Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: From Sean Morris about Omega Skylines  (Read 40218 times)

Sami

From Sean Morris about Omega Skylines
« on: July 14, 2003, 06:44:33 AM »
I get a call today from a guy with a 1994 R33 GTS that is in Canada.

Canadian customs will not release the vehicle - as the Skylines are not legal in Canada. The only thing they will allow him to do is send the vehicle onto another destination.

He was asking about 6-12 months to import the vehicle , etc.

More lies and mis-information from the Omega Skylines site...

Welcome to the world of - dont pay any attention to what I have being saying and reciting for years.

This guy has a car in Canada , that he can not do anything with. His choices are to import it into the US and pay MotoRex $16,000 to legalize it , or export it back to Japan.

I am pretty sure that this guy was just trying to get around the rules - read the false information and now is screwed....

Think about this when you go and advise people on importation information.

A good place to start is the DOT website at http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov.

(202)366-5291 Office of Safety and Compliance.

Talk to them before you buy any cars off idiots on the internet...

http://www.rbmotoring.com
http://www.streetlegalskylines.com
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 09:56:37 PM by firedawgstew »

scourge

Speed53 is a fraud
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 06:01:24 PM »
I think this should be a sticky.

They have no product. They have no shop. They have no business phone, but rather only a cell phone. They use cars they do not own and without permission from those who do own the cars to advertise their business. They refuse to answer direct questions. I could go on but I think its obvious that they are simply a fraud with a snazzier website than Omega. Be forewarned.

scourge

Merged thread about scam enterprises
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 03:42:15 AM »
Well, I got banned from their website after I posted in a thread from someone asking if they could come see their shop. Fraud53 responded that they were only an online company. Here is the exact thing I posted.

So, what you are saying is that you have no product to show? You have no location for people to visit to check you out? You have no tangible evidence that you can do what you claim you can do? You have no phone number other than a cell phone number? If you can answer these questions with a positive, this will go a long way in establishing your credibility...something that a reputable business would be most willing to cement to ensure survival.

When I went to check for a reply, I was banned permenantly. This is quite telling when a supposedly legitimate company refuses to answer direct questions about the nature of their existence. I don't see how Sami could disagree.

SKYLINESrule

J's Garage? Are they for real?
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 11:04:43 AM »
http://www.j-garage.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are in the US :

This is information from Fuel Imports for importing the JDM car into the US. As you know, all the Japanese specifications vehicle (JDM cars) is a Right Hand Drive model. Because you have to modify the car in order to meet the US standard, it is difficult to import the JDM car into the US at present. And, we are sorry to say that we J's Garage Export are unable to support the importing procedure of the US. If you would consider to import the JDM car into the US, please feel free to get in touch with the Fuel Imports.
note : We J's Garage Export do not support any import procedure. The buyer is responsible for any necessary procedures, or any transfers, or any modifications for them to import the car.

FUEL IMPORTS, LLC : Here you can find everything about the importing procedure of JDM cars. And we would be happy to support your importing procedure of the JDM cars, if you are considering to import the JDM car into the US. We can help your importing the JDM car. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
The importing cost depends on factors, but generally
R32 Skyline GTR  1990-1994 : $12,500USD
R33 Skyline GTR 1995 : $15,500USD
R33 Skyline GTR 1996-1998 : $21,500USD
R34 Skyline GTR 1999-2003 :  $21,500USD

Note: These prices include shipping, conversion, federal taxes, bonds, lading.  Shipping included to Port of Elizabeth in New Jersey where conversions are done.  

Also, if you consider to import other JDM car, please feel free to contact us.

Fuel Imports, LLC
813-393-6280
813-393-6281
FuelImports@aol.com "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whats that all about?
Is this more BS?
It looks like they are a ligitimate Japanese car importer, but i don't believe their info on legalizing Skylines is true. I guess they're saying "Fuel Imports" legalizes the cars.

