Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Attention: Read me first  (Read 11798 times)

Sami

Attention: Read me first
« on: October 01, 2002, 10:36:29 PM »
To keep this section free of insults and bashing, please keep in mind that I will be a far more strict moderator in the future. Few things I will pay special attention to:

1) If your only intend is to come here and criticize Motorex on their pricing, please try to find another place to do so. It is what it is and unless there is competition it won't change much. No need to cry it here.

2) If your intention is to come here and tell us there is another way to import a Skyline to US, please have hard facts available such as RI numbers and contact information.

3) If you want to ask what all possibilities there are to import a Skyline to US, please first read the earlier posts and if you don't find the information you're looking for, then ask but be specific in your questions.

4) If you have a question about pricing and availability, please contact Motorex.

5) If you're interested in buying a Skyline outside of US yourself and then have it modified by Motorex, please check the classifieds forum as I will move all selling/buying posts there. UNLESS the car/parts are already in US and are legally imported.

If you are a current Skyline owner, or in a process with Motorex on getting one, and you have the need to critizice, question or compliment their business methods/ethics, that is welcome here. What I want to get rid of is the same old Motorex bashing that is too familiar to us in here and other forums. We have a handful of GT-R owners here in the US already but no legit forum to get together. SDU guys were kind enough to give us our own section, please do not ruin it!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2002, 08:22:49 AM by Sami »

GT-R34

very good
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 09:22:02 AM »
you know i'm suprized that after you posted that people even post in the us forum any more

just saying that basically answers alot of peoples Q's i think that may be why i used to see tons of 11 year old kids come in here and suddenly they were all gone.

any ways thanks for all the good information so we all dont have to keep hearing the same stuff about motorex and there pricing

any how thanks:)

dj42

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 07:31:19 PM »
For Real.  I tried to go around them.  I made friends with an RI in florida and we called a guy he knew at the dot, and he said "If we see something come in that has anything to do with a skyline and it isn't form motorex, it is instantly turned away. Everyone in the dot know each other and understand how much motorex spent to legalize the skyline.  Because of that, nothing will pass without motorex doing it, or someone doing new crash tests."  then about 2 months later, Vernon at motorex said the same thing.  BTW vernon is a nice helpful guy and easy to deal with.
    I did talk to an RI that said they wanted to do the crash tests because they get at least 10 calls a day.  I think 99% are kids that can't afford it anyway.  the cost factor could go either way, but that RI would have to charge a lot at first to make up money from the crash test.  The only thing I would most likely save on is shipping.  I tried, now I am paying motorex.

SAPrez

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 04:25:42 PM »
The problem with MX is not the price, necessarily---I mean, it is higher than I would like, but a service is worth what you're willing to pay for it, right? For the car, I would spend it. It's all the other issues that seem to come up in my daily round of customer contacts which really worry people. Not getting a car for over a year. Not getting the car in the condition it was supposed to be in. Getting your rims and seats and everything else switched out. These are things that past customers have claimed to have happened. As far as I am concerned, it could all be people talking crap, but to hear the same thing over and over and over and over again, even if it was fiction, the repetition turns it into a reality after a while........So and so said he knew a guy whose uncle's best friend's dog's sister's owner's brother.....You know....

mB