Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Marks RB26 Cefiro  (Read 15572 times)

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« on: February 26, 2012, 07:30:37 PM »
Thought i would chuck up some photos of a Cefiro that i picked up recently.

Got it for a pretty good deal, is under green sticker apparently, (old owner removed the sticker) for being impounded.

Plan is to get it legal, and use it as a street wagon at this stage. Give it a good general tidy up, and new fluids all round.

Requires certification, new tyres, driveshaft hoops,- does anybody have specs / drawings that i could use to make some up?

One issue i found when filling it right up today (fuel guage also doesnt work), is that as it was almost full, it spewed probably 5 litres of fuel out from under the tank area-like it has a overflow or someting silly, got hold of the old owner, and he thinks it may leak out the sender hole or something? I am going to have an inspection tomorrow, just thought somebody may know.
Just got me a little worried as the exhaust hits the ground a little over bumps.

Speedo will probably need to be calibrated too, appears like its a fair bit out.

RB26 89,000 k's,
R33 5 speed,
5 puk clutch,
rebuilt LSD,
Mines ecu - old owner says it made over 400 hp but boost contoller has been removed and is only running 8psi now, estimate 300hp.

R32 GTR wheels,
D2 Adjustibles,
Rear swaybar upgrade.
GTR brakes,

Also came with a complete hard piping intercooler kit.
732-

#leoniesponies

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »
Haha that's sleeper as. Look forward to seeing your progress with it

GTS4R

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 07:45:50 PM »
Hoops need to be made from 50x6, 4x M10 bolts holding it in, need to have plates on the inside to stop ripping the bolts out, needs to be with in 150mm of the uni joints.

4ever_sideways

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »
I look at this and regret not buying it now, good luck with it:). Stick with it, don't let it end up like the laurel. I'll have to check it out next time I'm home
Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

Some people are like clouds, once they f*ck off it\'s a beautiful day.

projects

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zerofighter.co.nz
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 08:18:49 PM »
nice buy man. i had a 26 in my A31 before deciding to strip it all into a S13. the issue with the low exhaust will be that the factory twin turbo front pipe is quite long and hangs down a lot lower that the factory rb20/25 front pipes. what i done with mine was cut out nearly 2 inches on each pipe to lift the whole front pipe up.

if you were near would of been simple to just pick it up from me. im not needing it anymore, but it is a simple fix.
Rb26det Holset S13 Track car.

http://www.zerofighter.co.nz

Ethan

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »
Thats a pretty mean, it will look really good once its tidied up.

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »
Bit of an update, finally got a day off today to do some work on the car.

Removed towbar,
Removed fuel tank, looks like it has had a real bashing. Where it joins in the middle, it appears like it could be leaking around there.

Removed pump for a general inspection too, now the fuel gauge doesnt operate at all, and there is some hell dodgey wiring going on in this area, for example, there is an exposed (twisted together join) that runs the fuel level float-its a yellow wire, could this be part of the reason i am not getting a level at the dash?

I am having a auto electrician rewire all of this, because im pretty unhappy with the ghetto-taped up joins everywhere.

Also, 3 bolts (8mm) out of 6 holding the fuel pump cover down in the tank... :splat:

So will replace tank, all o rings, some parts of the fuel hoses, as they look shot too, probably fuel intank filter on pump if i can buy one by itself (?), redo wiring, then should be a little bit happier.

Also while underneath, spotted a custom complete 3" stainless steel exhaust, first time i had had a decent look underneath. Non-hicas too, which is a win for me.

Would update photos, but my dslr is playing silly buggers, and isn't being recognised by my computer anymore :(

Had a silly idea of selling the car, and it is up on trademe, but upon reflection it will just require a little bit of work, then cert. So i think i will definately stick with it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:10:58 PM by SKDSUP »
732-

#leoniesponies

4ever_sideways

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »
Quote from: SKDSUP;593768

Had a silly idea of selling the car, and it is up on trademe, but upon reflection it will just require a little bit of work, then cert. So i think i will definately stick with it.

Seen that on trademe the other day, good to hear you're keeping it, bit of inspiration maybe.....

rev2xs

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 10:52:35 AM »
^^ SR20det
really nice set up that cars from oz

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 09:14:11 PM »
Got a little more done today, renoved all intercooler top side piping to try fit up the hard pipe kit that came with  it. Didnt really fit up too flash so chucked the old stuff back on.

Removed the two drive belts for replacement, and also removed fuel filter to put a newie in.

Removed bumper support as spied a bit of surface rust, scratched it up, primered it, then painted it in gloss back and fitted up.

Looks alot better.

Thats about it for today.
732-

#leoniesponies

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 09:48:40 AM »
Last night got some more done, removed intercooler, battery, and radiator overflow as it was broken and all ugly rusty. May fabricate a custom aliminum unit to go in its place.

Found alot more taped up joins around and into the fuse box aswell.. :boohoo:
Have got a friend who wired up the 25DET Neo into my laurel coming over at the end of the month to completely rewire all this crap.

Intercooler had a fair amount of oil in it.. put this down to blow by from the breathers up top recirculating back into intake?

Otherwise, steady as she goes. Will endevour to get photos up of progress.
732-

#leoniesponies

D1LEMA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 10:17:26 AM »
Must have a tonne of blow by :s

Any smoke off the turbo or smoke on de-cel ?

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »
Just a couple of updates,

Another fuel tank has arrived,

R32 GTR intercooler fitted up just on the silicone at the moment. Hole saw and grinded bigger holes to suit, then rust convertered area, and paint.

Complete new intercooler piping too.

New HKS filters and intake pipes, as the old filters were plain **** quality, and full of crap. Happiest with this buy!

Radiator drained, and removed for 2 x electric fans to be fitted from Nick at North Shore Toyota.

Showing some of the crap mild steel piping that was on it.

And old i/c.

This gives you an idea of some of the waka-spec wiring in this thing, this i think is the main alternator power wire. Directly under the fuel lines.. :headbutt:

New tyres, and new driveshaft hoops.

Cusco magnetic oil filter to fit

Greddy magnetic oil sump plug.

Also fitted new BLOX 50mm aliminum wheel nuts, and found one absolutely munted wheel thread on the front left hub..

Got 2 electric fans on the way, so will fit them on my radiator, then fit tank, AFMs and filters. Then next weekend my friend Rob is coming to sort the wiring, hopefully everything is ready to rock then! But for now i have work all weekend :dozey:

Until then..
Cheers
732-

#leoniesponies

4ever_sideways

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 08:27:35 PM »
Looking good Mark.

cr4shr

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 09:20:23 PM »
Nice mate how much you get those hoops for?