YumGTR

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 02:34:39 PM »
fuel imports is not a RI or ICI. check the list here:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/web_RI_list07252003.html

a friend of mine in NZ trying to sell an R32 on ebay was approached by them and given the same shpeel. they even gave him a photo of a maroon r33 that they have done. i call BS.

fuel imports, if you are a legitimate entity and have successfully converted *ANY* skyline to US DOT/NHTSA and EPA specs, and can prove this by providing the VIN of any single car you have done for verification with NHTSA and EPA, then make it known here.

i swear, if this is another speed53 or omega skylines type organization with nothing but hype and false promises, someone should be shot...

so Fuel Imports (cough, speed53, cough omega skylines, cough...) step up to the plate, and prove you are legit or quit trying to scam innocent people by your false advertising.

YumGTR

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2003, 03:07:18 PM »
i just had this conversation with him:

Fuel Imports: Yes we do.  How soon are you looking to purchase one?
TrevCobb983: I already have one purchased. Is that a problem?
Fuel Imports: No, not at all.  Is it here in the US?
TrevCobb983: yes, imported on the bond of another RI that did not do a lick of work to the car in the 4 months they had it. it has been confiscated from them, and I understand from NHTSA that I must now find another RI to have do the work for me to the car.
Fuel Imports: Where is the vehicle located right now?
TrevCobb983: In storage here in Utah.
TrevCobb983: all the customs paperwork and everything was done 100% legit, i was just made some false promises by the RI I chose here in Utah who said they could for sure legalize the car for me, and they couldn't.
Fuel Imports: Ok, can you ship it to NJ to our facility that does the conversions?
TrevCobb983: no problem
TrevCobb983: what is your price for a 1990 GT-R
TrevCobb983: ?
Fuel Imports: How soon are you looking to do this?
TrevCobb983: immediately
Fuel Imports: $11,500.00 USD
TrevCobb983: I haven't heard of any RI's other than Motorex that have successfully converted a Skyline to DOT and EPA standards.
TrevCobb983: Is Fuel Imports an RI?
Fuel Imports: The technician that we have working on vehicles in NJ is registered by the EPA to do such work on vehicles.
TrevCobb983: What I need, according to NHTSA safety and compliance division, is a contract from another RI saying they agree to do the work to legalize my car, and then NHTSA will have the bond transferred from the RI I used initially to the new RI.
Fuel Imports: What RI did you use prior to this?
TrevCobb983: Interlink Imports
TrevCobb983: Murray, Utah
Fuel Imports: Never heard of them.
TrevCobb983: They are on the list of NHTSA approved RI's.
TrevCobb983: I don't see Fuel Imports on the list. Do you subcontract to an RI there in NJ for the work?
Fuel Imports: The technician that is at our facility is an RI and we will be able to accomodate you through him.
TrevCobb983: That's great. How exciting.
TrevCobb983: How many skylines have you guys done successfully?
Fuel Imports: Please provide us with your phone number and name as it appears on your driver's liscense
TrevCobb983:  ***-***-****, Trevor Cobb
TrevCobb983: what is that for?
Fuel Imports: Ok Trevor, do you have access to a fax machine?
TrevCobb983: To fax you something, or for me to receive a fax from you?
Fuel Imports: To fax the original Bill of Lading over to us.
TrevCobb983: The shipping bill from Japan?
TrevCobb983: I have copies of all the customs paperwork that has been filed on the car.
Fuel Imports: Upon receiving this, we can have our legal department draft a contract for this transaction and fax it over to you.
Fuel Imports: We need all of the paperwork faxed over to us.  Give us all you have for it.
TrevCobb983: Okay, I will be happy to do so. I would like to verify with my contact at NHTSA and EPA that you guys are legit. If you could provide the name of the tech that does the work for you so I can call NHTSA and verify, or the VIN of a Skyline you have successfully converted, I would much appreciate it. Once I have confirmed with NHTSA and EPA that you have successfully done other Skylines, and that you will be successful with my car, then I will fax you whatever documentation you need from me and sign a contract.
TrevCobb983: Hello?
Fuel Imports: Due to the privacy act we are unable to provide you with the VIN of any vehicle that has been converted including skylines, nor can we provide you with the information on our technician that is registered through the EPA to perform the work on these vehicles as we have exclusive rights to the use of his facilities.  We regret to inform you that we are unable to do this for you........
TrevCobb983: Do you have any alternative ideas on what I can do to confirm that your company is legit and that you won't steal my money and/or take my car then not be able to legalize it?
Fuel Imports: with a legal binding contract from us, not only does it include a money back guarantee, but we only require 50% of the transaction price upfront and 50% upon completion.
TrevCobb983: No offense, I just don't know you guys.
Fuel Imports: Where did you hear about us?
TrevCobb983: Yeah, that's still $5k+ USD up front to a company I've never heard of, nor can I verify is legit. Do you have any references I could call? I heard about you on the jgarage web site.
Fuel Imports: Ok, we are the authorized import/conversion company for J's Garage.  Send an Email to Yosi at J's Garage and inquire about us.
TrevCobb983: He has sent a Skyline your way that you have successfully converted? His web site has a big disclaimer above the info for your company saying they do not support any import procedure, and the buyer is fully responsible in the end for everything.
Fuel Imports: We also work directly and on a daily basis with Unreal Imports, based out of Australia and the UK and you may feel free to contact them as well.
TrevCobb983: What about U.S. based customers?
Fuel Imports: Yosi has the disclaimer there for J's Garage only, that is why when you click on US link on his site, it refers you directly to Fuel Imports, LLC.
Fuel Imports: You may check on sunbiz.org to see that we are infact registered as an LLC in the state of Florida.
TrevCobb983: Okay, then can I have your business Tax ID # and address to verify with the BBB in NJ and Florida?
TrevCobb983: I have got to leave now for my World Civilization class to take a test, but if you can provide me one or two other references in the U.S. to verify what you are telling me is true, then please email them to me at trevor@tc2online.com and I will speak with you about this matter later. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 05:24:14 AM by YumGTR »

