Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: My D&T Exhaust  (Read 1579 times)

Joel

My D&T Exhaust
« on: April 04, 2002, 11:59:42 AM »
Here's The Exhaust I Got fitted from D&T Performance In Adelaide.

Its a 3" Mandrel Inc. High Flow Cat From The Turbo Back.

It has the rear muffler as you can see and a resonator half way under the car.

If ppls want me to i'll post more pics of the underneat of the car and the turbo dump. (Will have to wait until this weekend though)

Joel

My D&T Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2002, 12:01:01 PM »
As you can probably see if you viewed the file that I don't like the big exhaust tips that you can fit your head in.. Plus I want her to be a bit of a flat 13second quarter sleeper :D

Here's a front pic.

SlowGTS-t

My D&T Exhaust
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2002, 12:39:04 PM »
Do us a dyno run and show us a pic :)

zsky

My D&T Exhaust
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2002, 12:42:06 PM »
nice exhaust looks a bit like mine but i have a 4" dumper tip.

Joel

My D&T Exhaust
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2002, 12:57:29 PM »
I'm getting it dyno'd at the moment with a new clutch flywheel etc..

Also D&T do a before and after dyno but because the clutch was slipping with the exhaust they didn't bother they said bring it back when you have the clutch fixed and they will re-run it.

sgt.seb

My D&T Exhaust
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2002, 01:25:43 PM »
how does it sound :)

Joel

My D&T Exhaust
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2002, 02:12:38 AM »
For some strange reason it sounds louder in the drivers seat than the passengers seat.

In the Drivers seat it drones a little when you sit under 60km's in 5th but 60kms or over it doesn't drone at all.

What I really like about it is that it doesn't drone at all at high speeds. It has the nice crisp brrrrr noise when cruising if you know the noise i mean. The Brr is actually quite a grunty type of sound.

When driving I get boost from around 1700rpm and I can now sit in fifth up flagstaff hill drive (steep hill going from south road darlington) because she makes heaps off boost at 2500rpm.
In my old V8 VS Manual Commodore I was struggling to sit in 5th (70kms) up the same hill.

She sounds like a trucks turbo in the car the way she whistles away as soon as you hit just under 2000rpm.

I like it.. I find my self to keep up with traffic changing gears at around 2500rpm. Alot better drivability, fuel consumption appears to be a little worse but i've noticed she is running a little rich now, i'll find out i guess after i get her back today or tomorrow as she is getting tuned. (Fuel Pressure Reg Bleed)

Then again i do find my self booting it a lot more.
The Ol' V8 Auto's don't seem to catch me off guard as much off the line now if i'm not suspecting them to boot it.

Launching is another issue that i havn't got used to yet.. I find at 3000rpm launches she wheel spins up in first toooo much, I need wider tyres i think as no matter where it is she will wheel spin up in first even with the rear tyres having a pressure of 28psi.

I'm happy with it..
I didn't want an exhaust that was to lound and thats what I got.
I had my Fiancee drive it and I drove the ol' VN V6 behind her (God they are slow) I couldn't even her the thing with the windows up when she booted it.
Windows down and I can hear the grunty turbo 6 noise. Its not a lound rude noise but.

Minus the resonator and it is quite loud a little to loud and rude i think. I heard one on a R33 in their work shop but they had a 5" tip on the end.

hrmmm Long post.

sgt.seb

My D&T Exhaust
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2002, 08:54:16 AM »
sweet thanks for the info :)

this guy i know got a coby type muffler and just kept the rest of his exhaust standard...made the exhaust sound soo much nicer, almost like an old school v8..awesome.  

cant wait till i get my exhaust (my car is being converted to manual now woop!)