Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Poll

HSD or Tein for suspension?

SD
9 (33.3%)
ein (Mono flex/Super street)
18 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: HSD or Tein...  (Read 3687 times)

zique

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »
I'd go tein,I got it in both of my cars but thats my taste in them.I like my teins,some don't.
If you know anyone or can find anyone who got teins or HSD in their cars,ask them for a drive in it.See how you like it:)Best way to find out.

AGRORB

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 08:38:59 PM »
Quote from: downtrail;601264
End of the day you must choose what coil over suit your driving ability and style. If its just a road car i wouldnt bother buying flash coil overs as they will never be able to be used to there full potential on the road.

the thing is theres no try before you buy type of aproach etc. You shouldn't be biased to buying just japaneese stuff the yanks and germans also make really good stuff. So you need to think do I really need the best? or do I just want to lower my car?

I plan on doing quite a few track days, not to mention I have some of the most fun roads in NZ on my doorstep so having plenty of adjustability, setup options and adequate damping performance is a big deal to me. I hate doing things by halves and I hate cheap sh*t, which is why im staying away from the sub $1400 stuff, not out of bragging rights or brand whoring but for peace of mind and going by the old saying of you get what you pay for. I have already looked into Bilstein and for the adjustability of Tein Mono-flexs im looking at upwards of 5k if I have them made here. Wouldve loved Ohlins due to the reputation of their motorcycle stuff but they only seem to make shocks for GTRs, and the American stuff just seems to be all hype with most of it being rebranded Chinese n Taiwanese gear anyway. At least with Japanese brands I know what im in for.
Truck drivers - We go ALL night.

BWARP.NET.NZ | BLOG | FORUM | SHOP

Quote from: ibb&;559471
I\'d drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a CB radio

Quote from: nathan1017;591767
giving the knob to sdu.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gtsr

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 06:36:58 PM »
Should talk to this person, who I read uses Tein suspension -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV-bcbzwrpg

Road / track setup.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:41:40 PM by gtsr »

con-air

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 11:28:40 PM »
TBH for the price you pay heaps of the Japanese stuff is unreliable if you go second hand, and if you go new they are expensive. There's a reason everyone buys BC's etc. these days, they don't have reliability problems and they do the job very well. Tein don't go low at all so if your into slamming i'd stay away unless you go super drifts etc.

AGRORB

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 06:47:46 AM »
Im not into slamming my car, not this one anyway, a 4 door or something maybe, I only wanna bring it down enough so it doesnt look stupid, as I said im more interested in how my suspension performs than turning my car into a stance fiend, my next car maybe :p
Truck drivers - We go ALL night.

BWARP.NET.NZ | BLOG | FORUM | SHOP

Quote from: ibb&;559471
I\'d drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a CB radio

Quote from: nathan1017;591767
giving the knob to sdu.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »
Quality suspension at a good price if you can modify the rear forks to fit your car:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=490932438

4BOOSTN

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 10:57:43 AM »
okay, i work for autolign in palmy...
wWth the teins my personal pick would be the mono-flex. they have base adjustable ride height, keeper springs etc etc and arent to heavily sprung. The old tein hr/ha stuff is still good, but is just way to heavily sprung for street use. A mate had them in his r32 sedan and you couldnt push it down at all the only thing taht would move was the guard!

Erelyes

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »
Are Tein Super Streets worth a look at 4BOOSTN?
- Pete

4BOOSTN

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
HSD or Tein...
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 12:06:12 PM »
Yeah super streets are a good unit, the thing that lets them down is that they dont go overly low. Other than that they are a real nice kit.

StixBNR32

HSD or Tein...
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 01:10:25 AM »
Tein is good - had some type flex.  They were better then my current set in my Gtr (not sure what they are tbh).  Would recommend to have a higher spring rate for nz roads.  Think I will change mine at some stage to something alittle more nz friendly.