Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 1963 times)

SkylineObsession

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »
Old game i know (2008?), but i've been hopelessly addicted to playing it for the past few weeks. My PlayStation tan is 'improving' i'd say (a.k.a. wheres the door to the outside world?). :p

Started a save on my brothers Xbox 360 a few years back and only just started playing it again a few weeks ago. Other games be dammed - don't have time anymore. ;)

To steal the same post i put on my forums:

When i finally started playing it again after not playing for a couple years or so, i found it very nerve wracking and i was being overly cautious everywhere i went incase i stumbled apon a abonimation/robot/animal/raider/hostile human etc. I think the main reason was because ammo, guns and health is in shortish supply early on, but as i'm up to level 13 or so now things have become a bit easier.

Of course, with all the leveling up, the monsters sometimes level up too, so instead a a giant sized Rad Scorpion (prolly just bigger than the average human?) theres now occasionally a Giant Rad Scorpion (twice the size of the other one) with them. And with more exploration of the huge map, you are bound to run into enemies you've never encountered before, that can kill you with just a few swipes of their hands (for the Deathclaw).  

I really love the exploration in the game , and how you can pick up pretty much any object and take it with you/use it in some way. The very flexible leveling up system is awesome, and is great motivation to keep playing - to try max out all your skills.

I know its a relatively old game, but still looks great and if you've never played it before you're really missing out!  

It sucks a LOT of your spare time up though (think it takes 100+ hours to finish the game?).

Sectiplave

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 12:43:41 PM »
Yeah I played a lot of this when it came out, I loved the old Fallout 1 & 2 isometric styled games.

I'd say at this point if you haven't played the series I would fully recommend skipping straight to Fallout: New Vegas, it improves on a whole bunch of things from Fallout 3 while still retaining the addictive massive time consuming world.

Pretty much a post apocalyptic styled Skyrim.

Demco

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:30:31 PM »
Yea... lol

Skyrim...Just Fallout but with swords! thing is i hate fallout but love skyrim
♜♞♝♛[Firing order: 1-5-3-6-2-4]♚♝♞♜[/b]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ARRRHHH THUUURRRTYYY TWOOO
Progress 98%

[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[/COLOR] || ]

Ryeoon

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »
Fallout 3 is good, but New vegas is better. Also play RAGE if you like these games. Currently playing it atm and it's awesome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BLKR32

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 12:22:43 PM »
Haha was cranking this about 2 months ago and found the same thing, go into a room and instantly start to be over cautious and looking out for anything.
I hate super mutants with mini-guns in pairs, cause everytime they came out I always seemed to be low on ammo.
But I have since moved to Skyrim in recent weeks and my social life has taken a hammering.

Demco

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 12:33:47 PM »
skyrim pushed my PS3 into YLOD.... WOOHOO
♜♞♝♛[Firing order: 1-5-3-6-2-4]♚♝♞♜[/b]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ARRRHHH THUUURRRTYYY TWOOO
Progress 98%

[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[/COLOR] || ]

Lethal300

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 02:24:02 PM »
^^^He was going to play skyrim then his PS3 took an arrow in the knee.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
She may be a devil, but I still love her.
Akio Asakura (Wangan Midnight)

Sectiplave

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 04:33:06 PM »
Quote from: Demco;586286
skyrim pushed my PS3 into YLOD.... WOOHOO
Yeah the games that push the hardware were the ones to reveal the flaws. Final Fantasy 13 pushed four of my workmates PS3's hard enough to give up the yellow light. I could'nt help but laugh as they had been giving the Xbox360 owners soo much grief about the RROD not too long prior :D

A Corpse

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »
I put 200 hours into Fallout 3. Excellent game, despite the ****ty engine. Giving Oblivion another go before maybe trying out Mass Effect 1 again. I got 10 hours into that but just couldn't maintain an interest. I still have ME2, Fallout New Vegas and Witcher 2 on my "to be played" list. I won't be buying Skyrim until they're done with, might as well wait and get it on the cheap later.

Edit: Also Bioshock 1, Just Cause 2, Metro 2033, and untold little games. Damn steam and their sales!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 03:36:43 PM by A Corpse »

A Corpse

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 04:48:11 PM »
Gah, and Bioshock 2 and Dead Space. o.O

Sectiplave

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »
Yeah dude, more games than I have time to play these days, I just avoid getting them now and refuse to look at steam sales anymore.

SkylineObsession

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 09:41:23 PM »
Geez, even after sinking the good part of a Saturday into the game i still barely progressed. :(

Still have Broken Steel and The Pitt add on packs to do yet, as well as heaps of quests and more locations on the map to discover.

I need more time!!

A Corpse

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 10:41:11 AM »
Took me 200 hours to cover everything satisfactorily, including almost all quests (didn't feel like doing the ones with nothing but bad endings like Tenpenny Tower and the slaver town). But I'm an utter loot wh*re so I lugged almost everything back to town hehe.