Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Max boost w/standard exaust  (Read 1269 times)

ph1

Max boost w/standard exaust
« on: June 10, 2001, 03:33:22 AM »
MCR32
(5/17/01 1:52:17 am)
Reply  Max boost w/standard exaust
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again gents, I am considering buying an electronic boost controler (the one on the for sale page) and am also fitting an airfilter (blitz sus LM spec) a 600 x 300 intercooler and maybe a catback. Of course i will fit the cat back sooner or later but its the sooner or later that i want to know... so the point  

1. What is the max boost i can set the boost controller to with an air filter and intercooler, standard ecu and exaust??

and

2. What is the max boost i can set the boost controller to with an air filter and intercooler, standard ecu and catback exaust???

and

What is the max boost i can set the boost controller to with an air filter and intercooler, standard ecu and full exaust???

and

What is the max boost i can set the boost controller to with an air filter and intercooler, Unichip, GTR pump, full exaust??

Standard turbo btw, just answer like this if you want

1.??
2.??
and so on but obviously all the info that i can get is better. THANKYOU ALL VERY MUCH

MCR32

Razor GTSt
(5/17/01 4:56:51 am)
  Re: Max boost w/standard exaust
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I did not see a fuel pump or injector upgrade so either the answer to all of the above will be the same.

Max would 13 psi. Anymore and you will start to run out of fuel, lean out and could be looking at a melt down. It is always best to have an Air fuel ratio meter shoved up the muffler when increasing the boost that way you know for sure.
One other thing. I would not push the factory ceramic turbo beyond 1 bar or 14.6 psi. They really don't like and will fail quickly.

Vincent Sala
SDU Sponsor Liaison
Skylines Downunder Car Club Inc.

MCR32
(5/18/01 2:24:17 am)
Reply  Read on
 Thanks for your reply, i ordered a blitz airfilter this morning, i am ordering a 600x300x75 bar and plate style intercooler, trust cat back exaust and trust BOV in the next few weeks. i may not have a gtr pump in then. Ultimtly im goin to buy a unichip and all its extra drivers ( 1 being boost control) but for now with the standard fuel pump and what i mentioned above i plan to just fit a tuboxs hpbc (bleed style). So.... taking into acccount that the dump pipe will be upgraded soon after the bleed valve and then possibly the fuel pump (GTY) what do you think is the max i can run

1. without the pump
2. with the pump.

remember dump pipe will be upgraded to one with a pipe from boith the exaust wheel and the wastegate AND 98 octane fuel will be used.

Thankyou very much for your help/time.

MCR32

Razor GTSt
(5/18/01 6:47:35 am)
  Re: Read on
 Your real limitations will be your factory injectors, turbo and fuel pump.

Vincent Sala
SDU Sponsor Liaison
Skylines Downunder Car Club Inc.

Edited by: Razor GTSt at: 6/8/01 3:19:48 pm

WDRacing
(6/8/01 5:06:40 pm)
Reply  Re: Max boost w/standard exaust
 You can run 1 bar of boost all day everyday on stock everything. But you can't go over 1 bar till you upgrade your Head gasket first. I recommend a 1.5 mm at a minimum. Then you'll need a fuel pump and regulator. Once you install these get an A/F gauge. The best one I found is here http://WWW.RX7.COM Get the gauge style one not the LED box. Those are not accurate at all. Once you install that you can increase your boost while knowing your head will hold and you can moniter your fuel mix. After you install those I would get the HKS SAFC so you can totally tune your car. Once you install your SAFC purchase a EGT gauge. So you know your not running to hot. If you can keep it under 825 your doing good. You'll have to increase your injector size sometime also. Depends on how much you want to boost. I went with 550's. I haven't installed my SAFC or injectors yet. I currently run 1 bar of boost with a T04-E upgrade. She's not slow.....

WDR