Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: New GTR Club - for all Nissan cars  (Read 3200 times)

SkylineObsession

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
New GTR Club - for all Nissan cars
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 08:27:22 PM »
I think there's only barely enough room for three clubs personally. SDU (est. 2000 or earlier - for all of NZ), SSE (est. 2004 - for South Island owners) and maybe a GT-R club (all of NZ).

I tried signing up to GT-R Elite, but my registration was likely declined since i wasn't 'referred' by anyone.

It seems all three clubs (SDU and SSE especially) are related in some way though, SSE was formed entierly from the South Island section of SDU and i'm guessing most 'Elite' members are/were SDU/SSE members too?

madandy

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 09:13:23 PM »
None of these groups is actually a club, by definition anyway, and it shows...
1990 HP10 Track Whore. A1GP circuit: 1:52.7
1992 BNR32 GT-R. STHitec tuned: 380.5wkw

SkylineObsession

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »
SSE isn't a 'club' officially, we aren't incorporated and may not go down that path again (after reading up a lot about the incorporation process, and asking other clubs).

We don't need 'club' bashing though as it doesn't do anyone any favours.

madandy

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 09:32:21 PM »
Quote from: westybob;591447
If everyone on this forum joined SDU that would be a good start.

Been members for years...
1990 HP10 Track Whore. A1GP circuit: 1:52.7
1992 BNR32 GT-R. STHitec tuned: 380.5wkw

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 10:38:42 PM »
Quote from: xxfr;591466
Says the guy who has another forums name as his signature here, lol.

You would really like to discuss your dirty laundry out on this forum, wouldn't you? Told you numerous times on your elite forum that I have no interest in stooping to any such level. You have time for these petty inconsequential things, I don't.  

You have nothing good to say here obviously, please kindly get off this thread. If you go on, you will prove the above. Choice is yours.

in all fairness thats pretty rich coming from the guy that was having a dig at gtr elite the other night with no one from there present to defend

Quote from: madandy
None of these groups is actually a club, by definition anyway, and it shows...

"none of these groups ARE actually a club", but seriously what kind of tosspot statement is that to make, no ones asking you to be here, club, group, clusterf**k who cares what word is used, its about community, if you dont want to be part of it the doors over there

Quote from: madandy
Been members for years...

all paid SDU members have SDU member below their login name, i cant help but notice yours doesnt have this, therefore westybobs statement is still valid. Forums membership!= SDU membership

NSMO

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
Somedays I wonder if there are just pissed off people with nothing better to do than argue on the internet. **** sake, GTR Elite, SDU and GTR-NZ are all about having a passion for something, it happens to be the same thing too by the way.

I was one of the people who was 'removed' from GTR Elite (this isn't the place for it but if anyone wants to know my perspective then just ask me), now after a lot of counselling I managed to get over it  but I missed having somewhere to talk crap with mates. Yes I'm infrequently on SDU too but I don't really know you guys thaaat well, maybe I'm just shy haha

Now here pops up another place I can talk ****e to mates, maybe learn something, maybe share some stuff I learnt through my car failures...thats all it is, no need to bag it, its existance isn't detrimental to you and your life surely? There are plenty of Skyline forums the world over, we all like the same thing, we're all remarkably similar, love to talk cars, hang out and look at cars while talking about them, driving them then stopping, looking at them and talking about how we drove them etc etc

Maybe its cos I'm getting old but I really am over the partisan nature of car groups, seriously these days we have more to worry about than each other if we want to keep doing what we do now.

This thread could go south from here but I hope you all think before posting (Sorry Eddie :) )

Tim

xxfr

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 02:53:22 PM »
Quote from: Stalk3r;591486
in all fairness thats pretty rich coming from the guy that was having a dig at gtr elite the other night with no one from there present to defend

And I stand by what I said then just because I have grounds to do so. If it bothered you or you wanted more information in a business that was in the first place none of your concern, you should have voiced your concerns then.  

You seemed to always have a say on everything anyone has to say here because you are so opinionated. Sitting at a computer all day analysing every word that is posted here and adding your 100c to each.

Told you before take a chill pill. You are a very helpful guy and you have my respect for that. In my opinion mean well for the greater good of this club but please Stalk3r STOP JUDGING everyone.
OO   SKYLINE   OO