Poll

Whos the lesser evil

ational
18 (46.2%)
abour
2 (5.1%)
talk3r (he thinks of the children) :p
9 (23.1%)
ther party ie (greens,nz first, bill and ben etc)
3 (7.7%)
\'m not voting theres no point
5 (12.8%)
"CANDY\" (Sub 18, cant vote, waaaaah)
1 (2.6%)
H GOD HOW DID THIS GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: 2011 Election year  (Read 9373 times)

Shrike

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
2011 Election year
« on: July 19, 2011, 01:17:43 PM »
So I know its not till the 26th of November however we don't have a thread on this yet that i am aware of and thought i'd chuck some info up

General election key dates
The Prime Minister has today announced that the 2011 general election and referendum on the voting system will be held on 26 November 2011. The key dates for the general election and referendum are:

2011 GENERAL ELECTION AND REFERENDUM TIMETABLE

Wednesday 2 February
 Prime Minister announces dates for 2011 general election and referendum

Monday 30 May
 Launch of enrolment update campaign and voter referendum information campaign

Friday 26 August
 Regulated period for election and referendum advertising expenses begins

Thursday 20 October      
 Dissolution of Parliament

Tuesday 25 October
 Last day for registration of parties/logos with the Electoral Commission

Wednesday 26 October
 Writ Day

Governor General issues formal direction to the Electoral Commission to hold the election.

Electoral Rolls close for printing.

Voters enrolled after this date cast special declaration votes.

Candidate and party television and radio advertising may start.

Thursday 27 October
 Nominations open

Advertising calling for individual nominations of electorate candidates.

Monday 31 October

Noon
 Bulk Nominations

Deadline for registered political parties to bulk nominate their electorate candidates to the Electoral Commission.

Tuesday 1 November

Noon
 Party Lists

Deadline for political parties to submit list candidates to the Electoral Commission.

Tuesday 1 November

Noon
 Individual Nominations

Deadline for individual nominations of electorate candidates to Returning Officers.

Wednesday 2 November

2.00pm target
 Candidate Information                              

Names of all electorate and list candidates released by Electoral Commission. Production of ballot papers begins.

Wednesday 2 November

2.00pm target                          
 Polling Place and Advance Voting Place details available

Wednesday 9 November
 Advance Voting starts in New Zealand

Advance voting available for voters who are away from home or unable to get to a polling place on Election Day.

Wednesday 9 November      
 Overseas Voting starts

Overseas voters can download voting papers from http://www.elections.org.nz, vote by post or vote in person at  overseas posts in many countries.  

Saturday 19 November
 EasyVote Information Packs available

Information packs with EasyVote card sent to voters enrolled by 19 November.

Friday 25 November
 Enrolments Cease

Last day to enrol for the election.

Advance Voting ends

Friday 25 November

Midnight
 Regulated period ends

All election and referendum advertising must end and signs must be taken down

Saturday 26 November
 Election Day

Polling places open from 9.00am to 7.00pm.

Election Night

Preliminary results released progressively from 7.00pm on http://www.electionresults.govt.nz. Targets for release:

by 8.30pm  all advance vote results for general election and referendum

by 10.00pm           general election results from 50% of polling places

by 11.30pm           general election results from 100% of polling places.

Referendum voting papers will not be counted in polling places on election night to avoid delays to the release of the general election results.

Saturday 10 December

2.00pm target
 Official results for general election and referendum declared

(including special declaration votes)

Wednesday 14 December
 Deadline for applications for Judicial Recount

Wednesday 14 December
 Deadline for Broadcaster Returns of Election Programmes to the Electoral Commission

Thursday 15 December
 Return of Writ by Electoral Commission showing successful electorate candidates*

Thursday 15 December    
 Declaration of Election of List Members*

Thursday 1 March 2012
 Deadline for parties to submit broadcasting accounts to Electoral Commission

Friday 16 March 2012
 Deadline for Returns of Party Election Expenses to the Electoral Commission*

