Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: So so quiet around here these days!! Whats hapening with your cars??  (Read 25191 times)

Orion

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tx3nz.com
So so quiet around here these days!! Whats hapening with your cars??
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
yeah FJ20s are tough as. this was my sedan with a busted fuel pump (leaning out bigtime) - 95kW @ 3500rpm or whatever in 4th gear trying to run 12psi on the silly stock turbo, only other mods are/were cams and an intercooler

still managed 128kW @ 8psi and they backed off before redline, but check out how lean it got, glad I ditched that pump in favour of a Bosch 910!

1983 DR30 Skyline RS-X (x2)
2 door coupe || 4 door sedan

plasticdash

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 09:10:28 PM »
anyway, the damned fuel pump controller went bung in the coupe just before waitangi weekend, so I parked it up while finishing the Laser. went and pulled the controller out of the sedan on sunday to get the coupe going again :mad:
 VG30ET)

Just crack it open and resolder anything that looks dry. worked for me once.
Starion with the 2 cams and large Huffer.

2gunsturner

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 10:44:56 PM »
HI got my car back bit of a disapointing 108kw at rear wheels at 6pounds think i better turn the boost up a bit??? The guy rekons it no good thurning it up without intercooling it? which should get me a lot more power.Its a 2.6ltr turbo so am a little dissopointed at the power but it still seems to haul ass.

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 10:47:57 PM »
Is it not running any intercooler at all? What turbo? You defanatly need an intercooler! Let me know if you want some pics of a setup I did for my mate. And do you still want to email me some pics and I will host them for you?
Im getting there slowly at the moment

2gunsturner

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 11:36:17 AM »
Yeah keen as to send some pics will take some on the weekend. I will get an intercooler so and bigger injectors so i can run 10pound ish. I quess ill have to learn to put up my own pics and other stuff but would be easier to send to you :P Thanks , Jamie.

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 01:08:53 PM »
I dont mind posting pics etc I got plenty of time on my hands at the moment lol. You just have to sign up to a site like http://www.photobucket.com and its all pretty simple you just upload your photos there, then back on here you just go to the "go advanced" reply thing and copy & paste the direct link into the "Insert Image" box(its the little yellow box thing that looks like its got 2 mountains in it and a dot up the top r/h corner). haha I dont know if that made any sence? Yea you defanatly need an intercooler and bigger injectors the cooler doesint need to be a huge one like a 450x300x76 or a EVO size one will do you fine and I think VG30ET ones are the same and are a bit more flow than the standard ones. Then chuck it back on the dyno and get him to put it up 2psi at a time untill you get what your after

2gunsturner

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »
Ha sweet, ill go take some pics on the weekend some at work probly even tho she still rough, ill need one for me profile. Mite have to see if the wheels still spin ( got a private yard with concrete slab in industil zone SSWWWEEET) so can do some skids and take some pics. Cheers.  :jack:

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2009, 06:08:27 PM »
Here we go! I really like it(even though its a coupe:p) as its something different! Just needs to be a bit lower I think.

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 06:11:56 PM »
I rekon drop it on its arse with some 195/45's! It would look cool! Are they 15"s or 16"s?

NFORSA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://OldskoolSkylines.bebo.com
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 06:19:58 PM »
I like it :)
Look foward to future pics.
Red line it.
日産のスカイライン

fuseikaizousha (不正改造車)

2gunsturner

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2009, 07:58:06 PM »
Nah the only 14s cos i go thru tyres to much (: I may put some new rims on but i just got an intercooler and a whole car of spares so i can fix all the little things (Heater fan, trim etc) So it on the end of a long list.

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2009, 10:11:46 PM »
Wow they somehow look big for 14"s lol! Get some 185x45x14" tyres I rekon it will look good

2gunsturner

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »
Haha thats cos i got 70 profile tyres on :D i just get what evers cheap cos it was just a burnout machine at the time, but now im restoring it ill prob go beta especily since my wife n kids will be in it. Got an intercooler now so just gota get the injectors, its had the resistors put in for them so i can fit Rb20DET 1s or VG30 which ever is best . The guy at informotive here in rotorua has a rally sprint R30 so ill run what he is hes getting 180 odd KW from his with all the mod computers etc So if i can get 140 - 150 with my 2.6 after all the mods ill be stocked.

2gunsturner

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 12:12:20 PM »
Got my intercooler last night damn things to big ): Got a mate whos an engineer so ill get him to cut it up and make it smaller.

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 01:42:27 PM »
How big is it??? As I have put on a couple of 600x300's on R30s with a few little mods like the one in the pic below and we made is so the bumper went back on aswell