Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: sending car to aus  (Read 2386 times)

jade501

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
sending car to aus
« on: January 21, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »
hey guys just woundering if anyone has sent there car from nz to aus and got it on the road ???

mungyz

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
sending car to aus
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:26:50 PM »
A customer of mine just did this.

In short it's an epic pain in the *** but if you REALLY like the car it can be done, unless it's something REALLY special I wouldn't bother though.

R32RB25

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
sending car to aus
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 04:17:53 PM »
I was thinking about this too, as i'm thinking of moving to Australia. Any ideas what the shipping costs would be like?
And guessing getting it complied would be the most painful part, as you can get the equivalent of a green sticker for having an aftermarket pod filter in some states.
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

RENEN

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
sending car to aus
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
Quote from: R32RB25;611517
I was thinking about this too, as i'm thinking of moving to Australia. Any ideas what the shipping costs would be like?
And guessing getting it complied would be the most painful part, as you can get the equivalent of a green sticker for having an aftermarket pod filter in some states.

What mods does you car have?

R32RB25

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
sending car to aus
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 08:00:16 PM »
rb25det engine,gearbox, hubs and brakes. full non hicas conversion. custom cold air intake to a k&n pod filter, custom topmount exhaust manifold, T60 turbo with 44mm external wastegate plumbed into custom 3" system. EBC, front facing plenum, 50mm bov, front mount, gtr bumper and support. custom breather tank/catch can, braided fuel lines throughout. Adjustable coil overs, adjustable camber/castor arms. 18" wheels. Fully certed for NZ roads
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:04:34 PM by R32RB25 »
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

NFORSA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://OldskoolSkylines.bebo.com
sending car to aus
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »
return it to stock, put all your parts in the boot to swap back over after compliance and you'll be right...better hurry though sounds like they are trying to make it even harder to have mods in QLD if that's where you're intending to stay..
Red line it.
日産のスカイライン

fuseikaizousha (不正改造車)

RENEN

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
sending car to aus
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 04:17:53 PM »
To be honest I wouldn't even bother, especially with how much you have done to your car. Take off the parts, return it to stock, sell it and then take your parts to Aussie to install on a car over there. Would be the cheapest and easiest option (what I can think of anyway).

R32RB25

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
sending car to aus
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 08:56:55 PM »
Planning on staying in NSW, but have heard they are just as strict/difficult? And yea I have been weighing up my options, and stripping my car out and putting everything into a car once I'm there, seems to be what everyone is recommending.
I'm a bit hesitant though, as its hard enough to find a tidy r32 in NZ, can't imagine it would be an easier in Australia.
I'm willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money to keep my R32 (its unbelievably straight and tidy) anyone have a clue what type of money I'd have to pay to put it on the road in Australia?
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

thrasher

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
sending car to aus
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 09:56:14 PM »
Weigh it up like this man.. how much do you think your car is worth and how much would it cost to get it there including how much you value your own time at along with the headache.. convert it into aussie dollars and browse around ebay.com.au .. just from a quick look there seem to be some pretty tidy r32's there dude..

R32RB25

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
sending car to aus
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 09:01:46 PM »
Cheers for the advice guys, might actually go through with taking it over, as I have all the patience in the world when it comes to my car. (spent the last 12months waiting for the engine to be completed) Also, the company I'm going to work for are considering subsidizing my relocating costs, including the cost of bringing my car with me.
BUILT NOT BOUGHT