scourge

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2003, 05:35:40 PM »
scam.....obvious. I'm so tired of people full of ****. I'm getting an M30 in the US. Too much bull**** with the GTR. Going to swap in an SR20. Not as fast as a GTR, but less hassle though.

YumGTR

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2003, 08:03:36 PM »
latest part of my continued conversation with them... IMO, definitely scammers, although they have piqued my curiosity about who in the hell this "technician" is and what affiliation he has (if any) with an RI and/or ICI.

Fuel Imports: You asked about an escrow account. My thought on the matter is this, why don't you just keep my car until I've paid you for the work (and charge only a small amount up front as a retainer), and then if I don't pay you for the work, put a mechanic's lien on my car and sell it to whoever you'd like.
Fuel Imports: this might work out
TrevCobb983: you see what i mean then?
Fuel Imports: yes, i just spoke to my supervisor about this idea
TrevCobb983: so no money up front?
Fuel Imports: A small retainer, what is the max you could put down.  I will tell my supervisor, and see if it is ok or not.
TrevCobb983: Let me put some thought to it and get back to you.
Fuel Imports: Ok, no problem.  We do accept credit cards also.  For the retainer.
TrevCobb983: Well, that's good that you guys can be flexible on that.
Fuel Imports: We try!  You may be able to put the entire transaction on a credit card.  I could check for you.  Normally we sell vehicles and conversions, but since this is just a conversion, there may be an acception.
Fuel Imports: Would you like me to find out if it is feasible to put the entire transaction on a credit card?
TrevCobb983: the whole $11,500?
Fuel Imports: Sure, if that is better for you.
TrevCobb983: i wouldn't need to do that, just pay you a certain amount up front on a card, and then when the car is done and you have it registered for me you i can get a loan and pay you off with that money.
Fuel Imports: Not that it would have to be all at once either
Fuel Imports: Would you be able to do half on the card?  That way we don't have to try coming up with the special way of expediting this like you had mentioned.  It could be done as half now, half upon completion and no mechanics lien.
TrevCobb983: okay, well i'll put some thought to it and let you know. i really would like to speak with one or more of your customers that has purchased a car from you and/or purchased a conversion from you.
Fuel Imports: Again, due to the privacy act, unfortunately we are unable to do that.  We do have the money back guarantee in the contract for you though.
TrevCobb983: What privacy act are you talking about? i don't know a business out there that wouldn't be happy to provide the names of some of their customers as a reference. You saying that makes it seem like you have something to hide, and that concerns me.
TrevCobb983: Omega Skylines and Speed53.com both say that same exact thing, that "that information is confidential" and that it violates their "non-disclosure agreements"
TrevCobb983: they both turned out to be nothing but big scams.
Fuel Imports: We will not disclose anything about our customers.  We will not disclose anything about you either.
Fuel Imports: Look us up on Sunbiz.org to see that we are incorporated
TrevCobb983: i can be incorporated if i wanted to, that doesn't mean too much. not trying to insult you.
TrevCobb983: Then at least send me a copy of a bond release that you have obtained from NHTSA and EPA for a Skyline with half the VIN and any personal info blacked out.
TrevCobb983: surely you can do that. it wouldn't violate this privacy act you speak of, and it would show me that you are legit.
Fuel Imports: I just checked with my supervisor, and even that would violate the privacy act.
TrevCobb983: Explain to me how that would violate any privacy act if there is no private information disclosed?
TrevCobb983: again, you understand how it would seem that you are trying to hide something.
Fuel Imports: To check references for us.  Contact Yosi at J's Garage and Joe at Unreal Imports.  Surely that would solidify this for you as they refer people to us on a daily basis for this same service we are speaking of.  We are the only company that they refer people to when they want to convert a JDM vehicle here in the US.
TrevCobb983: But they have never used your services themselves.
TrevCobb983: they only JDM vehicle that can be converted is the Skyline per the NHTSA eligibility list.
Fuel Imports: This is the policy and there is no getting around it.  If hearing from two suppliers of these vehicles is not good enough for you, then why has it been for other customers.  Our contract should be enough to put you at ease.  You can take legal action since we are infact incorporated in the US.