Monday 26 March 2012
 Deadline for Returns of Third Party Election Expenses to the Electoral Commission

Monday 26 March 2012
 Deadline for Returns of Candidate Election Expenses and Donations to Electoral Commission

Monday 26 March 2012
 Deadline for Returns of Referendum Expenses to the Electoral Commission

Now as this is only my 2nd election I am still unaware of who actually the lesser of two evils is so I thought we could all have a civil discussion and as SDU is all for voting I'm going to chuck up a private poll

Website links

http://www.national.org.nz
http://www.labour.org.nz
http://www.greens.org.nz
http://www.nzfirst.org.nz
http://www.act.org.nz
http://www.maoriparty.org
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:42:52 PM by Shrike »
Quote from: MZ ROLA;555218
Personally i prefer DP

Quote from: Stalk3r;558679
mmmm sausage

Shrike

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
2011 Election year
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
I emailed my cousin the other day and hes finally got back to me

"Hi Alan

Nice to hear from you. Log on to http://www.national.org.nz as it canvasses some of the topics you mentioned. However:

On welfare our big focus is of resourcing people into work not staying on the dole.Welfare steps : budget 2011

$55 milion Youth Employment Package over 4 years, giving opportunities to 13,000 young people.

$15 million - boost for employment assistance programmes to help more Kiwis into work.

$10million to support Cantabrians rebuilding their lives and communities on top of $10m already allocated.

On tax cuts from 1 October, across-the-board personal tax cuts have put more money in back pockets of hard-working Kiwis.

Since November 2010, the average household was about $25 a week better off, even with GST rising to 15 per cent.

Someone on the average wage is almost $15 a week better off.

And a retired couple, living in their own home and receiving NZ Superannuation, is $11 a week better off.

Since 1 October, New Zealand Superannuation, Working for Families, and benefit payments will increase immediately by 2.02 per cent – to compensate for the rise in GST.

73 per cent of earners will face a top statutory income tax rate of 17.5 per cent or less.

To find out how the tax changes will benefit you visit the tax calculator at:  http://www.taxguide.govt.nz

KiwiSaver Changes to KiwiSaver will encourage a higher level of private savings, make the scheme more financially sustainable and build a large pool of local capital.

While KiwiSaver has been very effective in attracting new members, it has done so at a high cost to taxpayers, with the scheme costing the Government over $1 billion a year in subsidies and tax breaks. The  changes will see KiwiSaver funds continue to grow rapidly, but with a larger share of contributions coming from members and employers, and a lower share from the Government. This is expected to raise national savings, as it will reduce the amount the Government is borrowing, largely from foreigners, in order to fund private savings.

Reducing Government borrowing and increasing private contributions to KiwiSaver will also lift national savings. Just over 43 per cent of all KiwSaver contributions to date have been funded by the Government – mainly through Member Tax Credit and Kick-Start payments.  This does not include the Employer Superannuation Contribution Tax exemption which, if counted, would bring the Government’s share closer to 50 per cent.

Kiwirail Budget 2011 has committed more than $338 million to improving commuter rail services and supporting KiwiRail to become more commercially viable.

A funding package of $88.4 million over eight years will go towards upgrading and renewing the remainder of the signalling and electric power equipment on the Wellington network.  The Crown commitment, coupled with co-investment from the Greater Wellington Regional Council and previous investment from both parties, will transform the service into a modern reliable commuter option for Wellington. KiwiRail receives the second $250 million tranche of the Government’s $750 million commitment to its Turnaround Plan over three years. The lion’s share of the $4.6 billion Turnaround Plan will be funded by KiwiRail itself from customer revenue during the 10 year plan. The money will be used to continue a range of projects, including new locomotives and wagons, and improvements to the network - particularly on the main trunk route and in the ‘golden triangle’ of Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga. The Turnaround Plan is about helping KiwiRail to become a more viable nationwide freight participant. “The $4.6 billion turnaround plan combined with investment in the Auckland and Wellington commuter networks means the government is now overseeing a $7 billion investment in rail. This is a huge commitment and National is determined to improve the rail freight network, provide KiwiRail with the opportunity to become commercially viable and support the provision of modern, reliable commuter rail services in Wellington and Auckland.

