Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Tyres size?  (Read 22861 times)

Rich J

Tyres size?
« on: June 12, 2002, 02:45:48 AM »
At the mo I'm running 235/35/18 up front and 255/35/18 at the rear, I got new rears 2 months back but the bridgestones up front are now nearing there death soon!

Thing is 235 width works out more expensive than say if i was to change to 245 width as there is about a 120 difference between the pair? Would it be so drastic increase the width, would it only be heavy on steering due to the extra width or are there other pros and cons to consider?

Anyone know a good website as usually use http://www.mytyres.net , maybe someone is selling a pair of here on the cheap (He hopes, lol)

JasonO

Tyres size?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 04:07:33 AM »
Rich,

Have you seen this months EVO magazine ?

They have a really excellent tyre test feature, and you'll maybe want to consider something different from the Bridgestones.

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2002, 04:15:42 AM »
Hi Jason,

This is Laura, Rich's other half......dont give him ideas of buying tyres that will be toooo expensive :D  

Youre meant to say "no rich, stick with the tyre size you have, im sure remoulds will be ok":D

I dunno, next you'll have him fitting a gtr fuel pump wont ya ??:laugh:

Laura

JasonO

Tyres size?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 05:47:24 AM »
Oi, Laura, it's his Skyline, so leave off !!! :laugh:

Anyhow, I'd recomend Toyo's which are cheaper than Bridgestone's, and get an excellant write-up in the EVO feature, just don't know if they do them in that size.

JasonO

Tyres size?
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2002, 06:04:07 AM »
Rich,
Have you considered remoulds ? :laugh:

Just noticed that mytyres list a 235x40x18 Toyo, (not a remould), now I know the profile is up a bit, but I'm sure the rolling radius of both tyres is about the same. :idea:

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2002, 10:03:04 AM »
Yeah the proxis are the best choice at the mo for value and performance, would rather keep the profile the same around the car, and the only way of doing that is by going for the 245/35 profile?

What you reckon to drastic? I know the GTR boys run the same up front and when the 4wd isn't working on the GTR its near enough the same setup?

stuR32GTR

Tyres
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 10:16:06 AM »
Hi Guys,

I run 265x35x18 on my R32 and they are Bridgestone's!!
Will need some more very soon so may give the Toyo's a try!

Stu

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2002, 10:25:57 AM »
Originally posted by JasonO
Oi, Laura, it's his Skyline, so leave off !!! :laugh:

:o I'll get back to washing the dishes then !! :D

Laura !!

Draxx

Tyres size?
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2002, 07:08:34 PM »
TOYO PROXES T1-S are the best tyre in the world....

Dead Grippy and last a while too.....

Si

:king:

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2002, 08:32:38 PM »
Looks like the toyos will be the choice then.

Hello Draxx nice to see you here:homer: :D :homer:

Draxx

Tyres size?
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2002, 08:46:31 PM »
Hi Rich....

Seems a little less 'stuck up' than the GTr reg in UK.....

Lots of better smilies too:jack: :king: :dfinger: :headbutt:

SI

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2002, 08:53:04 PM »
I think some ppl feel better off here because its mostly gts/t owners so the advice is more on tap than GTR.

I think if we had GTR's, advice wouldn't be a problem but knowledge on the GTR forum about gts/t is a little more scarce.  

I only tend to come on here when I need advice or help that i can't get from GTR reg, also say hello to Jason as he seems to be on here more that GTR, lol

So si u going to the Jap day at Billing, camping and beer?:splat:

Draxx

Tyres size?
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2002, 08:57:30 PM »
Yes we are going , cant wait should be good, cant stay though as I HATE camping:splat:  and will not stay in a tent for anyone...:hawaii: :D

Think we are going onthe sunday, but not sure yet, moight even go both days.....you never know....

As for this site just been looking around, and you'll be right there mate, lots of GTS info.....:p

Si

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2002, 09:03:23 PM »
U won't camp, what sort of man r u!! Come on mate stay the night, sleep in the car!!;)

Draxx

Tyres size?
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2002, 09:06:55 PM »
Im 28 and been molecoddled for 28 of those years!!!!

I am a 5 star man, couldn't do it, and me wife aint to happy too either so .......

Thats it BLAME IT ON THE WIFE!!!!

:king:

Si