Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: R34 Gtr Vspec Ii  (Read 2497 times)

Mr.Owl

R34 Gtr Vspec Ii
« on: September 03, 2004, 09:01:30 PM »
I might move to Japan soon, I don't know where, but my dad might go teach english at a school there and I was just wondering the average price of an r34 GTR VSPEC II?

Forsteen

R34 Gtr Vspec Ii
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »
You are probably looking at around 50 grand new.  Cars are cheaper on mainland Japan than here in Okinawa.

If you have experience in high powered cars you should be good, but if you are going from a honda civic to a gtr I'd advise against it.  Plus mainland Japan isn't the most spacious place to be.

Here is one problem.  In Japan it isn't a law requirement for the Japanese to have auto insurance.  I know, some Japanese guy hit my back end in June and he had no insurance, plus he hit and ran me.  Lucky for me I got his liscence plate number.

He eventually turned himself in.  Anyway there wasn't alot of damage, I'd say light to moderate and it cost him almost 1200 bucks to get it fixed.  And this is on a 1990 R32 GTS-t.

Start small i.e. S13 Silvia, R32 or R33 single turbine skyline first that way you can get used to it.  Also driving on the left hand side throws you off too.

Mr.Owl

R34 Gtr Vspec Ii
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 08:51:47 PM »
Thanks, that helps, but maybe this is a stupid question but what defines mainland japan?

Forsteen

R34 Gtr Vspec Ii
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 10:07:22 PM »
mainland Japan is the three islands of Japan.  Since those of us that live in Okinawa mainland Japan is Japan.  Japan took over Okinawa in the late 1800's.

Lochy25t

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
R34 Gtr Vspec Ii
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 06:17:10 PM »
What about Shikoku! :(

Depending where you end up a smaller car might be an idea.

Lochy :karate:

yukz2daizzo

R34 Gtr Vspec Ii
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 01:38:44 AM »
i say if you have the money for the 34 gt-r then go for it. its your dreams and no one can stop u from achieving this. i got my bnr32 for 8 grand (us dollars). 34's cheapest one that i have seen goes for 30 the standard one, then the most expensive of course is a nur spec which comes about 70-80~.  i went from owning a honda accord to a gt-r and i seem to be handling it very well. when it comes to the engine, yes there is a big difference. a honda which u can change the oil blindfolded but with an rb26dett you have to look for the oil filter and wish that your hands get smaller so it can fit the tiny space that nissan's provide you. about driving here, no one can tell you how it is until u try it yourself. this is my experience though, dont quote me on anything i say here. you just have to see it to know what were talking about i guess.

okinawa, its like hawaii, hawaiians call the rest of the states mainland.