Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Marks RB26 Cefiro  (Read 15571 times)

StixBNR32

Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
She is going to b a weapon.....:)  I know when my car is in RWD is abit crazy haha

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 07:32:56 PM »
Quote from: cr4shr;595353
Nice mate how much you get those hoops for?

They were $65.15 each from EDGE performance in CHCH mate.
732-

#leoniesponies

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 07:38:44 PM »
Had today off work so got stuck into it.

Fitted my radiator fans up on my radiator, then refitted radiator.

Cleaned intercooler body holes out a little more as pipe was close to fouling on the body, will fit door seal around the diameter of the holes to look tidier later in week.

Jacked front end up and noticed a slight oil leak, maybe from the rear main seal. Also noted complete stainless front pipe which is cool.

What isn't cool is the washers that are spacing up the a (?) arms so the front sway bar clears the sump. Will chuck a pic up in the next couple days of this.

Fitted up HKS intake filters and AFMs. Noticed the gauze was near poked on the inlet side of AFM, also think the old owners have just siliconed sprayed the **** out of the engine bay when they have cleaned it, because there is mass build up on the inside of the afm, not to mention the thick amount of crap everywhere in the engine bay.

Achieved a little today, getting there, next thing this week is fuel tank :splat: ..

Cheers
732-

#leoniesponies

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »
Bit of an update.

Got car completely rewired by my friend Rob. Does really tidy work.

Fitted up new tank, doesnt seem to have any leaks which is great, however fuel gauge still not working, changed over fuel sender and float parts but still not working? only thing i can think is that maybe the float is stuck on something..

Got some new wheels, pretty happy with the fit, Work Rezax 18 x 9.5 +31 out back, 18 x 8.5 +31 up front, need some slip on spacers up front to clear the brakes. All tyres will need to be changed, going to go for some 215-30-18 all round i think.

After having the car rewired, its runing terrible.Seems weird, only thing i changed was intercooler and piping, cleaned AFMs thoroughly, and this hose here, this was plumbed into the former intercooler piping, but doesnt seem to draw vacuum or anything. The rubber hose runs in up under near the oil filter.

Car wont boost, runs terribly, only just idles and is gushing over fuel richness out the back. Now i ran a multimetre on both the afm's, and they are both drawing similar amps (?).

This is the weird bit, when i had the wiring done, Rob had me run the numbers off the ecu to check what the computer was from as he was interested, turns out the ecu cover is R33 GTR RB26 , and the internal parts of the ecu is R33 GTS25T RB25DET, the ecu has been wired up to run off 1 afm?

Im really confused as the car was actually running ok before, unless the afms by me cleaning them, and putting new intake filters on are registering silly readings now i just dont get it, or the new intercooler has chucked the tune right out?

Plan at this stage is to get the car ready to be mobile, and sell this motorbike i dont use, to help fund me a wire in link extreme.

Thats about how it sits at the moment. :jack:
732-

#leoniesponies

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 09:29:15 PM »
Legal minimums are 225 front and 245 rear if you're even slightly interested.

4BOOSTN

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 12:26:24 PM »
Quote from: westybob;596612
Legal minimums are 225 front and 245 rear if you're even slightly interested.

ohh wow thats interesting, i run 215/45/r17 over 9's and 225/45/r17 over 10's and have never had an issue wof wise?

StixBNR32

Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 12:46:20 PM »
I wouldnt bother fixing the dodgy ECU just get a link wired in a dyno it - watch the power figure sky rocket and then watch the power poll come towards the side of your car.  Be fun :)

4ever_sideways

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 02:03:29 PM »
Quote from: 4BOOSTN;596668
ohh wow thats interesting, i run 215/45/r17 over 9's and 225/45/r17 over 10's and have never had an issue wof wise?

Most wof places don't care, it's just the certifiers that get pedantic about it
Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

Some people are like clouds, once they f*ck off it\'s a beautiful day.

4BOOSTN

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 12:02:26 PM »
hmm yeah true true man.
the wheels look good dude man!

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 04:02:45 PM »
Thought i'd update this, even for my own future reference of how its come along.

Lots happening of late, finished my apprenticeship in maintenance mechanical engineering, so finally a tradesman, pretty happy i stuck to it. Bought a house, so moneys pretty jewie at the momet, but managed to secure a awesome 3 bay garage on the section that will be perfect for me!