TrevCobb983: and if i give you any money, and you and your company disappear, i am screwed. you can't sue a company that doesn't have any assets.
Fuel Imports: We could send you a copy of a bill of lading for a skyline
Fuel Imports: would that suffice?
TrevCobb983: a bill of lading is just a shipping record
TrevCobb983: I would need to see documentation from the US gov't stating that a car you have done work on has been certified as DOT and EPA compliant. black out the VIN for the car. Black out any confidential info.
TrevCobb983: I'm just asking you to prove your claim that you can legalize a skyline to DOT and EPA standards. I am the potential customer, and if it can't be proved to my satisfaction then I can't be a customer, I'm sorry. I feel comfortable making financial arrangements with you as we have discussed, but my concerns must be addressed before I enter into any business deal with you.
Fuel Imports: Since you would be putting the initial amount on your credit card, IF we scammed you, you could report that as a claim to your CC company and their insurance would cover you for your LOSSES.
Fuel Imports: The documents you speak of are not posessed by Fuel Imports, LLC, but in the posession of the technician that is registered by the EPA to perform the conversions.
TrevCobb983: By law it must be an RI and an ICI that perform the modifications to legalize a non-conforming car, and the EPA certification and testing must be performed by an ICI. A single technician working solo would not be qualified to do such work and certification to a Skyline or any other non-conforming car for that matter. Your tech would have to do that work in conjunction with a registered importer who would sign off on the matter to DOT/NHTSA and EPA.
Fuel Imports: We could request that this information be released to us, but in the past, due to the Privacy Act, the technician has not released such information.
TrevCobb983: See what you can do for me to help appease my concerns, and we can definitely do business. And if we do one car together, I will have you do many more for me in the years to come, and I will refer many people to you.
Fuel Imports: The technician that we speak of is the one who is in charge of the shop where the vehicles are converted and like I said, is registered by the EPA to do such work and has converted around 2 dozen skylines in the years that he has been doing this.  This I assure you, but as for the information, I will do what I can for you.
Fuel Imports: We at Fuel Imports, LLC do not need your business in any way...
Fuel Imports: We VALUE it!
TrevCobb983: Dude, are you using Sean Morris or any other former M-rex employee?
TrevCobb983: dozens of skylines = motorex
Fuel Imports: We get asked that question quite often, but no we do not use Sean or former MX emply
Fuel Imports: our guy has been doing this for 10 years
TrevCobb983: skylines have only been on the eligibility list since 1998
Fuel Imports: Longer than Motorex has even been in business
Fuel Imports: correct, he has been converting vehicles in general and registered with the EPA for 10 years
TrevCobb983: heh, okay. well do some brainstorming on ways you can help me feel better about the situation, and what info you could give me to help prove you guys are legit, and we'll see where this can go.
Fuel Imports: We have pretty much given all of the information that we can.  If you are still interested in doing business with us, let us know.  We have too many other clients interested in our services at this time to focus our time on trying to obtain information by bending the rules of the Privacy Act for the benefit of one client.
Fuel Imports: Again we do not NEED your business, we VALUE it.
TrevCobb983: Okay, well I'm sorry to hear that. It appears we will not be able to do business then. I just hope if you guys are scammers that you don't get away with stealing too many people's money before you get busted. If you're legit, then best of luck to you.
Fuel Imports: I do not like the implication that we may be scammers, do more homework on us and come back when you are comfortable with our company and its reputation.
TrevCobb983: You aren't providing any means for me to do the research or homework I'd like to do. Don't take things the wrong way, I'm just saying there's only two possibilities as far as your company is concerned. You either can do skylines and you have done so before. Or you can't do skylines, and you haven't done any before and you are scamming people. I hope it's the former, but because you aren't giving me any proof otherwise, I fear the worst.
TrevCobb983: I hope you understand.

