Holden or Ford or Neither

olden
21 (38.2%)
ord
18 (32.7%)
either
16 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Holden or Ford?  (Read 3950 times)

con-air

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Holden or Ford?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 10:15:29 PM »
Quote from: pure_methamphetamachine;551591
Depends on the motor. Some Holden motors are built by Chev, some by Holden themselves. Opel is the Euro side of Holden. That is an epic fail. Just like the Euro fords are an epic fail.

Holden and Ford really are just crap. They are only good for transporting a mullet around.

Yea, can't really stand them.

TTOBES

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
    • http://
Holden or Ford?
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 11:31:09 PM »
Hey chaps, I can't belive how biased some of you are against the Holdens and Fords. Once you put aside all your predudices they rate faifly highly.

I am not up with the Fords, as I have been a GM fan for years,  but take a good look at the VE Commodores. Massive technology went into the design of the shell and the now have, along with the fords, the highest crash safety rating. Good suspension design and good brakes.
A very comfortable, usefull daily driver!

The car is good enough that a lot of Americans refuse to belive that the Pontiac GTO is an Aussie car. Top Gear constantly rave about the Vauxhall Monaro. The car is being developed into a law enforcement vehicle for sale in the States, a particularly brutal role if you look at what they do with them.

The engines may be old pushrod, two valve technology but they certainly produce the goods and cost considerably less to manufacture. With the SIDI system they use a comparable amount of fuel to the smaller Jap turbo motors.(HP extracted is directly proportional to fuel in) They are hugely reliable.
People constantly knock the V8 Supertaxis for not using a more hi=tec engine, but when was the last time you saw one blow up during a race. They have developed them to produce 600hp plus at 7500rpm and they will do it for 6 hours at Bathurst!!! Reliably!!!
As they say 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it', and that motor is a derivitave of the old 308 that came out in the HG's some 40 years ago!

In case you hadn't guessed, I voted Holden....

Lions and Bow Ties Rule:king:

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Holden or Ford?
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 11:36:24 PM »
Most of the LS series are designed and built by Holden, just badged under the Chevy name ;p

The Ford Barras are also Australian (I6s, XR6 turbo etc)
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

dimaat

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Holden or Ford?
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 11:48:01 PM »
Bah they are both crap, not sure what you guys are fighting over.  Its all hype.  I'd rather a push bike.

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Holden or Ford?
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2011, 07:58:58 AM »
I ticked "neither". Being poor I would buy a Toyota of some kind if I didn't have a Nissan (I'm actually getting around in a V6 Camry at the moment) but if money was no object I would like the new McLaren or an awd Turbo Porsche or one of the M series BMWs and for a wagon the Audi RS6.
(and I have a push bike - should use it more often!)

sisko

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Holden or Ford?
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 06:21:26 PM »
i dont know why i just like fords.  I have driven a few holdens and didnt like em much.
Maybe it goes back to my aunties falcon 500 which i absolutely adored.

Sectiplave

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Holden or Ford?
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2011, 12:46:02 PM »
My vote went to neither also.

To be realistic with my expendable cash, I'd just return to a Toyota, probably a 1JZ powered Toyota :)

KRATOS

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Holden or Ford?
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »
Holden.

because of the HSV Coupe...and the VY to VZ Adventura v8 4wd station wagon with great towing and crew hauling....and hell I go for a clubby anyday....then heck SLR5000 and XU1 GTR... A9X..

But I love X series coupes and station wagons...not as keen on the GT40, and had au and ba cars for company cars and not really my thing.