Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: GTS-T Performance Modifications - HELP!  (Read 1512 times)

joeherde

GTS-T Performance Modifications - HELP!
« on: June 03, 2003, 12:18:23 PM »
Greetings all,

I am appealing to ALL YOU GEARHEADS OUT THERE FOR HELP!!

Here's the scenario:

I have a 1995 Skyline GTS-T (auto tranny) which is pretty much STOCK, except for an Apexi Powerflow Intake, 3" exhaust, and Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller running 11 pounds of boost (which is not working properly, and not keeping boost constant due to lack of a filter).

Last time I ran a quartermile, I did 14.5 seconds.

I want to make a SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT on my performance, and here's what I had in mind:

- Power Torque Converter with Shift Kit
- Front Mount Intercooler
- T3/T4 Turbo (with the required components)

What I basically need to know, is what else would I need to get, particularly to run that T3/T4 turbo HARD. Friends have been telling me about metal head gaskets, fuel pumps, oil coolers, etc.. etc. Can anyone out ther give me a hand with this?

I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS! HELP ME MAKE THE BADGE PROUD!

Joe

Ralf S

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 10:10:23 AM »
14.5 secs...for that kinda ride,u need help,there is something seriously wrong there,im a gear head ,but i dont know anything about Skylines yet (planning to buy one,)im still doing up my Eclipse though,
i hope u get help.
Please help this man.

How much horsepower one of those GTSt have anyway?
----> i am new to these cars,so please dont laugh.

JasonO

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 08:30:45 AM »
Joe,
You'd be best asking this sort of question in the Technical / Performance forum rather than Europe.......

That said, to better your time, you'll be looking at adding Iridium Plugs, Programable ECU, Boost Control, FMIC, Lowered Compression Ratio (head gasket?), bigger Injectors and a whole load of other stuff.

Just depends how hard you want to go.

From stock, your car will be making about 250bhp, which can easily see 300 with the right mods.