YumGTR

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 08:27:23 PM »
sorry guys, I guess this is turning into a novel... if you can stomach reading any more of this, you might find it interesting. i am in fact going to email this entire conversation to Clint Lindsay with NHTSA tomorrow to get his take on the matter.

Fuel Imports: You asked about an escrow account. My thought on the matter is this, why don't you just keep my car until I've paid you for the work (and charge only a small amount up front as a retainer), and then if I don't pay you for the work, put a mechanic's lien on my car and sell it to whoever you'd like.
Fuel Imports: this might work out
TrevCobb983: you see what i mean then?
Fuel Imports: yes, i just spoke to my supervisor about this idea
TrevCobb983: so no money up front?
Fuel Imports: A small retainer, what is the max you could put down.  I will tell my supervisor, and see if it is ok or not.
TrevCobb983: Let me put some thought to it and get back to you.
Fuel Imports: Ok, no problem.  We do accept credit cards also.  For the retainer.
TrevCobb983: Well, that's good that you guys can be flexible on that.
Fuel Imports: We try!  You may be able to put the entire transaction on a credit card.  I could check for you.  Normally we sell vehicles and conversions, but since this is just a conversion, there may be an acception.
Fuel Imports: Would you like me to find out if it is feasible to put the entire transaction on a credit card?
TrevCobb983: the whole $11,500?
Fuel Imports: Sure, if that is better for you.
TrevCobb983: i wouldn't need to do that, just pay you a certain amount up front on a card, and then when the car is done and you have it registered for me you i can get a loan and pay you off with that money.
Fuel Imports: Not that it would have to be all at once either
Fuel Imports: Would you be able to do half on the card?  That way we don't have to try coming up with the special way of expediting this like you had mentioned.  It could be done as half now, half upon completion and no mechanics lien.
TrevCobb983: okay, well i'll put some thought to it and let you know. i really would like to speak with one or more of your customers that has purchased a car from you and/or purchased a conversion from you.
Fuel Imports: Again, due to the privacy act, unfortunately we are unable to do that.  We do have the money back guarantee in the contract for you though.
TrevCobb983: What privacy act are you talking about? i don't know a business out there that wouldn't be happy to provide the names of some of their customers as a reference. You saying that makes it seem like you have something to hide, and that concerns me.
TrevCobb983: Omega Skylines and Speed53.com both say that same exact thing, that "that information is confidential" and that it violates their "non-disclosure agreements"
TrevCobb983: they both turned out to be nothing but big scams.
Fuel Imports: We will not disclose anything about our customers.  We will not disclose anything about you either.
Fuel Imports: Look us up on Sunbiz.org to see that we are incorporated
TrevCobb983: i can be incorporated if i wanted to, that doesn't mean too much. not trying to insult you.
TrevCobb983: Then at least send me a copy of a bond release that you have obtained from NHTSA and EPA for a Skyline with half the VIN and any personal info blacked out.
TrevCobb983: surely you can do that. it wouldn't violate this privacy act you speak of, and it would show me that you are legit.
Fuel Imports: I just checked with my supervisor, and even that would violate the privacy act.
TrevCobb983: Explain to me how that would violate any privacy act if there is no private information disclosed?
TrevCobb983: again, you understand how it would seem that you are trying to hide something.
Fuel Imports: To check references for us.  Contact Yosi at J's Garage and Joe at Unreal Imports.  Surely that would solidify this for you as they refer people to us on a daily basis for this same service we are speaking of.  We are the only company that they refer people to when they want to convert a JDM vehicle here in the US.
TrevCobb983: But they have never used your services themselves.
TrevCobb983: they only JDM vehicle that can be converted is the Skyline per the NHTSA eligibility list.
Fuel Imports: This is the policy and there is no getting around it.  If hearing from two suppliers of these vehicles is not good enough for you, then why has it been for other customers.  Our contract should be enough to put you at ease.  You can take legal action since we are infact incorporated in the US.
TrevCobb983: and if i give you any money, and you and your company disappear, i am screwed. you can't sue a company that doesn't have any assets.