Car laws (Boy racer laws) A bill allowing boy racers cars to be crushed was passed by Parliament on 21 October 2009. The Vehicle Confiscation and Seizure Bill gives courts the power to send cars owned by repeat offenders to the crusher. The bill would also toughen provisions for the seizure of motor vehicles for unpaid fines and strengthen the courts' powers to confiscate motor vehicles. "This bill will hit boy racers where it hurts - by targeting their vehicles." Fines did not work and infringement notices became "badges of honour." Low value cars that were used to commit offences and incur fines would also be seized so they could not be used to commit more offences

Bet you don’t like the last one! Hi to your Granddad, I hear he's doing OK.

Cheers

Phil

Hon. Phil Heatley

MP for Whangarei

Minister of Housing

Minister of Fisheries & Aquaculture

Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2011 1:21 pm
To: phil.heatley@national.org.nz
Subject: 2011 election

Hi Phil

Its coming up on election time again and as this is my 2nd year voting however im alittle lost on who I want to vote for.

My current concerns are the following and Im wondering where the national party stand on them

The Nz benefit (alittle concerned about how many able bodied people are on it using my tax dollar)

Tax cuts

Kiwi saver

NZ assets ie kiwi rail etc

Any car laws (“boyracer” laws)
Personally i prefer DP

mmmm sausage

D1LEMA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
2011 Election year
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 01:23:07 PM »
Bah ... Politics :bored2dea  lol

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
    • http://
2011 Election year
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 01:30:58 PM »
......wanker :P

but seriously, if i ran i reckon i'd get votes, on the moustache alone

Shrike

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
2011 Election year
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 01:41:37 PM »
Quote from: Stalk3r;558659
......wanker :P

but seriously, if i ran i reckon i'd get votes, on the moustache alone

oh hell yes and you know children are the future so someones got to think of them ;)

if no ones worked out today is slow for me :| and seeing as how I got an email back from Phil thought id do some posting

im not sure how many people on here are 18 or older

edit poll for a im not 18 yet option :p? (ok I cant change the poll options)

so anyone under 18 please select the CANDY option lol
Personally i prefer DP

mmmm sausage

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
2011 Election year
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 01:54:35 PM »
youre from wellington, every day is slow for your people, unless its an athletics day, your webbed feet really help you excel at swimming challenges :P

s13_jz

• RB20E
    • View Profile
2011 Election year
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 01:59:16 PM »
Quote from: Stalk3r;558662
youre from wellington, every day is slow for your people, unless its an athletics day, your webbed feet really help you excel at swimming challenges :P

Lolololol
Ur in with a chance too stalker. Currently tied for first
Ayzu no koto mo aru kara ne

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
2011 Election year
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 01:59:59 PM »
yeaaaaaa boyeeeeeeeee

Shrike

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
2011 Election year
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 02:09:47 PM »
Quote from: Stalk3r;558664
yeaaaaaa boyeeeeeeeee

thanks for changing the poll option lol
Personally i prefer DP

mmmm sausage

Ultimategtr

2011 Election year
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 03:49:34 PM »
imho - FU(K Labour.

SteveRiellyNZ

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katanatechnologies.net
2011 Election year
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »
I'm voting for National...its labour's constant whining to the lower economics that people on high wages, investments and trusts should pay more to the country.
Well thats me, for many years I've been classed in the top 5% wage earners, and pay an obscene amount to the government. Apparently Labour thinks thats not fair, that I should pay more, so that those who skive off the government, or simply dont earn enough, can continue to do so, while I work my *** of to pay it all for them.

I want a business loan, can't, cause Im not maori.
I want to go to the doctors, or dentist.  I pay full price cause I earn to much...and my taxes are paying for everyone else in the waiting room on a community services card to be there.
Course I say anything about it, and I'm racist, a snob, or some rich bastard who's complaining about having to pay his fair share.
My fair share is as it works out, is about 10 times the average new zealanders, and why all these people get community grants, free health care, schooling etc etc etc.
But thats just not enough, so now tax my Family Trust that my dad worked his butt off to build for us.

