Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Keep it clean guys  (Read 4508 times)

Skyla

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Keep it clean guys
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:13:42 PM »
Due to recent increased forum activity and an upsurge in inappropriate posts taking threads off topic, an increasing number of complaints have been laid. I have no option but to remind people that they are guests on the SDU forums, and the terms and conditions on which they use the SDU forums must be adhered to, failure to comply to these terms and conditions will result in suspension of your account. list of terms and conditions can be found here http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32484
Please remember that the SDU forums have a diverse group of people visiting each day and that posts written in jest by some forum members could eaisly be deemed offensive or inappropriate by other forum users.

It only take a few inappropriate posts to degrade the look of the forums and spoil it for the rest of us, so please keep things clean and on topic in the future.

SDU Moderation Staff.
R33 GTS25, the 121rwkw 16 sec 1/4 mile whale snail

Taupo track 1, 1.56 (A1GP)
Taupo Track 2, 1.23
Taupo track 3, 47.89
Taupo track 4, 2.02
Manfeild, 1.30
Pukekohe, 1.17
Hampton Downs, 1.25

R33_400R

• Administrator
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
How to Act on the forums!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »
Hi Everyone

I have had people get in touch with me regarding the current forum and the way people are actting and what is being posted.

As its been more than a few people contact me now i will be taking action and if it comes to it members will be banned for periods.

This will be the last time i make comment on this before action happens, i still welcome everyones comments positive or negitive please just PM your comments.

I will not name names but please take this stuff on board guys and keep it clean as we do not wish to give new members, sponsors, or anyone else who visits our loved forums the wrong idea, we wnat people to join not look and leave.

Thanks

SDU CREW :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:45:19 PM by R33_400R »
Ex President/Admin/Moderator

If You Can't Find It.....Grind It

"Player In Management Profession-------PIMP"

Tony@SkylinesDownUnder.Com

skidMark

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 10:55:45 PM »
I'm trying to keep it clean, i dont take well to people swearing at my opinion and using bold underlined font to try prove that thier opinion is correct.

As you were.
Every site needs a token bogan:

Quote from: gts-4r;541051
hit it with a hammer if it still doesn\'t work then its an electrical problem.

StageFumer11

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 11:03:10 PM »
I just keep quiet.. It's easyer that way.... :)
1985 R30 Skyline Coupe

BADHAB|T

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 11:37:33 PM »
skid : I dont think it was aimed at any one specific person, do you have a guilty conscience? :p

I guess the 'random crap thread' needs to get used more, for talking crap!

......and while I have the Mods attentions, keep up the good work guys/gals! Its great having so many new members on board, this place is definitely much more alive now :D Brings in new personalities and a wealth of new info! Your efforts are always appreciated and dont go unnoticed. I think I can safely speak on behalf of most people on here

sixoneonesix

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 06:01:20 PM »
It's all skid he's on here 24/7 and talks too much ****. But the other problem is these passive people making little complaints from the safety of their home. Please make a new thread with your complaints etc and locations. Regards.

skidMark

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »
Quote from: sixoneonesix;500533
It's all skid he's on here 24/7 and talks too much ****. But the other problem is these passive people making little complaints from the safety of their home. Please make a new thread with your complaints etc and locations. Regards.

That...

Was out of line.

I was asked to clean up my act and for the most part i have, a bit of fun here or there but i have toned it right down at moderators request.

And given you actually played along and went back and forth with it you are in no position to be pointing fingers.

EDIT: Oh and i work 10 hours a day and sleep for 10 hours a day so it's a bit difficult for me to be on 24/7 i think...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:25:38 PM by skidMark »

Harley

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • WD - No bullshit ISP
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 06:44:02 PM »
My Bad! :o

sixoneonesix

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »
Quote from: skidMark;500534
That...

Was out of line.

I was asked to clean up my act and for the most part i have, a bit of fun here or there but i have toned it right down at moderators request.

And given you actually played along and went back and forth with it you are in no position to be pointing fingers.

EDIT: Oh and i work 10 hours a day and sleep for 10 hours a day so it's a bit difficult for me to be on 24/7 i think...

Think its time skid became a moderator!!!

Exaggeration.... Look it up sonny jim!!!

Skyla

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 08:09:26 PM »
sure things got out of hand recently, but the issue was delt with by moderators and people were spoken to, since that time there has been a marked improvement in forum edicate in general.
If any one out there has concerns with the content or behaviour on the SDU forums please feel free to contact one of the moderators and bring the thread/forum member to our attention, we will investigate the matter, and take action should it be required, remember folks there's 2 sides to every story.
As I have said before the SDU forums have a diverse group of people visit each day, we aren't always going to approve of some forum members views or opinions, but at the end of the day we are all drawn to the SDU forums for the same reason, the passion and quest for knowledge we share for our beloved skylines.
R33 GTS25, the 121rwkw 16 sec 1/4 mile whale snail

Taupo track 1, 1.56 (A1GP)
Taupo Track 2, 1.23
Taupo track 3, 47.89
Taupo track 4, 2.02
Manfeild, 1.30
Pukekohe, 1.17
Hampton Downs, 1.25

skidMark

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 08:42:38 PM »
Quote from: Skyla;500549
sure things got out of hand recently, but the issue was delt with by moderators and people were spoken to, since that time there has been a marked improvement in forum edicate in general.
If any one out there has concerns with the content or behaviour on the SDU forums please feel free to contact one of the moderators and bring the thread/forum member to our attention, we will investigate the matter, and take action should it be required, remember folks there's 2 sides to every story.
As I have said before the SDU forums have a diverse group of people visit each day, we aren't always going to approve of some forum members views or opinions, but at the end of the day we are all drawn to the SDU forums for the same reason, the passion and quest for knowledge we share for our beloved skylines.

In the history of all forums i have ever been on over the last 11 years... that is by far the best post i have ever seen.