Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: My 30, to sell or not to sell?  (Read 1862 times)

AGRORB

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
My 30, to sell or not to sell?
« on: August 28, 2011, 12:11:13 PM »
In a bit of a dilemma at the moment guys, I've sold my ute and now i'm contemplating swapping my R30 for something legal, as I dont have a shed to do the work I wanna do on it and of course keep the bloody thing out of Gisbornes lovely paint and chassis destroying salt air. Problem is, well, I dunno if I can bring myself to get rid of it haha, needs a little work for a WOF including being raised, and some electrical issues fixed, as well as a small rust spot in the A pillar. I'm considering swapping it, plus cash, for a manual R32 GTS25 4 door, same as what I had last time, as I wouldn't mind finishing what I started with that car. But, on the other hand, I want a unique, old Skyline, which looks the part and will, eventually, go the part as well. The real issue with the 30 is parts availability and the fact it shares little to nothing with the newer cars in the R-chassis lineup. The issue with an R32 is they've all been thrashed and dickheads want the world for some absolute hacks. What to do guys? What to do....
Truck drivers - We go ALL night.

BWARP.NET.NZ | BLOG | FORUM | SHOP

Quote from: ibb&;559471
I\'d drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a CB radio

Quote from: nathan1017;591767
giving the knob to sdu.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BADHAB|T

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
For what it's worth.... In some ways I wish I never sold my R30's.
One was a project and the other was a daily driver (both manual L20ET)
But in saying that, I replaced them with my current R32 and I don't regret that purchace one bit!

Can you honestly see yourself following through and finishing the project? If not, it may be time to sell before you sink any more money into a dead end project

StageFumer11

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »
god mate, its a hard one. If you can find a example to move onto that fits what you require. Aka. there are some nice r30's out there.

Or be like me and try and finish it as a project, hell mine has been 5 years off the road now.
1985 R30 Skyline Coupe

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 03:53:24 PM »
Do you use mates for rides and are generally too useless to get around otherwise?

If so, do the trade.

Plus a manual 4 door gts25 will be a good starting point to move on to bigger and better things. You can finally start modifying and having some fun. Plus that means the guy who trades you for your car could build your R30 up, itll finally be driving around rather than just sitting there rusting away...

AGRORB

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 07:13:19 PM »
Oh it gets driven, just to work and the supermarket if need be, otherwise im on the bike, either way im driving illegally as I have no bike licence and the skyline is easily pink stickerable for one, and has no WOF or reg...

Its like, do I follow what my head and heart wants or what my bank balance dictates?

I\'d drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a CB radio

giving the knob to sdu.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

zique

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 07:22:24 PM »
So many people,at some point,have not followed their heart in something and lived to regret that decision.
I'd keep it lol

Btw one question to ask yourself..How do you feel when driving the car around?(minus the fear of a cop pulling you over)

If it makes you feel good,then its keeper,same applies to a woman haha
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:26:25 PM by zique »

4ever_sideways

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 07:36:07 PM »
Quote from: zique;566711
So many people,at some point,have not followed their heart in something and lived to regret that decision.
I'd keep it lol

Btw one question to ask yourself..How do you feel when driving the car around?(minus the fear of a cop pulling you over)

If it makes you feel good,then its keeper,same applies to a woman haha

So true......
Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

Some people are like clouds, once they f*ck off it\'s a beautiful day.

D1LEMA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 09:03:52 PM »
Easy.
Keep it.
Or you will hate yourself down the track.
Done.

AGRORB

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 06:12:57 PM »
Honestly, love driving it, just the looks it gets, how staunch it looks (to me at least), the noise, everything about it, apart from how gutless it is... Its like a chick that cheats on you, gets you in trouble, gets you down but at the end of the day you keep coming back for more, shes got me by the balls :laugh:

Do miss my R32 real bad though, thats where the dilemma comes into it, plus a 32 is easier to modify.

giving the knob to sdu.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DeeUnit

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 03:53:33 PM »
Hells to the no don't get rid of it.

Do what needs to be done to get it WOFable. It's what I had to do, spent all up about $5000 to get it where I want it, and it's about a month away from it. Such a bloody good feeling too man, that feeling you get in your gut when you see it in the morning, when it comes on boost, hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg its so ace.

Wouldn't trade it for the world.

PeteMun

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
Quote from: zique;566711
I'd keep it lol

this is me x3 :headbutt:

25det c33 - sold unfinished

rb something a31 - sold unfinished

25det vl - sold unfinished

:laugh: