Are You Going To Vote This Weekend ?

es
23 (59%)
o
12 (30.8%)
f I have the time
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Are You Going To Vote This Weekend ?  (Read 7306 times)

live4liners

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 06:42:22 PM »
voting national tomorrow. and voting stv instead of mmp.

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 06:45:42 PM »
FPP for me
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 07:12:21 PM »
Quote from: projects;584233
an email i got explaining how our tax system works. i found it very well written........
David R. Kamerschen, Ph.D.
Professor of Economics.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible

Load of BS this is - and according to Dr Kamerschen he didn't even come up with this and has no opinion on it. so fail on that to begin with.
http://davidk.myweb.uga.edu/

There are many ways to spin something like taxcut and who benefits the most and this is just a right wing way of doing it. have a read at this.
http://www.viralgrapevine.com/how-tax-cuts-work-by-david-r-kamerschen-refuted-the-real-way-tax-work-removing-the-internet-garbage/

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 07:17:35 PM »
Quote from: westybob;584260
The rich who own most of the wealth pay little tax and won't until there is a comprehensive capital gains tax and Financial Transactions tax and a number of other loopholes are plugged. Recent tax cuts for those wealthy who do pay income tax have increased our debt levels while not showing any of the promised improvement in the economy. This government is run by the rich for the rich and the bottom 80% of us are falling further behind.

You are wasting your breath, Bob - the worst part is that how many people are stuck on personality politics and not even paying attention to policies.
Here is from someone I know (of): "I think it is important for a PM to be friendly and down to earth because NZ is such a country. That's why I voted for John Key" ...

4ever_sideways

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »
Voting national.
Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

Some people are like clouds, once they f*ck off it\'s a beautiful day.

soljah64

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 08:46:32 PM »
im sure alot of us do understand the national government would still hold majority shares with state assets but rather then making policies in order to generate income to lower debts, a quick solution of SOE sales will not clear our debts plus will only deduct 49% of our income...then how do we plan to clear this debts ever...almost every economy is in debt and we are no different....probably key is ready to flick in his own millions once these assets go for sale...i supported national but key seems dodgy to me now, avoiding to answer...

im not sure i will vote as i personally do not think anybody else could do a better job anyway...

projects

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zerofighter.co.nz
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2011, 09:09:35 PM »
i just posted it as a joke email i received ages ago. but the principal of the idea is the same with regards to taxes and percentage cuts, is the main idea. you wont be able to please everyone but you have to understand that some people will be rewarded more than others. and they're the people turning our economy over. keep them in the country or running their business and money keeps going around and coming in.

With my own business and learning from parents and what not you have to spend money to make money. and at the moment we do not have any money to spend to make any thing off. a bit of sales will bring some in or mining some of our resources will bring it in. but so many people against using out assets we have.
Rb26det Holset S13 Track car.

http://www.zerofighter.co.nz

carlbgc

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2011, 10:08:09 PM »
Quote from: sonoramicommando;584299

There are many ways to spin something like taxcut and who benefits the most and this is just a right wing way of doing it. have a read at this.
http://www.viralgrapevine.com/how-tax-cuts-work-by-david-r-kamerschen-refuted-the-real-way-tax-work-removing-the-internet-garbage/

Hugely corrupt American Government is worlds away from New Zealand Government. Completely different system.

Article is not valid.

M SPEC GTR

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2011, 11:29:02 PM »
Left. Asset sales are just stupid. They are making a return of 11% to 17%pa, why would you sell that off? ACC lets stuff that up to. Youth rates because $13 is to much to live on. Anyone on a low/middle income and/or kids, morgage has no money at the end of the week the increase in the GST effects the middle low families.Their is no real effect on the high income familes at all.
 One good thing about asset sells is I'll be getting a possable 11% to 17% return on all hard earned cash saving.
GT-R

SteveRiellyNZ

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katanatechnologies.net
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2011, 06:48:21 PM »
National for Sure.

We're not selling off our assets, we're selling less than our majority share. We still own them, but get seriously needed revenue to get us out of debt. Labour is telling everyone we're selling them completely, which is not at all what is planned at all.
The net result will also increase our assets, but no one from labour understands that, cause they're all about giving more welfare from a revenue stream that we dont have.

They're actually complaining that in years to come the super payout will be four times the welfare payout!!! Really? Thats a problem? Those who are retiring that have worked all their lives and paid taxes are going to get their super, and your going to complain because it means the welfare payments are less???

