Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: aftermarket dump pipe and cat.?  (Read 1169 times)

ph1

aftermarket dump pipe and cat.?
« on: June 10, 2001, 03:33:54 AM »
rosco
(6/8/01 1:27:35 am)
Reply  aftermarket dump pipe and cat.?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hi all, I have a r33 gtst 95 and when i bought my car it had an hks pod filter 3" to 4.5" system from the cat back i need to know if putting an bigger dump and hi flow cat is worth it...

xvenomousx
(6/8/01 1:37:30 am)
Reply  Re: aftermarket dump pipe and cat.?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 you wont get much gain, but if you aren't doing any other serious mods such as more boost then its not really necessary. A 3" all the way from the turbo is the best option, if you live in NZ (or anywhere cars aren't required to have them) getting rid of the cat altogether is the first thing to do.

rosco
(6/8/01 6:40:25 pm)
 thanx for that info, i all so have a a blitz adj boost so i can adj it up and down to suit but some one told me that the dump pipe is the next thing to do but i don't know if it is worth $500.00 for the extra hp if any.....

o by the way it is i carn't remove the cat i'm in NSW australia...

bummer....

DAn DOOORift
(6/8/01 10:29:18 pm)
 Do both!!! Firstly I got a Trust power extreme 2 cat back, that was good, but when I mated it to a front pipe and a high flow cat it unreal, you can really feel it pull out of corners more. Also you will get boost slightly lower, 300rpm about.
I'm yet to get the dump pipe upgraded as maybe getting new turbo soon. Bye, hope that helps. Oh and with the extra boost the least possible backpressure is the best if you want to keep the car for many years to come.

bye