So I'm National...but I'm also leaving the country. Now my 10x tax dollars wont go into the dependents of this country at all. They'll be in another country which will serious increase my cash in hand every month, but I get free medical,health and a retirement fund that actually works.
And the trust, well when that gets liquidated, its to an overseas entity, so its tax free.
Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer.

Shrike

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
2011 Election year
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 04:03:18 PM »
Quote from: SteveRiellyNZ;558705
I'm voting for National...its labour's constant whining to the lower economics that people on high wages, investments and trusts should pay more to the country.
Well thats me, for many years I've been classed in the top 5% wage earners, and pay an obscene amount to the government. Apparently Labour thinks thats not fair, that I should pay more, so that those who skive off the government, or simply dont earn enough, can continue to do so, while I work my *** of to pay it all for them.

I want a business loan, can't, cause Im not maori.
I want to go to the doctors, or dentist.  I pay full price cause I earn to much...and my taxes are paying for everyone else in the waiting room on a community services card to be there.
Course I say anything about it, and I'm racist, a snob, or some rich bastard who's complaining about having to pay his fair share.
My fair share is as it works out, is about 10 times the average new zealanders, and why all these people get community grants, free health care, schooling etc etc etc.
But thats just not enough, so now tax my Family Trust that my dad worked his butt off to build for us.

So I'm National...but I'm also leaving the country. Now my 10x tax dollars wont go into the dependents of this country at all. They'll be in another country which will serious increase my cash in hand every month, but I get free medical,health and a retirement fund that actually works.
And the trust, well when that gets liquidated, its to an overseas entity, so its tax free.

I may not earn as much as you but it makes me sad that people dont pay there on way I have never been on the benefit and I dont have a student loan however dont say im not keen for people to increase there knowledge/skills but dont waste my dollar getting a degree that you will never use

I hate students that are just on it for the ride grrrrr.
Or people that drink my tax dollar

im all for helping someone when they need a hand but its gotten to a point where the system is taken advantage of
Personally i prefer DP

mmmm sausage

SteveRiellyNZ

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katanatechnologies.net
2011 Election year
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »
Totally agree...I wouldn't mind so much if the money went where it deserved to be, or go to the people that really needed it.
Its the hundreds of millions that's just been thrown away, with people still holding their hands out for more thats done it for me.
Labour is digging for votes in the social sector that's going to be happy taxing the high achievers for more, and thats the sector that makes the country the money that it has.
Piss them all off, they all leave, guess what.....country has less money than when it started.

I know way to many people that are hiking it to the US and Australia...all earning more than me, cause they know they'll be better off here, and literally wont get spat upon by taxman, opposition government and public because they've made something of themselves.

Personal prediction....10 years this country is going to be third world, unless MMP is abolished, and public and MP's start stop trying to be so PC and actually get the guts to fix the country to what it should be.
Quote from: Shrike;558706
I may not earn as much as you but it makes me sad that people dont pay there on way I have never been on the benefit and I dont have a student loan however dont say im not keen for people to increase there knowledge/skills but dont waste my dollar getting a degree that you will never use

I hate students that are just on it for the ride grrrrr.
Or people that drink my tax dollar

im all for helping someone when they need a hand but its gotten to a point where the system is taken advantage of
Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer.

Demco

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
2011 Election year
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 04:44:30 PM »
Im voting No Confidence :finger
♜♞♝♛[Firing order: 1-5-3-6-2-4]♚♝♞♜[/b]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ARRRHHH THUUURRRTYYY TWOOO
Progress 98%

[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[/COLOR] || ]

Ultimategtr

2011 Election year
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 04:59:30 PM »
Labour will try to put the whole of NZ on the dole. May sound harsh, but National is actually working on improving NZ, which Labour had ****ed with for so long.