Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: 10 extra HP for all  (Read 1993 times)

ph1

10 extra HP for all
« on: June 10, 2001, 03:29:34 AM »
WDRacing
(6/7/01 2:19:05 am)
Reply  10 extra HP for all
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Your not actually gaining HP but I know 99% of the guys on here will benefit from this. First go and replace all your vacuum lines around your intake. Tighten up your throttle cable. Get rid of the smog can in front of the air box. Cap the lines to the intake. The valve cover vents need to be blocked on one side. Have a tube connect the 2 vents together then empty into a container of choice. Plug the tube that went to your intake in front of the turbo. Rem the pcv valve and plug the hole. This will eliminate alot of the oil going into your I/C piping. When you install your new vacuum tubing use a drop of super glue and a tie strap. I just performed this on my car. Well most of it was done already but the lines are new. I could definatly notice a difference in idle and response. Your not actually gaining HP but your giving yourself back the Hp you've been missing or making up for with other mods.

I'll explain more if anyone needs me to go into greater detail.

WDR

forsteen
(6/7/01 2:24:24 am)
Reply  Re: 10 extra HP for all
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 We don't sleep do we? hehe.

Yeah, I would like to know more since I'm not that much of a car person at the moment, but trying to be really hard. Got to soak up all this like a sponge kinda hurts the brain.

Forsteen

Hey!! Where are my pants!!??

WDRacing
(6/7/01 5:48:39 pm)
 Sleep when your dead............

turbomad
(6/7/01 11:08:57 pm)
Community Supporter
 Re: 10 extra HP for all
 No PCV valve and venting rocker to atmosphere, spells canary or big fine if the EPA get you. (AUS anyway)

WDRacing
(6/7/01 11:18:11 pm)
 Ahh...No EPA here. Not much of anything to worry about along those lines. You could always restore the pcv valve and Valve vents to stock during inspection time. Not to much trouble.

WDR

xvenomousx
(6/8/01 2:00:51 am)
 yeh ain't kiwiland a wonderful place...

Blaup
Melbourne Ozzy Admin
(6/8/01 2:29:23 am)
 Venting rocker is an issue in AUS, what if you just remove all the covers ? i mean some people do that to help keep everything cool.

E