Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Thoughts on this C33  (Read 10519 times)

nzl

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 11:37:32 PM »
Think im going to go and check out the black Laurel first just seem to prefer them compared to cefiro's. Plus i think the leg room is better in them, I'm 6.5ft and a big dude! lol

BADHAB|T

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 11:40:45 PM »
Quote from: b00stinz;617498
the other goes somewhere around the turbo? To the intake perhaps?

Well spotted lol... I didn't see that extra hose there! Yeah it goes to the intake pipe, that's where the factory breather goes :)
You're right though, that better be a sealed catch can! If it is, it's plumbed up correctly but it's only doing half the job - what about catching oil vapor on the PCV valve side of the breather system?!

BADHAB|T

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 11:45:17 PM »
Quote from: nzl;617499
I'm 6.5ft and a big dude!

Bloody hell... hows the weather up there? :dfinger:

Agreed though, I'd prefer a C33 over an A31... I can't pinpoint exactly why either lol, they're both very similar cars!

nzl

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 12:12:06 AM »
Quote from: BADHAB|T;617501
Bloody hell... hows the weather up there? :dfinger:

Agreed though, I'd prefer a C33 over an A31... I can't pinpoint exactly why either lol, they're both very similar cars!

Haha you should have seen me in a 32 coupe!! Haha. Would have got one but there too small haha i love the factory-ish ones.

nzl

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »
Woo! I finally made the trip up to Whangarei today to view the black laurel!! Its really tidy and has to be seen to be appreciated the interior is basically spotless! I was shown the car by the owners mum as he lives out of town and turns out she owned before him and knew the owner before her, So only had 3 owners in total. It was pretty funny boosting around Whangarei with a 70yo driver lol. I didn't really get anymore info if its plus t or genuine DET, as i really didn't know what to look for but i have a gut feeling its genuine lol. Quite funny the radiator hose had a snip and started to piss out coolant after the drive, easy fix which he is going to do apparently. So yeah will most likely be going up in the weekend to show my dad and see what he thinks, :D

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 06:47:19 PM »
Sometimes, if it isn't perfect, you should still just take the plunge and worry about the small and superficial issues later. It's very hard to find a nice tidy skyline/cef/laurel/silvia and if you find something that almost meets your expectations, just get it. I've always done that and haven't regretted it once.

A31_25DET

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2013, 08:26:56 PM »
Quote from: b00stinz;617762
Sometimes, if it isn't perfect, you should still just take the plunge and worry about the small and superficial issues later. It's very hard to find a nice tidy skyline/cef/laurel/silvia and if you find something that almost meets your expectations, just get it. I've always done that and haven't regretted it once.

good point man, i bought a 90% done project laurel coz most of the hard work had been done small stuff was easy, :)
Current Rides:
1996 R33 GTS25-T
1990 E39A VR4 EVO 0

Nothing better than the feeling of hitting boost.......................and still thinking you have control!!

nzl

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2013, 01:10:19 AM »
Yeah i think that's what im going to do, i have been waiting for the perfect laurel and i don't think its going to happen, ie, Mint as, 20DET, Cert etc. Whangarei is kinda limited to pre purchase checks, Can anyone recommend anything? I have heard AA and VTNZ are absolute crap so my options are next to none. These guys seem like my best bet, http://kellysauto.co.nz/Automotive+Repairs/Pre+Purchase+Vehicle+Inspections+-+Whangarei.html

Anyone know of any SDU members or any other people that know RB's haha, that live in Whangarei who could give the car a check for a cashie?

Demco

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2013, 12:26:01 PM »
Dont know if Whangarei has CIS but they were the best and didn't cost that much bout $100 if i remember right
http://carinspections.co.nz/
♜♞♝♛[Firing order: 1-5-3-6-2-4]♚♝♞♜[/b]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ARRRHHH THUUURRRTYYY TWOOO
Progress 98%

[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[/COLOR] || ]

BADHAB|T

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2013, 08:50:41 PM »
nzl - http://skylinesdownunder.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=67474
Just came up for sale.... not sure if you're strictly after a turbo or not, but it looks tidy :)

nzl

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2013, 01:25:58 AM »
Quote from: BADHAB|T;617924
nzl - http://skylinesdownunder.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=67474
Just came up for sale.... not sure if you're strictly after a turbo or not, but it looks tidy :)

Haha I swear this is the one I went too see on the Shore a while ago, tidy as. Guy was selling as he moving to Aus. Just really keen on a laurel aye. Parents wanting to get a AA check on the black one even though I told them about SDU members experiences, they seem to think the AA can't do wrong!! Haha.

BADHAB|T

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2013, 12:18:49 PM »
hahahahahahahaha do NOT get an AA inspection. Older people like parents may think they're the be all and end all because the AA have been with them all their motoring life (in the form of a plastic card saying they're a member and maybe an occasional jump start or flat tyre change).
They will literally tell you where cigarette burns are, where stone chips are etc. They will inspect the oil, if it's not golden coloured they will say it needs changing. Really REALLY basic bullsh|t like that. They do a "relative" compression test... which is utter crap.
You could pay a trusted mechanic 2 hours labour to go over the car with a fine tooth comb and come up with far more AND practical information about the car you're looking at.... for probably less money too!
:)

nzl

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2013, 12:57:36 PM »
:eek::D The dude has stopped being a total retard and started to get back to me! Touchwood. Now i just need to suss a good place to get an inspection done, i have emailed Mag and turbo too see if they can do a Pre purchase check and awaiting a response. I just have no trusted mechanic in Whangarei so I'm kind of stuck for choices lol. I thought about trying pit stop too?

:king:

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »
Probably do pit stop rather than mag and tur-bros

nzl

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this C33
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2013, 03:20:00 AM »