Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Tutorial: How to post photos from Photobucket  (Read 1633 times)

hacksaw

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663316138
Tutorial: How to post photos from Photobucket
« on: September 05, 2011, 03:13:01 PM »
Don't know if anyone has made a quick guide for posting photos on SDU forums from Photobucket but I thought I would quickly make one anyway so us new guys / girls can post photos with our introduction.

First guide for me so go easy

Step 1: Open your browser and in your address bar type http://www.photobucket.com

This window will appear and if you do not have an account you will need to quickly make one. If you have one, sign in.

Step 2: Click on the green ''Upload now" button

On the left hand side of the page there is an "Upload from" text with the drop down menu next to it. You need to select the area you wish to upload your photos from (most of the time it will be from My Computer).

Step 3:
Click on the big green button in the middle of the page "Select photos and videos"

A new window will pop up for you to select your photos from. Search for your photo/s (you can upload more than one photo at a time), select them and click "Open"

Your photo/s will begin to upload to Photobucket and the screen will look like this while this is happening

Once the photo or all the photos have finished uploading you will see this screen

You can view the photo/s by clicking on the "View album" button or you can continue to upload more by clicking on the "Upload more"button

Step 4:
If you are going to post photos in the form of a reply to a post you need to click the "Go advanced" button underneath the quick reply window...

...to get to this screen below
NB: If you are creating a thread this window will come up automatically

Once you're in this screen you need click on the picture button. This is the little yellow square with the mountain and the sun in it, underneath the undo / back arrow button. This will bring up the URL box shown below

This box is only for pasting URL links to photos [on the internet]
To find the URL a.k.a the direct link for your photo on Photobucket, let your mouse hover over the photo you wish to link and a drop down menu will appear, shown below

Left click next to the "Direct link" text on the web address and the box will temporarily change it's text to "Copied"
Paste (Ctrl+v) this URL into the URL box on the SDU forums. Hit "Ok" and the next screen you see should look like this

When you have completed your post your images will show up on the thread (you can preview your post to check this)

I hope this helps anyone trying to upload photos from photobucket.

Any advise or constructive criticism about my thread or instructions will be appreciated, cheers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t - Track Hack

Sh*t happens, deal with it