Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Cleanout  (Read 2757 times)

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
    • http://
Cleanout
« on: November 25, 2011, 09:56:52 AM »
knew i shoulda sanded that bonnet first

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »
I'll put plate in middle when I get me personalised ones again :)

Nah the writing on the bonnet gives it character. I haven't touched it since I got it off you. Need to get Bryans old GTR one fixed up and put it on :)

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »
yea it gives it character for the car it came off, hence me asking you to remove it, the signatures meant something to me, not to you if i hadve known they wouldnt be getting taken off i wouldnt have sold it

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 10:16:26 AM »
Sorry I don't remember you asking me to take the sigs off, maybe you did but I don't remember. I left it on for as long as I could because I thought you'd be disappointed if I took them off!

I was meant to paint the bonnet straight after I got it but the panelbeater said I need to paint stripper it first so I didn't do it and opted to get another bonnet I could sand down and paint.

Nothing wrong with having the sigs anyway, people always ask what they are and I said the last guy who had the bonnet had track days and it was after a charity one everyone signed it, and they read the sigs :) Its nice

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 10:17:39 AM »
ya know what screw it

i didnt make my comments to start a **** fight with you, im not interested in that, the reason i asked you to remove the signatures is because its from a charity track day where i asked every kid that came in my car or person involved to sign their name on the bonnet, the simple fact is 4 of the kids that signed that bonnet are no longer with us, which is a pretty big deal to me that now theyre being used as "poser" or "character" value

and before you get on the moral high horse of "why did you even sell it then" the simplicity of it is at the time you were a mate, and that mate needed help, so i did what i could and of course the follow up will be "why didnt you clean them off before you gave it to me" well simply put i didnt get time, it wasnt sitting there waiting for a friend to have an accident in their skyline and to have spare parts, before you accident that was the one part of that car that wasnt going to be sold

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 10:22:45 AM »
Umm in my view, sanding down the bonnet and removing those signatures is the worst thing to do then if the kids aren't with us now.
I'm not using it as poser value, I thought it was nice to have the sigs on there because they meant something but now that you told me who signed it, it means even more.

If you want, you can have the bonnet back after I replace it with Bryans one. I don't need a refund or anything just take it back, I don't want to remove the signatures.

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 10:25:14 AM »
yea you just dont get it, but i dont expect you to

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 10:34:41 AM »
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 10:35:26 AM »
leave it nick, its not worth it

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 10:36:01 AM »
Okay sorry mang :(
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »
Conclusion:

* Didn't paint stripper bonnet because I couldn't be bothered with hassle

* Left signatures on because I thought they were nice, don't remember you saying sand them off and I thought you'd like me to keep them on.

* Have a different bonnet to go on and you can have this one back when it goes on

* I will not be removing the signatures at all now after you told me who signed it. That's like throwing away your kid's stuff after he/she passes away or something.

So up to you. You can have it back later, sand it and sell it again.

DeeUnit

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »
Guys, chill.

If Stalk3rs getting this upset about it, maybe boosty should remove them? Just to stop this slinging back and forth.

But, I think it's pretty neat that he's left it on. Now that he knows what it actually is about, it adds even more to it all.

But hey, what do I know.

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 10:41:22 AM »
Yeah I don't go around saying GUISE LOOK AT MY SIGNATURES BONNET. If anyone asks, I tell them. They respond with "oh nice" or something, read them then move on. Nothing bad.

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 10:44:08 AM »
Quote from: b00stinz;584162
Conclusion:

* Didn't paint stripper bonnet because I couldn't be bothered with hassle

* Left signatures on because I thought they were nice, don't remember you saying sand them off and I thought you'd like me to keep them on.

* Have a different bonnet to go on and you can have this one back when it goes on

* I will not be removing the signatures at all now after you told me who signed it. That's like throwing away your kid's stuff after he/she passes away or something.

So up to you. You can have it back later, sand it and sell it again.

another fine example of you reading what you want to read and taking it as persistent negativity rather than reading what it actually is, hopefully one day others around here will wake up to it and see through it as well

i very clearly asked you to remove the signatures, as i said earlier, the bonnet was going to be the only part of the car not for sale, it was only because of your accident it came up, so trying to make a snyde dig at me saying i can have it back and sand it and sell it again is proving nothing but your own bitterness, if i was to have it returned it would end up on a wall, but hey dont let the facts get in the way of a good hate dig right?

DeeUnit

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Cleanout
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
At least it doesn't say TURNHEADZ or WEST SLYDE or something similarly ghey.

But man, if it causes **** between mates, sometimes it's just easier to bite the bullet and do it.