Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Osiris's R33 GTR  (Read 18237 times)

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
    • http://
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 09:21:33 AM »
ummm, think you may have misinterpreted someones explanation or may have gotten confused, im not sure its even possible for the fin chunks to get Sucked back into the engine, id say its more likely something went thru the intake side, did all the damage and screwed the turbo on its way out

D1LEMA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 09:22:03 AM »
What kinda turbo is that  ?

4ever_sideways

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 09:44:08 AM »
Quote from: Osiris09;595782
Not sure on the pistons. Would need to check the invoice. Not forged though. Wasn't that rich as I had just spent it all on buying the car. The turbo is a scarles gt3540. Would like to change it to a Garrett 3540 or a t04z though. The turbo is at its limit I think as it was a cheapy in comparison to the Garrett. Guys at shred thought I might get up 2 100 kw more by going with a better turbo and a couple other small changes.

Quote from: D1LEMA;595803
What kinda turbo is that  ?

There ya go
Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

Some people are like clouds, once they f*ck off it\'s a beautiful day.

D1LEMA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »
Haha shows my lack of reading effort.

scarles huh ..

StixBNR32

Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 10:36:25 AM »
Oh what a swt setup - no matter what people say I still love a R33 GTR.  Good work on the build after the bad luck. Should have kept it real though stuck with the beautiful revv'ing RB26 :P haha each to there own.

thrasher

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 11:06:51 AM »
Nice rebuild, bet she's a lot of fun :)

She's going to screeam once you can get a decent turbo in her ;)

Plenty of power in the interim though eh :D

Lith

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://teamlurkracing.orcon.net.nz
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 12:11:32 PM »
Man, an R33 GTR with an RB30 and a big single turbo - I am damn jealous right now, very cool.  Have you upgaded the cams, or are you going to?

If you are in the position to, live out my dream and get yourself on of the awesome new turbos available these days - there are some fricken wicked T3 flanged ball bearing turbos from Precision and Forced Performance that make the likes of the original Garrett GT3582R and T04Zs a bit outdated.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
  --  Socrates

... thanks for all the fish

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 02:08:58 PM »
Quote from: Lith;595832
Man, an R33 GTR with an RB30 and a big single turbo - I am damn jealous right now, very cool.  Have you upgaded the cams, or are you going to?

If you are in the position to, live out my dream and get yourself on of the awesome new turbos available these days - there are some fricken wicked T3 flanged ball bearing turbos from Precision and Forced Performance that make the likes of the original Garrett GT3582R and T04Zs a bit outdated.

Like this one:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=459817484

Lith

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »
Indeed,  that car is one of the vehicles which convinced me on the HTA turbos - before being on the RB30 turbo was on another mates EVO which it also performed really well on, though the EVO was only a 2litre and running on pump gas so wasn't really doing it justice.  A 3litre and/or lots of boost with good fuel and those things can make ridiculous power with good delivery.
  --  Socrates

Osiris09

• SDU Member
  • RB25DET
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 05:30:45 PM »
Stalk3r -   ummm, think you may have misinterpreted someones explanation or may have gotten confused, im not sure its even possible for the fin chunks to get Sucked back into the engine, id say its more likely something went thru the intake side, did all the damage and screwed the turbo on its way out

There is a bit of info on the net about this. im not the first. Only rear 3 cylinders were damaged after rear turbo failed. on decel there is enough vacuum to suck stuff back in. And the pieces in the piston that were dug out were definatly ceramic.

ONS2HU -   What ecu did you use for the tune?

Link G4 Storm plugin

Lith    -Man, an R33 GTR with an RB30 and a big single turbo - I am damn jealous right now, very cool. Have you upgaded the cams, or are you going to?

Cams are still standard. managed to repair the old head so just through that back on. Would like to upgrade everything but as with everything need time and much more money.:dude:jack::jack:

Lith

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 05:54:29 PM »
Quote from: StixBNR32;595816
stuck with the beautiful revv'ing RB26 :P

I see nothing wrong with a mighty revving RB30!! Its having your cake and eating it too :D

Cams are still standard. managed to repair the old head so just through that back on. Would like to upgrade everything but as with everything need time and much more money.

Can associate with that, well will keep an eye on the thread - should be plenty of fun in the interim anyway :)
  --  Socrates

Osiris09

• SDU Member
  • RB25DET
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 05:56:56 PM »
It definatly is that :jack::jack::jack:

Scubaline

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 09:14:16 PM »
Quote from: Osiris09;595779
Yup I was the Muppet parked the opposite way 2 every 1 else under the trees. You had yours there 2 aye??? Over by the stock bank.

Yeah, right on the end of cue... were the idiot was in the 31 wagon gating through the car park :S

Osiris09

• SDU Member
  • RB25DET
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 10:07:29 PM »
Yup thought so. got a couple pics of it. Yeah there were some real dumb asses out towards the end. i had guys at the gate go its a gtr do a skid. lol

Osiris09

• SDU Member
  • RB25DET
    • View Profile
Osiris's R33 GTR
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 09:13:02 PM »
A couple of new pictures. Just installed some suspension in the weekend. Just R34 Gtr Dampers with Tanabe lowering springs but made a huge difference compared to what it use to look like. The old rears were so worn so this is a huge improvement. No more banging over pot holes or shuddering in tight left corners. Also tried installing the air con. Turns out that there are a few differences between the standard 33 and the gtr radiator and condenser setup. So got the pump mounted anyway and back to looking for the gtr rad and condenser + lines setup. Will get some better pics next time its out as it was a bit wet this weekend for good pictures.