Fuel Imports: We could send you a copy of a bill of lading for a skyline
Fuel Imports: would that suffice?
TrevCobb983: a bill of lading is just a shipping record
TrevCobb983: I would need to see documentation from the US gov't stating that a car you have done work on has been certified as DOT and EPA compliant. black out the VIN for the car. Black out any confidential info.
TrevCobb983: I'm just asking you to prove your claim that you can legalize a skyline to DOT and EPA standards. I am the potential customer, and if it can't be proved to my satisfaction then I can't be a customer, I'm sorry. I feel comfortable making financial arrangements with you as we have discussed, but my concerns must be addressed before I enter into any business deal with you.
Fuel Imports: Since you would be putting the initial amount on your credit card, IF we scammed you, you could report that as a claim to your CC company and their insurance would cover you for your LOSSES.
Fuel Imports: The documents you speak of are not posessed by Fuel Imports, LLC, but in the posession of the technician that is registered by the EPA to perform the conversions.
TrevCobb983: By law it must be an RI and an ICI that perform the modifications to legalize a non-conforming car, and the EPA certification and testing must be performed by an ICI. A single technician working solo would not be qualified to do such work and certification to a Skyline or any other non-conforming car for that matter. Your tech would have to do that work in conjunction with a registered importer who would sign off on the matter to DOT/NHTSA and EPA.
Fuel Imports: We could request that this information be released to us, but in the past, due to the Privacy Act, the technician has not released such information.
TrevCobb983: See what you can do for me to help appease my concerns, and we can definitely do business. And if we do one car together, I will have you do many more for me in the years to come, and I will refer many people to you.
Fuel Imports: The technician that we speak of is the one who is in charge of the shop where the vehicles are converted and like I said, is registered by the EPA to do such work and has converted around 2 dozen skylines in the years that he has been doing this.  This I assure you, but as for the information, I will do what I can for you.
Fuel Imports: We at Fuel Imports, LLC do not need your business in any way...
Fuel Imports: We VALUE it!
TrevCobb983: Dude, are you using Sean Morris or any other former M-rex employee?
TrevCobb983: dozens of skylines = motorex
Fuel Imports: We get asked that question quite often, but no we do not use Sean or former MX emply
Fuel Imports: our guy has been doing this for 10 years
TrevCobb983: skylines have only been on the eligibility list since 1998
Fuel Imports: Longer than Motorex has even been in business
Fuel Imports: correct, he has been converting vehicles in general and registered with the EPA for 10 years
TrevCobb983: heh, okay. well do some brainstorming on ways you can help me feel better about the situation, and what info you could give me to help prove you guys are legit, and we'll see where this can go.
Fuel Imports: We have pretty much given all of the information that we can.  If you are still interested in doing business with us, let us know.  We have too many other clients interested in our services at this time to focus our time on trying to obtain information by bending the rules of the Privacy Act for the benefit of one client.
Fuel Imports: Again we do not NEED your business, we VALUE it.
TrevCobb983: Okay, well I'm sorry to hear that. It appears we will not be able to do business then. I just hope if you guys are scammers that you don't get away with stealing too many people's money before you get busted. If you're legit, then best of luck to you.
Fuel Imports: I do not like the implication that we may be scammers, do more homework on us and come back when you are comfortable with our company and its reputation.
TrevCobb983: You aren't providing any means for me to do the research or homework I'd like to do. Don't take things the wrong way, I'm just saying there's only two possibilities as far as your company is concerned. You either can do skylines and you have done so before. Or you can't do skylines, and you haven't done any before and you are scamming people. I hope it's the former, but because you aren't giving me any proof otherwise, I fear the worst.
TrevCobb983: I hope you understand.
TrevCobb983: Thanks for taking the time to speak with me.
Fuel Imports: If we were scamming people, then why are you the first to have a problem like this for comitting to our services?