Short story, had it up for sale again, decided to do a compression test, turns out no.2 cylinder is at 20psi at cold.

Oh dear :( .

So cannot sell it as it is like that, simply because i dont want to shaft anybody.

Rang local engine re-builder caraid in CHCH, and had a talk to a chap Paul from there. Will be pulling motor in next few weekends and sending it across to them for a complete overhaul, and hot side inspection too.

Hopefully the motors not too far gone, have discontinued even running the car in fear of doing anymore damage to it.

May have to run a hone in on the bores, and oversize spec some pistions.
Either way, it will be a good starting point knowing ill be having a fresh motor.

So, the story is, pull the engine, overhaul it, probably end up having a big bill because ill want single turbo set up etc etc etc, then street bomb it dirty styles on a run in, before having some fun track days. ( it wont actually work out that easy i bet ).

Here is some updates.

Like a boss 3 bay garage at home

Stickers wil be being removed, a few of the guys had some stickers made up, makes for terrible viewing, and its not the style i want to go with the car.

showing new ultra racing power brace

showing new rear 4 point ultra racing rear brace

mount points of 4 point rear.

Will be removing back section of exhaust to flange by diff as rear muff is buggered, and will run a blast pipe for the haters.

Sad motor.

Have square headlights on the way form up north, stupid hard to find, to replace the ugly bulb circle style like every other cefiro on this land.

Dropped the rear suspension a little, but not really digging the fit, so will case some 20mm spacers out back, to replace the 8mm slip rings i have now, should bring it out enough to be happy.

Finally, this little critter here has been taking up alot of my time, and keeping me awake at nights.

Thats about it for now, motivation has been replenished, pretty guttered i got sold a dud car from a so called friend, but thats how it goes. Possibly my own fault for getting tunnel vision when i saw it, and disregarding how cheap it was, and not doing any mechanical tests first.

Anyways, until next update. :jack:
732-

#leoniesponies

4ever_sideways

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 05:15:52 PM »
Sucks to hear about the dud motor man. Good to see you're sticking with it. Concrete that floor chuck some doors on, and you'll have an awesome garage.
Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

Some people are like clouds, once they f*ck off it\'s a beautiful day.

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 05:49:45 PM »
Yeah thats the plan John, concrete 2 of the bays and bang some big sliding doors on it. Cheers.
732-

#leoniesponies

gtsr

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »
Awesome. :)

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »
Being that this car wont probably ever get put through cert, am thinking of chopping out the steel inner guards, and tube framing a radiator support, which will bolt to side of engine bay chassis to help with engine removals in the future.

Rang a local certifier, and tube framing is not aloud from what i understand, because it is affecting the frontal impact parts of the chassis.

Been throwing a few ideas around, and doing a little research on the internet about it all.
Also been reading a very good thesis over at nissansilvia.com, regarding braces and chassis flex. http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=513856&st=30 its at the bottom post of this page and is open to download. Very helpful.
732-

#leoniesponies

SKDSUP

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Marks RB26 Cefiro
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 07:15:15 PM »
Got pretty busy last sunday on the car. Removed intercooler, drained radiator, pulled all wiring through guards.

Will take hot side off this weekend to get near dump pipes, then go for an unbolt after the bellhouse bolts have been taken out too.

Planning to paint the bay a wild as colour, my old laurel was bright green underneath, and looked pretty effective, so just running ideas through the brain at the moment on what colour.

Am going to replace all arms/crossmember up front as looks like its had a hit up front.

I put the 9.5" rezax up front for a look, and with the 25mm spacer it look spretty good. So when these came up on trademe, i couldn't help myself..

Had to get my mits on my rebuild money savings, but that can wait a little longer... 18 x 11.5 +19 work rezax, a little different style, and painted black face. Am going to send these wheels to Elite in Chch to get resurfaced like my 9.5"s, and pull the black off them too.

Pretty happy with the fit out back now, if a little mexican. Just bought a new guard roller, so a little rollout will help with that.

My headlights turned up, look great-alot better than most other circle style ones. Will work well with my new facelift bumper, facelift grille, heading towards my revised front end.

No body kit here*.

Until next time.

Cheers

(*) - unless can find an genuine autech kit.
732-

#leoniesponies