Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: 1986 hr31 sedan  (Read 7397 times)

Hr31rb30

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 03:43:09 PM »
last skid before it got stripped down haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaYmYwYn-_0     - part one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8xQyRamhY    - part 2

excuse the loud drunk people haha was xmas and a few beers had been downed and decided to do its last skid as a rb30e  before it got stripped
ARRRHHH THUUURRRTYYY ONNNEEEE

- Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
- Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
- Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
- Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

A31_25DET

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 06:14:56 PM »
nice man, so how is the rb30 build coming?
Current Rides:
1996 R33 GTS25-T
1990 E39A VR4 EVO 0

Nothing better than the feeling of hitting boost.......................and still thinking you have control!!

Hr31rb30

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 08:00:32 AM »
cheers bro and the rb30s still just sitting up on the shelf just going to get the 25det in there running first to a point where im happy with it and then start the big build on the rb30 been a bit slack this weekend  to be honest needed a roll of masking paper but everything was shut hahaha

Hr31rb30

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 12:49:59 PM »
so been a bit slow lately haha but its allgood im getting there

last of the panel work is finally done and im doing all the parts now bumpers,trims,ect  paint will be going on this weekend bar the engine bay still few little  things to do there

its looking pretty straight now so hopefully will be the last time I sand this thing haha ..
got my brakes sorted there off a s13 ca18det and are floating hub as mine were not getting some slotted rotors and better pad just for the front  got lcas and knuckles hubs and rotors for pretty cheap which means now theres lots more options for suspension knuckles ect ive got a set of adjustables on the way to so that's that part of the car sorted just ecu and wheels left now...

got these as the adjustables  don't have camber plates on the rear set  so this will do for that....got these brand new in the box a bunch of silicon joiners and some nice black speed flow fittings and a oil pressure warning light for 100 bucks so couldn't complain about that

also bought this little thing..

goes good has a 5.5hp motor on it but im going to cut it up and put the motor on my drift trike and probly put a motorbike engine on it but one thing at a time ae hahaha

anyway should be paint on it this weekend so the exciting updates should start rolling in soon

so should be on the road in the not to distant future finger crossed hahaha

Hr31rb30

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 08:14:13 AM »
so had a busy night the night  before my birthday setting it all up hanging parts and stuff but we got it all done and ready to be sprayed the next day..

woke up the next morning hung over hoping nothing had fallen down overnight hahah but it was mint then my mate got here and we started laying on the paint bloody water trap on the compressor was playing up so theres a tiny bit of crap in the paint but I still have to buff it and clear it so it will all come out

so just have a few more parts I will get done this weekend bumpers and stuff but I can start putting it all back together now shouldn't be to far away now as im starting to put all the door cards/easy stuff  back on right now

Bender

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
WOW she looking good. Like the colour.

Hr31rb30

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 11:25:46 AM »
cheers man shouldn't be too long now!

project r30

• RB20E
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 08:33:24 PM »
look's good man,are you still going with the 25det? my brother has used the same brake's and lca's,i think he used r32 sedan tie rods because of the lca's extra length to make it work,im sure your aware of this tho. go-kart looks fun to,does it get sideways?

Hr31rb30

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 09:02:45 AM »
cheers man and yeah still going 25 for now will start building the 30 when the 25s all in and running and yea can get brand new adaptors from aus(garage 7 lots of good stuff for old r31s ) or else can use n14 pulsar tie rods/ or r32 wasn't 100% on r32s but its good to here from some one that's seen it done with them so now least I know that works too still waiting on the suspension to get here then all that can go in

and yeah the go kart did go side ways hahaha but a chain link snapped and I cant seem to find anyone with that sort of link have been to go kart motorbike and lawnmower shops and they just say no try at a different shop so I might just put that motor on the drift trike (cause then I don't need a new link ) and get a proper motorbike 200cc for the kart  just trying to get the car closer to finished before I take it apart hahaha

Hr31rb30

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 11:41:55 AM »
the r31 will now have a lot more lows and hopefully got rid of that dam rear end squat that happens quite badly to them cheers to moonlight racing for bringing them in.

now just need some of these

...and ill be happy with the outside

need to get back into working on this thing got to many things going on at once

Hr31rb30

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 10:03:28 AM »
soooo things have slowed down lately with this as we were trying to do 2 cars at once and im starting to look at getting a house so was on the back of my mind but its finally all painted and all black now so can start on the motor side of things....

i won a free intercooler off the fenix radiators facebook page so that was pretty sweet and i was in the process of getting a radiator so though may as well get one from fenix anyway so that worked out good

got this for cheap as it poped up as my factory one was complety stuffed with tape wrapped around it haha

so its finaly all black and smoothed out as much as i wanted it to be welded the patches up in where the rust holes were

not bad for a car thats been painted in a dusty factory with alot of the work done my self

and this is how shes sitting at the moment just doing the cambelt/waterpump and that sort of stuff while its out and also getting the clutch sorted as well thanks to auto clutch! saved me 640$ which i didnt have to spend and then just a few other little things then hayden from drift direct will be up in the next couple of weeks to look at wiring the link ecu in once ive done my side of things so coming to the exciting stuff now and i really need to drive it anyway haha

Demco

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 12:55:29 AM »
man i love your car i cant wait to see it "done" if thats such a thing in our world hah
♜♞♝♛[Firing order: 1-5-3-6-2-4]♚♝♞♜[/b]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ARRRHHH THUUURRRTYYY TWOOO
Progress 98%

[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[/COLOR] || ]

Hr31rb30

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 07:23:42 AM »
hahahaha cheers man i hear you on that one i think im getting close then notice a bunch of other things i "may aswell do while im there" and i sets me and the bank account back again but hopefully not to far now having withdrawals from not driving my rb so i need to get into it haha

Hr31rb30

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 02:15:16 PM »
so clutch is here and im doing the cambelt kit tomorrow and few other belts then she should be good to drop in and get it all hooked up so hopefully not too long and it will be running again.

A31_25DET

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
1986 hr31 sedan
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 04:41:35 PM »
That motor is looking nice :) is that just a factory clutch plate you're going to run?
Current Rides:
1996 R33 GTS25-T
1990 E39A VR4 EVO 0

Nothing better than the feeling of hitting boost.......................and still thinking you have control!!