Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: So so quiet around here these days!! Whats hapening with your cars??  (Read 25542 times)

Looney_Head

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
So so quiet around here these days!! Whats hapening with your cars??
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 09:54:25 AM »
Quote from: cryline;481918
hey what sort of rb30 parts you got? i am in need of parts as i am building an rb30dett

none that are for sale now...
god is just an imaginery friend for grown ups

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 11:46:24 PM »
Well since no one elce seems to be posting ill add my small updates! I have just purchased a DSR 46mm external wastegate and a greddy type S copy BOV(going to run 2of those bov's on my motor and both will be plumed back into the intake pipe). Some might say that the china made, replicas, copys and dsr etc is crap but I have been looking into it lately and have found that all the top end parts on the DSR wastegates are compatible with Tial wastegates and they are of the same quality at a much chaper price END OF STORY! lol (but the proof to come). But as for the BOV's thats anyones guess haha! And next week or the week after that (depending on funds lol) I will purchase my new clutch plate which is a 4 puk USA built imported unit which will go with my RB30E/25DET flywheel which has been machined and my near new heavy duty jap made presure plate which has also just been machined and also I have a used(sucesfully) neer new greddy copy plenum lined up for $100 so at least im slowly geting there!
Now to get it running I just need: a fuel surge tank, main fuel pump(bosch 044), injectors(FD3S 850cc), fuel pressure reg(Sard), 1 greddy type s copy bov, link G4 ecu, to buy the 300zx box I have lined up($300), a little bit of intercooler & exhaust piping and then all the machining/fitting/wirering/fabricating etc etc to get it working!
Im getting there slowly at the moment

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »
Thats my new 46mm wastegate and 1 bov(of the 2 I will use) next to my turbo! New parts are so cool haha I love opening those packages

NFORSA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://OldskoolSkylines.bebo.com
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 05:41:23 PM »
I got a package today, Jackie Chan's "Drunken Master 2" not as awesome as yours.
Red line it.
日産のスカイライン

fuseikaizousha (不正改造車)

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 05:45:59 PM »
Hahah mean

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 08:26:54 PM »
Well I have now kinda gone backwards! but it is to go forwards later on lol. My R30 has gone for a bit of a storage holliday and my Mitsi L300 van(lol showen below) has come back to my place so I can fix and paint it and then sell for $$$$$$ an then dump the $$ into the R30 yayyyyy! The best part is the van has a LD20T and 5 speed in it and its certed! and the wheels are GTS-T so shows Nissan is allways in my heart lol

Orion

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tx3nz.com
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 12:42:24 PM »
Haven't been working on the skylines lately because I had to finish restoring this car first. But it's all done now thank god.

anyway, the damned fuel pump controller went bung in the coupe just before waitangi weekend, so I parked it up while finishing the Laser. went and pulled the controller out of the sedan on sunday to get the coupe going again :mad:

Looking for a spare if someone's got one lying around in working condition they want to get rid of. (they are supposedly the same as L20ET, VG20ET, VG30ET)

also bought some new badges to finish off the exterior look on the coupe:

Once they're on, the meshies are coming off to get the centres re-painted, hopeful end result: one nice tidy grandpa-spec KDR30 :hawaii:
1983 DR30 Skyline RS-X (x2)
2 door coupe || 4 door sedan

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 05:15:24 PM »
Hahahaha cracked up hard when I saw your controller pic! Just out of interest what did the badges cost? and where does the fuelpump controller live anyway?

2gunsturner

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 08:55:55 PM »
Hey ill jump on the band wagon here - - get my R30 coupe bak tomorow after getting new hi flo fuel pump, link computer and dyno tuned. it around 100kw wasnt sure if this is good or what? Im gona give it a tidy up and itll be ready to rock, if any1 else has had theres dynoed i would be interested in the power out put, will take some **** of the ol *** when i get  it baK (:

StageFumer11

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 09:26:45 PM »
Anything else done to it so far ?.

Mine with a stock ecu, afm and 270cc injectors did 124rwkw on 14psi.. It had more in it also.. Cracking over 130's easly. I did have FMIC, exhasut. and 24deg BTC timing, and a walbro 044
1985 R30 Skyline Coupe

BADHAB|T

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 09:46:18 PM »
My old HR30 was dynoed by a previous owner in the early 90's, had an exhaust FMIC and some head work - 126rwkw

Orion

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tx3nz.com
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 10:08:40 PM »
Quote from: RB30DET-R30;483814
Hahahaha cracked up hard when I saw your controller pic! Just out of interest what did the badges cost? and where does the fuelpump controller live anyway?

in the boot, but not in the same place between cars, just to keep you on your toes!

Coupe one was attached to the underside of the parcel tray - had to remove the shelf speakers, parcel tray lining, the rear seat backs, and a whole crapload of christmas tree clips to get to the screws holding it in place. Sedan one was bolted to the inside of the rear wheelarch behind a trim panel, didn't take as long to get to as the coupe one did, but still a pain in the arse.

Badges came to a total of around $300 incl. shipping... not cheap.

I dynoed the coupe a few years back, made 114kW at the rear wheels on the standard unmodified FJ20ET running 5.5psi.
1983 DR30 Skyline RS-X (x2)
2 door coupe || 4 door sedan

drift_ocorns

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
    • http://www.skylinesdownunder.com
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 10:24:51 AM »
yeah im amped to see what mine makes on the dyno. she is now running! couldnt beleive it for an engine that hasnt been run in 9 years its started first pop! very little chain rattle too. does anybody here have power figures for their modded fjs? mines got t4 turbo. fmic. full 3inch. microtech. larger injectors and fuel pump. no idea of what power i should be expecting?
1985 honda civic "s"
1982 DR30 RS skyline coupe

StageFumer11

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 10:33:49 AM »
Fj's are pretty stout when the whick is turned up. So Im thinking happly mid 250's atw
1985 R30 Skyline Coupe

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 02:33:59 PM »
My mate has a standard internal FJ20DET in his Datsun 1600 it has 8x standars injectors, front mount, some sort of T04E, about 14psi and a microtec hes got about 190rwkw with a average road tune it fells pretty fast but has all those stupid lil problems like random stalling, no cold start tune etc so once it goes on the dyno my mate who will tune it for him rekons 240-280rwkw with 18-20psi up it