So tired, very very tired, of hearing from bleeding hands with their hands out for more, why its fair that I work my arse off to get ahead, and have to pay taxes to support slack, useless wanks who can't be bothered getting a job.

Oh, but there's no jobs....yes there are, you just dont want to do them cause you think that your better than < insert low paying job here that you don't have >, so I'm supposed to pay for your skytv instead.

So go to uni, join the services, work at KMart...but nope, you'll bitch about not getting enough from WINZ instead while driving your car, drinking, smoking your next packet flicking through the Movie channel because "its your right".
Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer.

carlbgc

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2011, 07:27:05 PM »
Quote from: SteveRiellyNZ;584389
but get seriously needed revenue to get us out of debt.

This I agree with. But National's original stance of partially selling assets to pay of debt, suddenly changed to partially selling assets to build more schools.

SteveRiellyNZ

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2011, 07:56:10 PM »
From what I understand, the debt pay-off, means we can build more schools.
The extra revenue will be used across a number of areas, even buying more assets.

What all parties do, and I'm sure its planned but its still a pain, is they bleed out their policies over a period of time. Problem is as you bleed info out, everyone else chimes in about whats wrong with it, then you bleed out a bit more.....and then everyones confused as to what the policy actually is.

Asset sales is one, working for families, changes to environmental policy...and I bet no-one was able to make heads or tails of the referendum options.

live4liners

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2011, 01:24:32 AM »
the referendum options were very poorly clarified. "the orange man" said he was going to say more, he didnt say **** all. i wouldnt have known anything(not nothing but..) if i didnt sit down at a job and read their herald write up on it, i would have just voted mmp. now theres going to be an independant review on how mmp works, which is probably what they wanted to happen all along.

congrats to national anyway.
and congrats to all the other 1 seat parties that nobody wanted leading but will be regardless.

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2011, 03:15:01 AM »
Quote from: SteveRiellyNZ;584389

Oh, but there's no jobs....yes there are, you just dont want to do them cause you think that your better than < insert low paying job here that you don't have >, so I'm supposed to pay for your skytv instead.

So go to uni, join the services, work at KMart...but nope, you'll bitch about not getting enough from WINZ instead while driving your car, drinking, smoking your next packet flicking through the Movie channel because "its your right".

This is so so so true.

So many opportunities but many don't take them. Maybe they try for one or two jobs but then after rejections, they're too weak minded to keep trying. Which is why they ended up in their hole in the first place.

SteveRiellyNZ

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2011, 10:32:26 AM »
There are a couple of things to do, which would sort this simply:

Lower the retirement age. Complete opposite of what is being discussed, but think about it.
If people are in jobs longer, they aren't opening up positions for everyone to shuffle up a level or two, which opens up the junior roles, which is what the school leavers etc are supposed to be taking up.

Dont have those gaps, people can't move in to them, hence why school leavers are stuck out of work.

National Service : Dirtiest word in NZ, but only because the country is so used to being pandered to and getting hand outs, the thought of being told what to do they can't handle.

Everyone who leaves High School has only these options: University cause you qualified to get in, Services ( Army, Navy, Airforce, Police...even through in Health system which is under staffed ). Then you actually contribute to society, learn some frikin discipline, and after a tour ( 3 to 4 years ), you'll be ready to either go to uni ( which some of the services will do, and pay for ), or get a job.

If someone actually had the balls to do these two things, so much would be sorted instantly.

The other one is the 20/20/20 rule..first 20k No tax, 20%GST ( total user pays ) and 20% flat tax on income for all ( now thats fair, why should people be punished for earning more ).
But the balancer is also, anyone over $50k gets zero benefits, only those under qualify for them up to obtaining $50k etc etc.....spent time with a spreadsheet working this out and it comes out nicely.
There's a $7B incoming tax saving that stays in the economy, but the removal of benefit payments balances the loss of income

Of course $7b in the pockets means they'll spend more, creating income, which created jobs, which boosts the economy....but as before, labour supports will bitch about where's there handout and
why are the rich getting tax cuts instead of them getting more for doing nothing ( you may have noticed this is a constant theme.... apparently it's called "benefit bashing", cause actually telling the facts
is something certain people dont want to make public ).

And the 20% GST, doesn't apply to food.....any food. Thats where those on a lower income get the staples they need and dont loose out on the .5 income tax increase, and 5% GST increase.
It's total user pays on luxury goods ( not food ), because yes a HD TV is a luxury, not a right, ditto with that Surround Sound, etc etc
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:40:04 AM by SteveRiellyNZ »