuel pump.
the suspension is not active on any gtr, the rear diff is.
replacing the shocks and springs will not affect the active diff.
i should know my brother has a 95 v spec and i have a 95 std. gtr.
adam

trixta

R33 GTR V-SPEC question
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2002, 11:15:12 AM »
guys...forgot to mention that the noise only lasts for a few seconds when you turn the car on or when you stop the car after driving it a bit.

BTW....the magazine is also in english :D

Emre

R33 GTR V-SPEC question
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2002, 02:06:54 PM »
The buzzing sound is the atessa pump... comes on for a couple of seconds every now and then when you are idling.

I put HKS Hyper suspension in my car and its going good as gold.

brendonm

• Founder/Webmaster
  • SDU Member
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.skylinesdownunder.com
hydraulic pump
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2002, 02:57:52 PM »
yeah man, that's the pump just building up operating pressure when you turn the car on. The pump (or atleast the sump) in the R32 GTS4 is in the rear gaurd. You can access it via the boot.
I always thought it was the HICAS as when the liquid level is low your HICAS light can come on warning you of a low level. It is normally one of those things which should be checked if your light is on and you've checked everything else. (I could be wrong about the HICAS thing, perhaps it was the AETESSA, either way, that's what it is)

That's my morning routine:
Insert key + wait for pump noise to stop + start car....

but it certainly is'nt one that is GTR V Spec specific, more like Skyline four wheel drive specific...
Brendon Moses
Founder

Skylinesdownunder