Why on earth would JDM exporters like J's Garage and Unreal Imports keep referring clients to us?
TrevCobb983: because it helps them to make money by selling cars to people by making them think there's a cheap easy way to make them legal. what other types of cars have you legalized?
Fuel Imports: Seems pretty obvious to me.  There is no way they would refer clients to us if we were infact a shady company.
TrevCobb983: I'm glad things are obvious and clear to you. They aren't for me, I'm sorry. What other types of cars have you done?
Fuel Imports: What you just said, makes no sense.
Fuel Imports: CRX Delsol
Fuel Imports: RX7
Fuel Imports: Integra Type R
TrevCobb983: all RHD?
Fuel Imports: yes
TrevCobb983: then i know for sure that you aren't federally legalizing them. none of those cars are on the NHTSA eligibility list.
Fuel Imports: They all have a US supply here in the states
TrevCobb983: The only RHD car on the list is the Skyline.
Fuel Imports: That list is only for vehicles not available in the US.
Fuel Imports: Doesn't matter RHD or LHD
TrevCobb983: nope, that's for any car not originally manufactured to conform to US safety and emissions standards.
TrevCobb983: trust me, I've spoken with NHTSA about doing an Integra Type R. without petitioning it on to the eligibility list and crashtesting the JDM version, it is illegal to import.
TrevCobb983: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/
Fuel Imports: OBD2 is only required on vehicles 1996 and newer
TrevCobb983: i have definitely done my homework. if you haven't read the info at that site, I recommend you do.
TrevCobb983: If NHTSA knew you had facilitated the importation and registration of non-conforming cars not on the eligibility list you could face serious federal charges (federal law was broken), and those cars you sold to customers would be confiscated from them and either crushed or exported. NHTSA does not mess around.
TrevCobb983: maybe you've successfully registered some RHD cars in Florida. that does not mean they are federally legal.
Fuel Imports: They are personal articles and can legally be brought into the US per Federal Law!!!
Fuel Imports: Do your homework on the Personal Articles Clause.
TrevCobb983: Show me.
Fuel Imports: How do you think military personnel have brought vehicles into this country from being staitioned overseas for years.  Do you think they scam and sneak them in?  No, the federal government has provided them with these laws of Personal Articles to protect them and benefit them.
TrevCobb983: actually, i know many people in the military who have the ability to have their cars shipped to the US for them by the military, but for anything other than 1 year temporary use of a non-conforming vehicle, they have to pay to have the vehicle converted to US safety and emissions standards, and that is only possible if it is on the vehicle eligibility list.
TrevCobb983: I'll tell you what I'll do for you. If you'd like me to, I will be happy to submit our conversation for review via email by Clint Lindsay who is in the NHTSA safety and compliance office. if he verifies what you're telling me is true, and he isn't interested in having federal charges brought against Fuel Imports for facilitating the importation of non-conforming vehicles, then maybe we can work something out after all.
Fuel Imports: I do not intend to get into a contest of who knows what.  I work the night shift as an online consultant for Fuel Imports and am sure that, since you have done your homework, you will know far more than me.  
TrevCobb983: Take for example the problem of importing European and JDM Lancer Evo 8's into the country. Right now there is a petition on file with NHTSA to allow the importation of LHD Euro Evo 8's, and Mitsubishi USA is fighting it tooth and nail because the US model and the Euro model have many major differences, and the Euro model does not meet US safety standards, nor is it easily converted to meet US safety standards. Go to: http://dms.dot.gov and do a simple search for Docket # 15470 and you will see what i'm talking about.
TrevCobb983: I will ask Clint what he thinks about our conversation, and if he gives me the thumbs up on doing business with you, then I will pursue a business relationship with you.
Fuel Imports: That is not a decision that I can make on behalf of this organization.  Again, if you would like to do some homework on the Personal Articles Clause, feel free to do so.  Contact us if and when you are ready to go forward with this transacation.
TrevCobb983: Okay, will do. Thanks!
Fuel Imports: Again, I appreciate your time, we do not need your business however, we value it, so please let us know when you are ready to go forward with our services.
TrevCobb983: Yep.

