Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Two Companies that claim they can import skylines  (Read 5078 times)

Shabib67

Two Companies that claim they can import skylines
« on: November 13, 2006, 12:53:28 PM »
I want peoples opinions on these two companies. They claim there skylines are legal in 49 states. However none of them show VIN # or titles on there websites.

http://www.sky-kit.com

http://www.f4w.us

Shabib67

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 05:01:12 AM »
So nobody has dealt with either of these two companies. I sent the both of them emails but have yet to hear from them.

tschreibung

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 08:11:33 AM »
Both companies exist. The difference being that sky-kit doesn't over charge. f4w is selling skylines for double the going rate. To my knowledge they have had the same two R34's for quite a while because the prices are so steep.

Shabib67

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 08:47:28 AM »
Finally some anwsered. Do you know if they are reliable or do they sell "kit-cars" or are there cars only legal on state levels. Basically what i want to know is are those either of the two companies legit.

yeahwhatever

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:20:07 PM »
got my car from them, took a couple weeks longer than expected. Good service imo and the car is state legal.

tschreibung

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 01:58:54 PM »
And I bet the you didn't take it in the seat when it came to the price! :king:  I am referring to sky-kit of course.

Shabib67

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 05:01:34 AM »
Is there anyway to make sky-kits cars federally legal are no?

Shabib67

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 05:14:45 AM »
I have emailed them twice now and have gotten no response back.

tschreibung

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 06:42:17 AM »
It would be a state legal car. If you are thinking about getting a 33 you might be able to have it federally legalized. It is incredibly expensive to do so (about $20,000 plus!) but then again it would have a very good re-sale value.

Shabib67

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 09:59:38 AM »
what about the r32, is there anyway to federally legalize the r32.

Serega

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 05:43:25 AM »
Yeah, any Skyline up to '99 (I believe) can be legalized but freaking expensive as hell. I wanted an S15 for myself, spoke to a guy from Sky-kit, and they wanted 50% of the value upfront, I just don't have that kind of money right now. So that's that, as far as legit or not goes, who knows. Don't know any ppl that dealt with them. 20 grand + would be heartbreaking to loose...

tschreibung

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 06:39:22 AM »
Call them back and get a referrence (past customer). I am sure that they will work with you on that. MotorEx asked for 50% up front and people didn't have a problem with it and they were over charging people and not delivering your car for up to a year and a half! If you want an S-15 that bad, there is a guy who has a blue one for sale (it's bone stock) for $40,000. It also does NOT come with a title...what a joke.

Kendall

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 12:36:23 PM »
You get what you pay for. I, along with my partner, own f4w.us. We actually only have one car in stock. Sold all others. I am very negotiable on prices and will do what I can to work with buyers. And the great thing about our Company is that we take the risks. We take a minimal deposit on cars if we order them but we mostly sell cars that are already here. Other Places take 50-70 percent, order the cars just like you can and with your money, and get their backwoods states to title them. Our cars are re manufactured in Japan by  licensed kit car manufacturer and are sold here in the us as a kit car. We provide MSO's with our cars. Look for us in a very large magazine the middle of this year. Hope I helped and if anyone has any questions feel free to call me at 228 861 4849.

yeahwhatever

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 09:50:11 AM »
so how are they remanufactured?

tschreibung

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »
Aparently by a "licensed kit car remanufacturer". If they are a licensed remanufacturer of kit cars, they must charge a premium considering that they are asking $120,000 for a car that cost about $35,000 in Japan. If you would, please shed some light on as to why you are asking that much for one. I am just curious.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 05:41:05 PM by tschreibung »