Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Poll

HSD or Tein for suspension?

SD
9 (33.3%)
ein (Mono flex/Super street)
18 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: HSD or Tein...  (Read 3688 times)

AGRORB

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« on: June 17, 2012, 09:26:11 PM »
Okay, most of you will see this as a no-brainer, but i've done a fair bit of forum trawling, mostly on GTR Register and driftworks, on HSD suspension and cant find a bad review of them, better than BC, and they rival Tein in performance but at a fraction of the cost, but im also swayed toward Tein still as I like the idea of japanese parts in a japanese car. This is an ongoing dilemma for me, and i've narrowed it down to these 2, so, vote, and voice your opinion...

2 choices, HSD's, or Tein Mono flex.
Truck drivers - We go ALL night.

BWARP.NET.NZ | BLOG | FORUM | SHOP

Quote from: ibb&;559471
I\'d drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a CB radio

Quote from: nathan1017;591767
giving the knob to sdu.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

base

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:05:25 PM »
loved my teins in the cef  only use tein and nismo springs in the skyline

mlracing.co.nz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:31:33 AM »
Std :p
After performance parts for your car? PM Me, email sales@mlracing.co.nz or visit www.mlracing.co.nz!

BADHAB|T

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »
My vote goes to Tein, but I've got no experience with HSD so I'm a tad biased :p
I've got super streets in my R32, sure they're not the best in the Tein range BUT I took my car for a "spirited" drive yesterday and **** me, I forgot how damn well the car handles!!

Shrike

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 10:04:38 AM »
I would be looking at

STD
MRP
Fortune Auto

In that order the MRP and FA I would get the swift springs with though

Tein are good but expensive and for the price (still cheaper then teins) you could get a set of the wanked up best FA model with your choice of spring rates etc

Ive talked to alot of people with them and been in cars which have had both

The FA just feels better (valving is designed and setup for nz roads) issue with tein/jap brands is there designed for jap roads or the track
Quote from: MZ ROLA;555218
Personally i prefer DP

Quote from: Stalk3r;558679
mmmm sausage

xdrift

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
    • http://
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
I'm pretty sure, at least with Tein super streets sold new here, that there is an Aussie/NZ spec and a Jap spec for both sping rates and valving. When I was researching what to put in my TT 300zx, the difference in spring rates at least between each spec was 1-2 kg kg/mm both front and rear (more on the jap spec) From memory the Aus/NZ spec are 5kg/mm at the front and 4kg/mm at the rear for a TT Z32. Compare that to the likes of D2's which are something like 12 kg/mm front and 10 kg/mm rear for the same car, I know what I'd rather drive on the road. I found the Teins excellent both on the road and track (with the other usual suspension mods and maintenence) and the price I got them for ( $1530 brand new at Autolign Hamilton vs D2's which were around $1200 at the time). I'm not interested in stupid amounts of lowering, but you can go fairly low and still be captive with them.
They are a good all round solution for most people I think, unless you're in competition motorsport or some type of lowering fiend.
I'm not familiar with some of the newer options out there, but my super streets ticked all the boxes I needed for a good price, are well supported and are a quality, reliable product.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:03:18 AM by xdrift »

gtsr

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
I agree with above post. Don't need to go overboard with a street / track suspension setup and match it to your cars specs. I would contact Autolign, Stocks, etc and talk to them about what would suit your cars specs, application.

One thing mentioned in above post is being well supported. Basically being able to service shocks, replace springs when needed and having parts available in NZ, and the cost of those parts. Tein, Bilstein, etc shocks can be rebuilt in NZ by Autolign, etc and Koni shocks by Stocks.

Ethan

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 03:11:59 PM »
All this talk about spring rates and difference in roads, Man i worried about my adjusties theyre from japan :/

Shrike

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 07:52:39 PM »
Give Barry a ring at MRP as well he is the man :)
Quote from: MZ ROLA;555218
Personally i prefer DP

Quote from: Stalk3r;558679
mmmm sausage

xdrift

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »
Quote from: Ethan;601083
All this talk about spring rates and difference in roads, Man i worried about my adjusties theyre from japan :/

Due to a lack of/poor grammer in the above, I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.
I think spring rates, valving and fitness for a purpose are generally important to people who actually are interested performance.. its almost the definition of the term.

The other cool thing about the Teins is that you get packet of sweet stickers haha, all in the aid of chassis rigidity of course.

sonoramicommando

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:36:44 AM by sonoramicommando »

AGRORB

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 08:47:51 AM »
Ive looked at STD, FA, MRP etc and wasnt interested, im not big on American stuff, hence why ive narrowed it down to these 2, and yeah, I realise HSD isnt Japanese :p
Truck drivers - We go ALL night.

BWARP.NET.NZ | BLOG | FORUM | SHOP

Quote from: ibb&;559471
I\'d drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a CB radio

Quote from: nathan1017;591767
giving the knob to sdu.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mlracing.co.nz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 03:00:08 PM »
STD is also assembled in Taiwan with Japanese parts so.. basically Japanese? :P Would go Tein over HSD though.
After performance parts for your car? PM Me, email sales@mlracing.co.nz or visit www.mlracing.co.nz!

Demon

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 08:39:21 PM »
I have had Tein's in my old Type R and a mate has them in is R34 GTT. Have also seen first hand the difference between Daiyama's and the BC Golds was night and day. Will be putting in BC Golds when i go down that road again
White R33 GTS25t

downtrail

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »
End of the day you must choose what coil over suit your driving ability and style. If its just a road car i wouldnt bother buying flash coil overs as they will never be able to be used to there full potential on the road.

the thing is theres no try before you buy type of aproach etc. You shouldn't be biased to buying just japaneese stuff the yanks and germans also make really good stuff. So you need to think do I really need the best? or do I just want to lower my car?
----->UNLIKE OTHER FORMS OF SPORT DRIFTING REQUIRES THE USE OF TWO BALLS<-----

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.facebook.com/cole.customs