Kevin D

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2003, 03:24:42 AM »
J's-Garage and Yosi are a ligitimate business in Japan as I have done business with him for years.  Fuel Imports on the other hand.....well.....I will just keep quiet.....

scourge

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2003, 05:19:02 AM »
I wont. ANY company who is not willing to let you know who you are doing business with is fraudlent in some way. They want you to give them money yet not ask any questions. Riiiiiiight. Con men.

tyndago

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2003, 05:32:11 AM »
Whoever you are talking to..... well the big  "NO DONT DO IT"  to me is they guy keeps saying his specialist that is registered with the EPA.

The DOT doesnt really care about the EPA . The EPA doesnt really care about the DOT .

So you are asking about the NHTSA , and he keeps coming back with EPA .  Thats like asking about Skylines - and he is saying the weathers nice...... two different conversations... two different government agencies .  

You can be an RI and not be registered with the EPA .  You can be an ICI and not be an RI.   You are not required to be both.

But if you are an RI you need to contract with an ICI in order to import the vehicle.

SkylineGTR_guy

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2003, 10:30:15 AM »
Nice find. I was actually looking at J's garage for a R34 they have. Is it possible to purchase from j's and go through motorex? (or RBmotoring, They recently became RI's and are working on their first skyline)

Kevin D

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2003, 02:05:37 PM »
Yes, it is.  Very easy to do - and very cost effective.....