Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Stagea Manual Conversion Guide  (Read 11883 times)

tRUkbOY

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Stagea Manual Conversion Guide
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 08:20:18 AM »
Quote from: adikt
sweet, might come in this weekend if i find some time & you guys are around.
either saturday afternoon in my skyline, or sunday in the work ute/van when i dont have to pay for gas :D

Sweet as, I should be around then I think. I ran out of time to finish the centre console & stuff last weekend & I still have a few cables to sort (plus my reverse lights) so I'll be doing all that. Not sure if Rob will be there though as I think he has Cricket :confused:

adikt

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 06:31:59 PM »
ok, gotta help gf move in the morning, but should be well finished that by lunch.
you'll be around after lunch?

tRUkbOY

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 01:27:55 PM »
Another point to add :

Don't forget to bleed up you ATTESSA system properly otherwise you'll end up with one very tail happy Stagea :D

Keeper

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 11:57:53 PM »
how did the interior go when finished? did you rip out another skylines one and fit it?

how much was the estimated final cost for the conversion? some guy on SAU is going on about not being able to do it for sub $6-7k but i can pick a R33 GTR box up for $1500 (R32 way cheaper) then it shouldn't be too much for the clutch stuff should it?

tRUkbOY

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »
All up I think it cost me $1900 ish (including beer & cigarettes). Still haven't done the centre console...............I'll get there eventually. Having to much fun driving it :laugh:

Keeper

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 05:31:10 PM »
Quote from: tRUkbOY
All up I think it cost me $1900 ish (including beer & cigarettes). Still haven't done the centre console...............I'll get there eventually. Having to much fun driving it :laugh:

more i look at it more the fibreglassed console seams the way

John_Stagea

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 09:56:21 AM »
Hey tRUkbOY,

How has the manual conversion been? Still enjoying it, and has been been running okay in manual mode?  Also, how did you get on with the center console with the handbrake/gear stick etc., did you finish that off?

Has anyone seen on TradeMe the Auto to Manual conversions being offered by a crowd in Christchurch for around $3200?  Apart from being in Christchurch, has anyone looked seriously into this at all?  That cost is only slightly more than an auto rebuild on the Stagea.  They tell me they will do Stagea's no problem, and that they have access to Stagea necessary materials (i.e. centre console etc.).

I think my auto is on the blink (again), and if it decides to go (again), I won't be mucking around fixing it this time that's for sure.

If anyone has any thoughts?  

Cheers
John

tRUkbOY

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 04:51:10 PM »
Quote from: John_Stagea
How has the manual conversion been? Still enjoying it, and has been been running okay in manual mode?

Yup. Just need more power now :D  

Also, how did you get on with the center console with the handbrake/gear stick etc., did you finish that off?

Ahhhh..............I have an R34 one kind of sitting in there at the moment, does that count? :confused: :laugh:

Has anyone seen on TradeMe the Auto to Manual conversions being offered by a crowd in Christchurch for around $3200?  Apart from being in Christchurch, has anyone looked seriously into this at all?  That cost is only slightly more than an auto rebuild on the Stagea.  They tell me they will do Stagea's no problem, and that they have access to Stagea necessary materials (i.e. centre console etc.).

Checked but couldn't find them. I would be keen to hit them up for a console though :p

I think my auto is on the blink (again), and if it decides to go (again), I won't be mucking around fixing it this time that's for sure.

You know what my opinions going to be aye :)

KRATOS

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 01:05:08 AM »
Since this the my next daily driver, I will be looking into this line of work to either convert a auto to manual...or just buy  manual if $$$$$ allow..

All in all geat work.

tRUkbOY

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 12:28:05 PM »
Just cause someone was asking me about doing this & realised the photos had disappeared. All sorted now :D

Anymore manual conversions on the horizon?

RB20DETdude

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 09:11:23 AM »
Hey guys, im looking to buy the 2000 25RS Stagea off my folks. its the RB25DET Neo Rwd with tiptronic auto..  Now what do you guys know about this transmission? is it reliable.. i want to try pump a bit of horse power through it.. (about 350hp)   will it handle it ok?  And feedback appreciated..

Thanks guys
R32 GTS-T Coupe RB30DET .

Lifes a burnout- smoke it up

gtsr

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 02:47:02 PM »
Should be able to handle 350hp, but supposedly that's the hp level when the previous generations (R32, R31) autotrans start to fail. The RB25 autotrans seems to be a bit stronger, as dude in Australia with a R33 has had his survive at 350hp+. But I think he had a air to air autotrans oilcooler instead of using the stock water to air autotrans oilcooler in the bottom of radiator (prevents overheating on a stock car only and should be upgraded to an air to air autotrans oilcooler if you intend on modifying the engine).

Basically Just make sure the autotrans doesn't overheat. Supposedly 90% of autotrans failures are due to overheating.

I think R34GTT has a separate air to air trans cooler vs R33, R32, etc with water to air trans cooler (auto trans connects to bottom of radiator). From what I remember the R34GTT autotrans cooler is located on drivers side of front of radiator, on I think was a custom mounting bracket.

Upgrades for Skyline autotrans include adding a higher stall convertor and rebuilding / modifying so it's a manual valve body (shift by hand instead of electronically via using auto computer that's usually located on Nissan Skylines, next to the drivers feet, just behind the kick panel). Also has upgraded seals, etc that should be part of the upgraded shift kit.

Supposedly there's roughly a 0.5sec-1 sec drop in 1/4 times
from fitting an upgraded shift kit.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:00:25 PM by gtsr »

evilc34

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 10:54:52 AM »
does this work on a rwd aswell? or do you need different parts?

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »
Gearbox internals should be the same. Lot of Aussie shops beefing up autos. I couldn't find one here so went manual instead but they should exist if you look a bit harder than I did. If it comes to the worst you could buy the bits from Aus to get installed here but if you look through the performance mags or get on the phone with the yellow pages you should be able to find someone here. Can cost as much as if not more than a manual conversion though!!

The neo already has a pretty decent trans cooler but you would be wise to change the fluid (takes 12+ litres) and a full synthetic atf will perform better. I would just do that and spend no money on the box but get a manual when it fails (should last a while before that happens)!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:21:21 PM by westybob »